PDA

View Full Version : Equipment for PCs created above lv1

yougi
2013-07-19, 02:53 PM
So me and a couple friends have a week off together this summer and we wanted to play a bit of 4E. We decided to start at lv3, just to get a few more powers than at first level. I'm a first time DM of this edition, but a long-time DM of 3.5, and I'm wondering how much loot they should be given. I've read the guidelines about the parcels and all that stuff, but that seems rather high: a 3rd level party of 6 characters should have amassed , 1 second level item, 2 third levels, 3 fourths, 3 fifths and one sixth.

Is that right? I feel like that is a bit much...

tcrudisi
2013-07-19, 03:34 PM
They get a magic item of theif level plus one, a magic item of their level, a magic item of thdir level minus one,and gold equal to a magic item of their level minus one.

vasharanpaladin
2013-07-19, 03:48 PM
They get a magic item of theif level plus one, a magic item of their level, a magic item of thdir level minus one,and gold equal to a magic item of their level minus one.

This. Dungeon Master's Guide p.143.

NecroRebel
2013-07-19, 03:57 PM
Also, above level 1 mundane equipment isn't considered important enough to warrant spending money on it, so you can get as much of it as you want.

Or rather, you get as much "standard adventuring gear" as you want - it isn't entirely clear whether mundane weapons and armor are "standard adventuring gear," but since all the stuff labeled as "adventuring gear" is on a single table and you're specifically allowed to take as much "standard adventuring gear" from the tables in PHB1, it's fairly easy to claim that you're supposed to be able to get them, too.

yougi
2013-07-19, 10:32 PM
Thank you all! :D

Mando Knight
2013-07-20, 12:32 AM
Or rather, you get as much "standard adventuring gear" as you want - it isn't entirely clear whether mundane weapons and armor are "standard adventuring gear," but since all the stuff labeled as "adventuring gear" is on a single table and you're specifically allowed to take as much "standard adventuring gear" from the tables in PHB1, it's fairly easy to claim that you're supposed to be able to get them, too.

Do NOT allow them to argue that this means that they can get as many ritual components (which are on said table) as they want, particularly once they are of the level to enchant magic items themselves (get an arbitrary amount of residuum, then turn it into all the utility items they could ever want...), nor should you let them sell back an arbitrarily large amount of standard adventuring equipment to afford higher level items.