PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Building a BBEG

Silus
2013-07-21, 03:21 AM
Ok, so firstly, in the off chance that you are a player in the "Planebreak: End of an Age" campaign, then kindly turn right around and scamper back out.

Anyway, I'm working on the third incarnation of the campaign's "end boss". First was gonna be a generic Pit Fiend (boring), followed by a Star Spawn of Cthulhu (Too obvious as of last session). So instead, I'm gonna sorta rip off of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. No no, not pastel colored ponies, but rather the "Nightmare Moon" character. A corrupted/evil goddess banished to the ether/space by their sister. The short of it, she comes back (Having manipulated some outer planar entities to break through the planar barrier that the older sister goddess threw up) wanting revenge and what she feels is rightfully hers (The world and everything associated with it).

Here's the problem though. I'm basically building this creature from scratch, using really only the Amalgam template to combine a Drow Noble and a Shae, then going from there, and I'm not really sure what to do. The idea is that the PCs will be ~lvl 15 when they have to duke it out with her the first time, so I figure that by the time they get around to really kicking her can for good, they'll be level 20 and she'll be like CR 22 or so.

So I'm looking for help, specifically with the following:

1) Should I give her class levels, or just beef up her stats and such?
1a) If yes for class levels, what class/s? I was thinking either Sorcerer or Oracle with things that pertained to space/the Dark Tapestry/the stars.
2) What sort of gear should I be looking towards for her at level 15?
3) How much is too much in terms of abilities and sheer power?

And just general help I suppose. :smalleek: *Overwhelmed by stuff*

The current stat sheet (pretty unfinished at this time)

XP 3200
*A Medium Outsider (Extraplanar)
Init +5; Senses Darkvision 60ft; Perception +3
------------------------------
DEFENSE
AC 27, touch 15, flat-footed 22 (+5 Dex, +6 natural, +6 Armor)
hp 77 (9d10+27)
Fort +6, Ref +11, Will +11; +2 vs. enchantment
Defensive Abilities amorphous, blur
Immunities Sleep, Cold SR 15
OFFENSE
Speed 30 ft.
Melee Touch +14/+9 (1d6 Cold)
Ranged Star Blast +17/+12 (3d6+3 Cold/Fire)

Spell-Like Abilities (CL 7th; Concentration +)
Constant - Blur
At will - Lesser Shadow Evocation
STATISTICS
Str 14, Dex 20, Con 16, Int 16, Wis 16, Cha 16
Base Atk +9; CMB +11; CMD 26
Feats Combat Expertise, Iron Will, Arcane Armor Training, Arcane Armor Mastery, Light Armor Proficiency, Medium Armor Proficiency
Skills: Acrobatics +22, Bluff +10, Diplomacy +10, Disguise +10, Intimidate +9, Knowledge (arcana) +8, Knowledge (Planes) +10, Perception +12, Sense Motive +16, Stealth +22 (+32 in regions of shadow or low light or darkness), Use Magic Device +16
Racial Modifiers +2 Perception, +10 Stealth in regions of shadow or low light or darkness
Languages Common
SQ Outsider Traits
SPECIAL ABILITIES
Outsider Traits
An outsider is at least partially composed of the essence (but not necessarily the material) of some plane other than the Material Plane. Some creatures start out as some other type and become outsiders when they attain a higher (or lower) state of spiritual existence.
-Darkvision 60 feet.
-Unlike most living creatures, an outsider does not have a dual nature—its soul and body form one unit. When an outsider is slain, no soul is set loose. Spells that restore souls to their bodies, such as raise dead, reincarnate, and resurrection, don't work on an outsider. It takes a different magical effect, such as limited wish, wish, miracle, or true resurrection to restore it to life. An outsider with the native subtype can be raised, reincarnated, or resurrected just as other living creatures can be.
-Outsiders breathe, but do not need to eat or sleep (although they can do so if they wish). Native outsiders breathe, eat, and sleep.

ECOLOGY
Environment:
Organization:
Treasure: +4 Mithril Breastplate

Edit: Update, have a spell list. Kinda started from scratch with a Shae Sorcerer with the Void-Touched bloodline. Here's the current spell list:

Sorcerer Spells Known (CL 20th; concentration +29)

9th (6/day) Meteor Swarm (DC 28), Winds of Vengence (DC 28 Fort), Interplanetary Teleport (DC 29), Mass Suffocation (DC 28 Fort/Partial)
8th (7/day) Prying Eyes, Polar Ray, Sunburst (DC 27), Form of the Dragon III (DC 27)
7th (7/day) Reverse Gravity, Hungry Darkness, Lunar Veil (DC 26), Spell Turning
6th (7/day) Repulsion (DC 25), Contingency, Fluid Form, Unconscious Agenda
5th (7/day) Overland Flight, Cone of Cold (DC 24), Nightmare (DC 24), Dominate Person, Siphon Magic
4th (8/day) Call Lightning Storm (Fire damage, DMG+ at night), Dimension Door, Ice Storm, Moonstruck (DC 23), Wall of Ice (DC 23)
3rd (8/day) Blink, Haste, Displacement (DC 22), Vengeful Comets, Call the Void (DC 22)
2nd (8/day) Glitterdust (DC 21), Blindness-Deafness (DC 21), Mirror Image, Spectral Hand, Invisibility, Frost Fall (DC 21)
1st (8/day) Unseen Servant, Expeditious Retreat, Ray of Enfeeblement (DC 20), Magic Missile, Shield, Grease (DC 20)
0th (at will) Ray of Frost, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Disrupt Undead, Mage Hand, Acid Splash, Ghost Sound (DC 19), Prestidigitation, Arcane Mark