PDA

View Full Version : Lego Beggar City (OOC)

Jaerug XI
2013-07-20, 01:55 PM
I will be posting piece options for everyone today. This game does not really require a map or anything, so I think that is all for now.

Jaerug XI
2013-07-20, 04:46 PM
Here are the piece options for each of you. I don't believe I skipped anyone, but if I did please let me know post-haste so that can be rectified. In your spoilers I will have put your adaptions if you have any. They will be positive | negative in format. If you do not have an adaption, I will have put a dash.
If you want an adaption, but didn't complete the process to get one, just let me know.
Choose three of the pieces in your spoiler and that's your stuff. Assume you start with a guy and no other equipment.
stanleyindraven
camouflage | moves at half speed
white 1x8 thick
blue 2x2 thick
blue 1x2 thick
opaque light green circular stud
black scorpion
black 4x12 thin
light grey 3x2 thin w/half circle side w/cylindrical slot
thekazooist
-
black 1x2 thick
blue 1x12 thick
dark grey 1x8 thin smooth
light grey 1x8 thin smooth
white 1x1 5-high square pillar
light grey 2-high hanging grate/ladder
Elbeyon
inventing | coward and pansy
orange 1x4 thin
green 2x6 thin
green 2x4 thick
red snake
black 2x2-1x2 sloping thick
brown 4x4 quarter circle thin
yellow 3x3 angular quarter dome
Abombom
-
white 2x4 thick
white 3x2 thick
red 2x4 thick
beige 2x8 thin
blue saddle
small wheel set on light grey 1x4 thin axis
white 4-high pole w/stud base
Mabn
strategerability | speaks in gibberish
yellow 1x2 thick
black 3x2 thick
red 2x6 thin
yellow 1x6 thin
brown 1x2 thick w/cylindrical slot
clear dark green circular stud
black 6x6 3-sided slant-walled low piece
Icilia
-
brown barrel
black 2x4 thick
green 1x1 spiky plant
featureless white r2d2 body
white 2x2/1x4 thin rotational joint
light grey 1x2 thick w/+slot
yellow 2x2 thin w/protruding cylindrical mount
Party God
scavenging | poor coordination, fighting
light grey 1x1 thick
brown 2x2 thick
blue 1x6 thick
light grey 1x2 thin smooth
red 1x2 thin grill
black 1x4 crosshatch fence low
clear goggle visor w/snorkle/antenna
LordChaos13
animation | unable to leave city block
dark grey thin 4x6
black lever/antenna
white mounted grasper
light grey L-piece thick
blue 2x3 thick
black 1x6 thin
black 1x8 thin

Mabn
2013-07-20, 05:01 PM
I will take

brown 1x2 thick w/cylindrical slot
clear dark green circular stud
black 6x6 3-sided slant-walled low piece

thekazooist
2013-07-20, 06:37 PM
I'll take the three grey ones.

LordChaos13
2013-07-20, 08:57 PM
Lever
1*8
1*6

Party God
2013-07-20, 09:49 PM
I'll take
blue 1x6 thick
black 1x4 crosshatch fence low
clear goggle visor w/snorkle/antenna
It's okay to be jealous of my snorkle.

Icilia
2013-07-20, 10:23 PM
I'll take:
Brown Barrel
Black 2x4 Thick
yellow 2x2 thin w/protuding cylindrical mount

stanleyindraven
2013-07-22, 06:40 AM
K, so:

Black Scorpion, opaque light green circular stud, and black 4x12 thin.

Jaerug XI
2013-07-23, 05:50 PM
I have gotten all but a couple of piece submissions and I am still waiting for the last ones. I am thinking that come rain or shine, I will post the IC link and begin play Thursday.

Party God
2013-07-23, 10:29 PM
So, do you physically own these pieces? If we end up building something epic, can we expect to see some pictures?

Jaerug XI
2013-07-24, 11:57 AM
My piece selection process was me taking a handful of pieces out of a bin, dividing it in two and taking out the remainder so there were two groups of seven, and doing this four times for the eight players.
I do in fact own the pieces I offered. However, due to the amount of stuff that the suburbanites and government workers own, I am not actually using the same method for generating them. It is not a matter of running out of material, it is a matter of being able to declare instantly what it would take me hours to draft in this way.
In answer to your other question, I have not figured out how to post pictures to the forum, as I am relatively new. Any advice on that front would be greatly appreciated.
Now seems like a good time to address something small that has been nagging at me. As I originally made the rules, the game is less based on the actual Lego pieces and more based on extrapolation from just the basic forms. The only time the bricks were used as such in the first model was the beginning of possessions generation.
Since there is an apparent interest in more direct Legoing, I am trying to work out ways to get that more into the rules. Until then, I hope the game is still enjoyable. When I think of anything, I will let you know.

Party God
2013-07-24, 12:19 PM
Either way works for me, honestly. Are you saying that buy having that one fence piece, I could extrapolate that to a low fence around my home, or a 4-stud length of low fencing relative to a minifig's size?

As for how to put pictures on here, you can upload them to a site like tinypic dot com and then use this tage:

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/bill.gif

Jaerug XI
2013-07-24, 12:34 PM
Thank you very much for the picture advice.
While you couldn't do the example of the fence around the home because the shape is different, you could say place it at a 90 degree rotation on a basic block and make a stove or some such. That is because it has the features. It looks the same. Think of it less as a fence that you can turn into other fences and more as a piece with definite size and features that can be used as a corresponding section of fence or something else.
I'm not sure that makes any sense, but I hope it helps.

stanleyindraven
2013-07-24, 12:45 PM
like i could potentially take my 4x12 and put the green circle on it and hold it over my head saying it is a roof with a green light, i am guessing thats how it would work.

Or I could turn my scorpion over and use it as a claw

Jaerug XI
2013-07-24, 12:50 PM
Well, yes that is a working example assuming that your guy can hold up a sheet of rigid material at least as heavy as he is without handles all night. You could also put the platform on the ground and work on it a bit and then say it was a massive tar puddle.
Remember, you can work on your pieces. You could cut a piece in half or sand it down or bend it or some such. You may also craft multiple pieces together with the right tools and make them a completely different thing with a combination of the components' qualities. A small red shield and a black stick can easily become a burgundy shovel.

Jaerug XI
2013-07-25, 03:11 PM
Okay, it is done. The IC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=294321) is now up and running. When you get on, please just state what you are using things for (shelter pieces, mostly) just so I can have that logged.
I will give everyone a little time to just interact with each other before I start throwing missions at you, but I don't know how long the wait will be.

Party God
2013-07-26, 06:50 PM
Whoop whoop!

Jaerug XI
2013-07-27, 07:35 PM
Okay. Great game so far, and since I'm fairly sure that Elbeyon and Abombom will not be joining us right at the start here, I think we are getting to all engines go.
A note on adventure form, since there will be more of it:
-I state that there is a mission
-Individuals go to the suburbs
-Further description of objectives
-PC's list their actions
-I list NPC actions
we might repeat those last two depending on time.
I think that taxes will come some time before the first full mission, but the first round will be light.

Jaerug XI
2013-07-31, 04:40 PM
Okay, since the partner mission is done, I will probable post taxes sometime this weekend. While it will be sort of a light round, some of your stuff will evaporate so make sure to have something ready. Remember, haggling will be accepted according to the agent's tolerance.
If this weekend won't work for anyone, please let me know sometime before.

Jaerug XI
2013-08-04, 01:46 PM
Taxes are posted. The window for haggling extends until the end of Tuesday.

Jaerug XI
2013-08-08, 11:51 AM
New turn is up!

stanleyindraven
2013-08-08, 12:17 PM
Guessing these are the parts

https://www.thedailybrick.co.uk/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/700x700/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/l/e/lego_plate_2_x_6_3795darkbluishgray.png
https://www.thedailybrick.co.uk/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/700x700/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/l/e/lego_plate_4_x_12_3029black.png
http://brickowl.com/files/image_cache/larger/lego-red-support-1-x-1-x-6-solid-pillar-43888-2.png

Jaerug XI
2013-08-08, 12:32 PM
You would be correct.

Jaerug XI
2013-08-08, 01:08 PM
Another player has decided to join our adventure! Panfried will be starting up for the first team mission. The pieces they chose were:
light grey 1x10 thick
light grey 2x1 with 8 outlets (the stop light one)
small beige wheel

stanleyindraven
2013-08-08, 01:15 PM
well, congratulations panfried. I am sure gibwalter will be trying to assault you verbally very shortly for your parts.

Mabn
2013-08-08, 05:35 PM
Assault is such a negative word. I prefer bargle.

Jaerug XI
2013-08-18, 07:29 PM
Unfortunately, I am going to have to call this one.