PDA

View Full Version : League of Shields >=[D

Loki Eremes
2013-07-19, 02:32 AM
hi there playgrounders!
how ya doin?

Been some time since i built some from the ToB.
This time: The Bloodstorm Blade.

i was looking MIC for items to raise my AC...when suddenly i reached the +1 enchantment "Ranged".
This enchant is made for shields only and let you throw them and recover them back at the end of the turn (just like returning). It also states the dmg output for shields...
...So i thought....."wait a min....what if a dual wield throwing shields?" and then i thought... "WAIT A MIN.....i dont even need that enchant!"

See....for those who are not familiar with ToB, the BsB gains "Throw Anything" as a class feature on lvl 1....so technically i would be able to throw shields.

But i had three doubts =
1. May i wield TWO shields, one in each hand?
2. how much damage shields do normally when used this way?

as the "Ranged (+1)" enchantment states, you dont win shield bonus to AC when thrown because the shield comes back at the end of the round.
...BUT...
BsB lvl 4 = Lightning Richochet.

this lead me to question number...
3. if used with Lightning Ricochet, do i get AC bonus from both shields after i full attacked???

theIrkin
2013-07-19, 02:42 AM
they deal 1d4 for light, 1d6 for heavy. you can wield two, but would only get the armor bonus from one (they would be the same type of bonus to AC, and unless stated otherwise, bonuses don't stack). i was just thinking about drawing up a shield user myself, seems like it'd be a fun build, and you could roleplay something nuts.

Loki Eremes
2013-07-19, 03:16 AM
they deal 1d4 for light, 1d6 for heavy. you can wield two, but would only get the armor bonus from one (they would be the same type of bonus to AC, and unless stated otherwise, bonuses don't stack). i was just thinking about drawing up a shield user myself, seems like it'd be a fun build, and you could roleplay something nuts.

Are there other shields in other manuals? or just the ones from basic handbook?

I also love the idea of throwing frigging Tower Shields :smallbiggrin:

Feytalist
2013-07-19, 04:38 AM
Seems you just discovered the Captain America build. Congratulations.

Short version: yes, you can wield two shields and still get the shield bonus, with feats like Improved Shield Bash. Agile Shield Fighter allows you to dual-wield a shield and a one-handed melee weapon (which a heavy shield incidentally is). Bloodstorm Blade allows you to throw your weapons (which a shield bash incidentally is). So yeah, Captain America.

There are a bunch of other shields, yes. Races of Stone I remember. Complete Warrior? I forget.

Fouredged Sword
2013-07-19, 06:15 AM
There are also some cool feats for throwing shields, like one that turns your attack into a line effect, or ranged trip.