PDA

View Full Version : Backup PG

Beardbarian
2013-07-21, 06:34 AM
Hi folks!

I'm playing a campaign with gestalt characters and i'm thinking for a backup pg just in case.

I was looking for an Aasimar, Unseelie Fey (http://www.realmshelps.net/monsters/templates/unseeliefey.shtml), Cleric//Swordsage devoted to Wee Jas.
The questions are:

1) Can i take both the paths of DMM and RKV? Any suggestion for feats?

2) Is wise to take some Divine Oracle's levels?

3) Which Season Power should i take?

4) This statement of the Unseelie Fey:
Feats: Unseelie fey have one feat for every four levels or the base creature's total of feats, whichever is greater.
Means that i gain bonus feats or just regular 1ft/3lv?

5) If i'm considerated a Fey i'll lost martial weapon profency from the Aasimar? And what about elemental resistance and SLA?

This is my first time with ToB and hard building in general, sorry for the number of questions.

Also, sorry for the english

Andezzar
2013-07-21, 07:05 AM
1) Can i take both the paths of DMM and RKV? Any suggestion for feats?Not sure what you mean by DMM in that context, but only one side of a gestalt level can be a PrC.

3) Which Season Power should i take?All four are nice. I would make the choice based on what charisma score you plan to have.

4) This statement of the Unseelie Fey:
Means that i gain bonus feats or just regular 1ft/3lv?It is either/or. Since no intelligent creature gets less than 1/3 levels and mindless creatures do not get feats, I have no idea when the other option would come into play.

5) If i'm considerated a Fey i'll lost martial weapon profency from the Aasimar? And what about elemental resistance and SLA?You lose neither because the template does not tell you to remove anything.

Beardbarian
2013-07-21, 07:39 AM
Not sure what you mean by DMM in that context, but only one side of a gestalt level can be a PrC.
Divine Metamagic.
Then i'll go for Ruby Knight Vindicator

All four are nice. I would make the choice based on what charisma score you plan to have.
At least 18 (12 +2 Aasimar +2 Fey). That's why i was looking for Divine Metamagic

It is either/or. Since no intelligent creature gets less than 1/3 levels and mindless creatures do not get feats, I have no idea when the other option would come into play.
Ok i that's another thread topic. Nevermind.

You lose neither because the template does not tell you to remove anything.
But ill'be an Outsider, a Fey or both? That's the real question.

Andezzar
2013-07-21, 08:09 AM
Divine Metamagic.
Then i'll go for Ruby Knight VindicatorI don't see why you would have to make a choice. You can have the Feat Divine Metamagic and take levels in Ruby Knight Vindicator.

At least 18 (12 +2 Aasimar +2 Fey). That's why i was looking for Divine MetamagicTough choice, go with what you like best:
Vernal Touch: At will removing dazed, nauseated, fatigued, and exhausted conditions is great. Turn Undead at a touch not so much, especially since it does not grant actual Turn Attempts.

Summer Caress: Magic circle against anything but animal, beast, fey, or magical beast creature types is great. Especially since you can keep it up most of the time.

Autumn Harvest: Dispel magic a couple of times per day is not bad either

Winter Chill: Nice debuff, but you have to get very close.

But ill'be an Outsider, a Fey or both? That's the real question.Fey.

The creature's type becomes "fey."A creature can only ever have one Type, but can have multiple Subtypes.

Beardbarian
2013-07-21, 08:51 AM
I don't see why you would have to make a choice. You can have the Feat Divine Metamagic and take levels in Ruby Knight Vindicator.
You're right. But i was looking for a feat progression in order to have DMM at the 6° level. And i need a lot of feats for the swordsage part.

Vernal Touch: At will removing dazed, nauseated, fatigued, and exhausted conditions is great. Turn Undead at a touch not so much, especially since it does not grant actual Turn Attempts.

Summer Caress: Magic circle against anything but animal, beast, fey, or magical beast creature types is great. Especially since you can keep it up most of the time.

Autumn Harvest: Dispel magic a couple of times per day is not bad either.

I think i'll go for Autumn Harvest. Winter Chill looks great but only for Melee, that would be grat for monk's stunning fist but this is not the case