PDA

View Full Version : Mystic Ranger question

Yogibear41
2013-07-18, 10:45 PM
Is a mystic rangers caster level = to his mystic ranger level? It never says it outright but I assume it is. It does say the ranger gains spells abilities sooner and is able to wield them more effectively than the standard ranger. In the fluff text so I am asuming his caster level = his class level. Could anyone verify/disprove this?

Fates
2013-07-18, 10:46 PM
Is a mystic rangers caster level = to his mystic ranger level? It never says it outright but I assume it is. It does say the ranger gains spells abilities sooner and is able to wield them more effectively than the standard ranger. In the fluff text so I am asuming his caster level = his class level. Could anyone verify/disprove this?

Unless mentioned otherwise, I believe it is assumed that CL=Class level for anyone capable of casting spells.

Palanan
2013-07-19, 04:08 PM
I recently ran a mystic ranger in a short-lived campaign and that was the approach I used. He was first level, so his spellcasting was painfully limited.

Also, the Mystic Ranger Mini-Handbook (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=10830.0) makes a brief but reasonable argument for assuming the mystic ranger's caster level is equal to his character level. It's essentially the same logic as MasterofFates' comment above.