PDA

View Full Version : [Pathfinder] build advice

genesaika
2013-07-20, 11:13 AM
I am making a level 7 character for a quick adventure and was trying to decide what to make, when I came across the Titan mauler archetype. I had an idea and since I don't have hero lab at the moment was curious what y'all thought.

Barbarian (Titan mauler) 2
Fighter 5

The race would be one of the small ones, any suggestions? He would use a two handed sword, maybe falchion, and a shield.The feats and such will be pretty standard.

I'm not sure what module my dm is running, most of the enemies will be medium or smaller, thus why I want to play a small race.

What sort of damage difference am I looking at? Is it viable? Anything I'm missing?

The group will be; ranger, cleric, sorcerer, and me.

Edit: instead of a falchion I will probably use a nodachi, unless I can find a way to use an elven curve blade.

avr
2013-07-20, 09:23 PM
Why the fighter levels rather than more barbarian? PF rewards single classing, in the barbarian's case by making the later rage powers better and scaling some rage powers by barbarian level.

What are you doing with 3 fighter feats which beats that?

Squirrel_Dude
2013-07-21, 12:33 AM
I would also ask why you're taking the Titan Mauler archetype. I've never seen anything in it that's really useful.

*Ah, I see, it's for the ability to use a two-handed weapon in one hand. May I recommend a greatsword instead of a falchion? Also I would recommend taking the sword and board or the two weapon fighting archetypes of the fighter if you want to take the greatest advantage of this.

If you just want to wield a two handed weapon and a shield then just take the phalanx fighter archetype that lets you wield any polearm or spear weapon in one hand.

genesaika
2013-07-22, 10:08 AM
Thanks for the responses, they came a little too late though. I made a pure fighter, mostly because hero lab didn't recognize that a Titan mauler could use a 2hand sword in one hand.

As to y'alls questions.

Why not straight barbarian? I don't like them, rage powers and all. The whole point of the barbarian levels was jotungrip and the bonus to fighting big monsters, mostly for fluff.

I was wanting it to be a sword wielder specifically, again for fluff really.

The idea was a fluffy character for my to roleplay that wasn't a huge drop in damage for the sake of fluff.