Bloom
Transmutation
Level: Drd 0
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Touch
Target: One Medium or smaller living plant
Duration: Instantaneous; see text
Saving Throw: Fortitude negates (harmless)
Spell Resistance: No

You touch a living plant, bringing it to full bloom within moments. The plant is at its most beautiful and stays in this state for a number of months equal to your caster level before going on with its life as normal. The plant is inured to climate changes, gaining an endure elements effect, as the spell, for the months it is affected. Any yields the plant would give are doubled for the duration of its fully bloomed state. Finally, yields from the plant last for twice as long.

Material Component
A petal from a dead flower, which you hold against the touched plant while casting the spell.

Everlasting Bloom
Transmutation
Level: Drd 1, Plant 1

Everlasting bloom works like bloom, except that the touched plant is forever in full bloom and becomes immune to all harmful weather effects native to its plane.

Great Bloom
Transmutation
Level: Drd 1, Plant 1
Target: One living plant

Great bloom works like bloom, except that there is no size limit to the touched plant.

Interplanar Bloom
Transmutation
Level: Drd 3, Plant 3

Interplanar bloom works like bloom, except that there is no size limit to the touched plant, it is forever in full bloom, and it becomes immune to all harmful weather effects from any plane. In addition, the plant extends beyond its plane and blooms in every plane that sustains plant life. Essentially, the plant exists on all planes, but there is only one plant. It is immune to any planar effects that would move it or change its nature. Destroying the plant on a single plane only removes its physical manifestation from that plane. It continues to exist on every other plant-sustaining plane.

Material Component
A dead flower from a different plane than the touched plant, which you hold against the touched plant while casting the spell.

Perfect Bloom
Transmutation
Level: Drd 2, Plant 2

Perfect bloom works like bloom, except that there is no size limit to the touched plant, it is forever in full bloom, and it becomes immune to all harmful weather effects native to its plane.

Material Component
A dead flower, which you hold against the touched plant while casting the spell.

Amechra
2013-07-19, 01:34 PM
How exactly does Interplanar Bloom work?

Do copies of the plant just pop up on every eligible plane?

Temotei
2013-07-19, 01:56 PM
Do copies of the plant just pop up on every eligible plane?

That's basically how I picture it working. Like an astral projection, but only on the plant and on every plant-sustaining plane in existence. I made it vague so a DM could decide if the plant dying on one plane would spell the end of it only on that plane or on all planes it exists.

Should I spell it out more?

EDIT: As an aside, my original idea for it was just that the plant is omnipresent on the planes. There's only one plant, but it can be seen on every eligible plane. Confusing as hell, though.

EDIT TWO: Interplanar bloom now has a more-spelled-out consequence of destroying the plant on one plane, as well as what exactly is going on. It's confusing and I'm not sure anything works like that, but it's cool. :smalltongue:

Demidos
2013-07-19, 02:13 PM
I could see creative uses of this spell being used to send toxic-gas spewing plants to every wizard's private demi-plane, slowly killing them while they astral-project.

That being said, its still a nice line of spells! :smallbiggrin:

Temotei
2013-07-19, 02:17 PM
I could see creative uses of this spell being used to send toxic-gas spewing plants to every wizard's private demi-plane, slowly killing them while they astral-project.

That would be an interesting use. I like it.

That being said, its still a nice line of spells! :smallbiggrin:

Thanks. :smallsmile: