PDA

View Full Version : Balanced Stealth/Archer/Arcane build?

PangolinPie
2013-07-20, 02:41 PM
Been mulling this idea around in my head for a while now for a particular build that would basically be a stealthy archer/sniper with a good degree of arcane abilities. Been doing my research; found a lot of potential in the Swift Hunter Ranger/Scout build but not a big fan of the Ranger spell list. A friend told me he once played a Beguiler/Scout build that was a lot of fun and both classes bare some very Rogue like abilities that stacked well enough although he had to split useful feats between casting and ranged.

I could just do a straightforward Fighter/Rogue/Wizard/Arcane Archer tree but I'm really not fond of dipping into so many classes for just a level or two...seems kind of cheap at least with the way I game.

I've also always been fond of the concept behind the Shadowcraft Mage, especially with the use of illusions and shadows to aid in stealth...

Any ideas?

PS: No Psionics and not familiar at all with systems/mythos of Ebberon, Faerun, etc...just standard 3.5.

Khedrac
2013-07-20, 03:00 PM
If you are talking D&D 3.5 then you are in the wrong forum - this is for older versions of AD&D/D&D and other systems. Go up one level then look for the 35rd/3.5/Pathfinder sub-forum.

PangolinPie
2013-07-20, 03:09 PM
...............well crap........sorry!