PDA

View Full Version : PF, missing (sub)races, and templates

Ralasha
2013-07-19, 03:19 AM
Additional Pathfinder Races and Templates.

While I do understand the attempt to grant a measure of control to the game, and I have found that while the number and variety of races in pathfinder is generally sufficient, it can be none the less limiting in variation. Having few truly esoteric or unique races brings a sadly diminished number of options. Though not necessarily a bad thing, as it limits the means by which a player may bend the rules of the game, it does also hamper ones ability to find what one seeks insofar as creativity.

Thus I have come to the conclusion that the addition of certain ideas from previous versions, incarnations and iterations of the game may be of benefit to myself and others, as humble seekers in the search for exotic excellence.

I present: Expanded Subraces and Templates for Pathfinder.

Often underestimated due to their diminutive stature, Halflings have a level of adaptability not found outside of humans. Their adaptability however, while more limited does lend well towards many classes, since a reduction in strength is not necessarily as crippling a disadvantage as many think.

Much to my own dismay, only one of the Halfling subraces seems to have found its way into the resources of the Pathfinder.

Dwarves In this section I will be reviving Mountain Dwarves, Grey Dwarves, and Gold Dwarves. It is important to note that common Dwarves are Shield Dwarves.

Elves In this section I will be detailing several subraces of Elves.

Gnomes Yes Gnomes! They have subraces! Huzza! Behold the Tinker Gnome and the Wild Gnome in all their splendor and glory! (Just be careful not to get too close, as they do sometimes explode.)

Half-Elves In this section I will be reintroducing only the half-drow.

Halflings In this section I will be including as many as six subraces of Halfling, but at least three.

Humans Contrary to popular belief, there are in fact subraces of human present in D&D, it is important to note that I am not merely referring to the planetouched, as those are not subraces.

Orc There are to my knowledge two subraces of Orc, which I shall endeavor to bring to life in this section.

Miscellanea An area for other races which do not necessarily derive from those above, or incorporate the templates found below.

TEMPLATES Contrary to popular opinion on the matter, that is to say as opposed to others, I find myself disbelieving in the idea that Celestials, Dragons, and other monsters are capable of breeding with anything, but only produce viable offspring with humans or animals. I shall endeavor to distill the essence of such quandaries, and produce the fruits of my tedium here.

*I beg your patience as I attempt to tackle is enormous project, and welcome your encouragement, and commentary. Though I'll probably frown upon negative commentary, by which my mean criticism without constructive advice or ideas. If you see an issue, and feel you must point it out, please present also a solution, else all you do is argue against what I attempt, with seemingly no reason attached. At least from my perspective.

togapika
2013-07-19, 07:13 AM
GOBURIN!!! GOBURIN!!! GOBURIN!!!

eh hem...
What I mean to say is, perhaps the might and noble Goblin could be included?

Ralasha
2013-07-19, 07:19 AM
If I should feel so inclined, I would place it under 'other races' I think.

Though I do intend to include the 'subrace' of kobolds with more draconic leanings.