PDA

View Full Version : Additional Errata for Faster Healing (CW)?

Cheiromancer
2013-07-20, 08:33 AM
I was rereading CW and noticed that the table for the Faster Healing feat (p. 99) seems wrong. Namely that the 'Normal' amount of healing after a day of strenuous activity is 0. According to the SRD

Natural Healing

With a full night’s rest (8 hours of sleep or more), you recover 1 hit point per character level. Any significant interruption during your rest prevents you from healing that night.

If you undergo complete bed rest for an entire day and night, you recover twice your character level in hit points.

The Complete Warrior Errata (https://www.wizards.com/dnd/files/CompleteWarrior_Errata08022005.zip) amend the ability score points recovered per day with the faster healing feat alone, and faster healing together with long-term care from a successful heal check. It doesn't change the normal value for healing (0 for strenuous activity, 1 for light activity).

Am I right that the table for the Faster Healing feat contradicts the SRD? Or have I been misunderstanding the rules for natural healing all these years? We've always played that after a hard day's adventuring, a good night's rest would recover 1 hp/level. Maybe we shouldn't have!