PDA

View Full Version : Did someone say Glass Strike could hurt golems?

Melcar
2013-07-19, 06:49 AM
Simple question... I remenber reading something about the spell glass strike being a golem killer, and I was wondering if someone could remenber where or could comment whether or not this is true. Personally I have trouble understanding this or how one would think that.

Thanks

Max Caysey
2013-07-19, 07:29 AM
After reading the spell I gotta say that it can not hurt golems. I seem to recall golems being immune to spells that allow for SR!

captain fubar
2013-07-19, 01:24 PM
It will hurt non-golem constructs and undead though as it afects objects and thus gets around the usual con- imunity and targets a fort save witch will be rather low on those types of monsters.

Galvin
2013-07-19, 02:03 PM
It will not hurt golems. It is negated by Spell Resistance.

PaucaTerrorem
2013-07-19, 03:20 PM
Stone Golem: Stone to Flesh to negate spell immunity then Glass Strike?

Melcar
2013-07-19, 04:34 PM
Stone Golem: Stone to Flesh to negate spell immunity then Glass Strike?

It would become a flesh golem, which also ignores spell that allow for SR!

flare'90
2013-07-19, 04:41 PM

Nope, it loses DR and Immunity to Magic for a full round.
It's listed as a specific exception to his Immunity to Magic.

TuggyNE
2013-07-19, 08:49 PM

Making a stone golem into a flesh golem is actually a two-step process: first, cast stone to flesh to negate its Immunity to Magic, which also negates the special handling of stone to flesh that makes this step work; second, cast stone to flesh again, and this time the usual effect will occur, in this case preserving the golem-ness after the switch.

If you leave out the second step you can cast some other SR:Yes spell in that window of opportunity.