PDA

View Full Version : STRANGE'S Magic Item Index

STRANGE
2013-07-18, 07:19 PM
Hullo there everyone,

Welcome to this thread! In this OP, I will be putting all of my original, custom Magic Items, from Armor to Weapons to Wondrous Items to Cursed Items. I will take requests (Can I have a Wondrous Item for a bard?) (Custom armor for my Paladin?) Also I take suggestions and will put the best up here in this post with credit to you.

Note: This is a humble beginning for a humble thread. No hating on a lack of items until a few are suggested :smallwink:

Weapons

Hammer of Quakes: 10000 GP +2000 GP per enchantment level.
Once per day you can cast Earthquake at a caster level equal to the weapon's enchantment bonus.

Subtle Blade: 2000 GP +1000 GP per enchantment level.
+2 bonus to hit in exchange for -3 damage. Loses another point of damage for +1 bonus to hit every enchantment level. Minimum damage is 1.

Armor:

Armor of Melting (cursed): 10000 GP
Appears to be any kind of magic metal armor. When the character wearing this takes fire or acid damage, the armor melts, losing its AC bonus and dealing 5d6 points of damage to the wearer. A reflex save can be made to take half damage. It can only be removed from the wearer with a Wish or Miracle

Wondrous Items:

Gloves of Siphoning: 4000 GP
While wearing these gloves you can cast Dispel Magic twice a day. Each time magic is dispelled you gain a +2 bonus to damage rolls (for spells, etc. Acid Arrow) or penalize your enemy's saving throw by -2 for one spell use. (for spells, etc. Charm Person)

SolarEdge
2013-07-21, 10:56 AM
Conniver's Blade

hmm cheese-afy-able as a sorcerer with eagles splender could make it OP

Just to Browse
2013-07-21, 10:59 AM
Conniver's Blade is flat-out broken. All charisma gishes will take it forever.

Hammer of Quakes is most likely broken. Stack some crit effects and you can reliably hit 2-3 earthquakes per turn just by full attacking.

The dispelling gloves are... meh.

You need prices and crafting for each of these.

STRANGE
2013-07-21, 11:07 AM
Thanks for all your feedback! I'll have a look at balancing these.

EDIT: Changed Conniver's Blade into Subtle Blade and fixed Hammer of Quakes. I like the Siphon Gloves, so those will stay.

Temotei
2013-07-21, 11:11 AM
There are no costs on them, so it's hard to critique them. If Conniver's blade was 8,000,000,000 gp, for example, it'd be completely worthless. Costs will help us critique more accurately.

EDIT: And now it's gone. Can the subtle blade keep taking the penalty to damage for a better attack modifier? If so, can you make it do negative damage? :smalltongue:

STRANGE
2013-07-21, 11:14 AM
Better attack for lower damage: Gonna fix that

Negative damage: Will cap it lol

EDIT: Added Armor of Melting, a homebrew I've been using in my campaign.

Debihuman
2013-07-21, 02:56 PM
You have to be 13th or possibly 12th with the Earth Domain to cast an earthquake spell so the

Costs for magic item are spelled out here:

Only a masterwork weapon can become a magic weapon, and the masterwork cost is added to the total cost to determine final market value. Additional magic supplies costs for the materials are subsumed in the cost for creating the magic weapon—half the base price given on Table: Weapons, according to the weapon’s total effective bonus.

A weapon can't have higher than a +5 bonus and a single weapon cannot have a modified bonus (enhancement bonus plus special ability bonus equivalents) higher than +10.

A hammer costs 1 gp. adding masterwork (required for all magic weapons) adds 300 gp, a +1 bonus is 2,000 gp, plus the ability to cast earthquake 1/day on command is 163,800, for a grand total of 166,101 gp. market price. Cost to make is 1/2 market price (83,050 gp) and 1/25th market price in XP or 6,552 XP.

Hammer of Quakes is a +1 hammer that can cast an earthquake spell once a day as 13th level Cleric.

Debby

STRANGE
2013-07-21, 03:58 PM
Thanks for the tips! Will fix the prices at some point. If you had that high level in the earth domain you already know earthquake, so whats the point?

Debihuman
2013-07-21, 04:10 PM
You don't need to be able to make it to buy it. Or you can have someone else cast it for you when you make (you still have to pay the gp cost).

Debby

STRANGE
2013-07-21, 04:31 PM
True, true.