PDA

View Full Version : Magic item abilities compendium

Renen
2013-07-21, 03:40 PM
Anyone know of a list of all the stuff you can plop onto magic items? Most of that is in MIC but I heard there are some floating around in other books, and it'd b nice if any one knew a place to look em all up at once.

Renen
2013-07-21, 09:29 PM
Any 1? :smalleek:

eggynack
2013-07-21, 10:04 PM
It's honestly a bit unclear what you're looking for. If you're seeking out common item enchantments that don't cost any more to attach to a magical item than a nonmagical one, I'm pretty sure that's only in the MIC. If you're seeking out other enchantments that you can combine if you're willing to pay a premium, that's literally everything given the ability to just stick multiple abilities on the same item for a higher price.

Renen
2013-07-22, 04:33 PM
I am looking for a list of abilities to put onto magic items. Stuff like Keen, flaming, etc. Not all of that is in MIC, so I was wondering if anyone made a list from combining all the sources.

eggynack
2013-07-22, 04:46 PM
I am looking for a list of abilities to put onto magic items. Stuff like Keen, flaming, etc. Not all of that is in MIC, so I was wondering if anyone made a list from combining all the sources.
Ah. That makes a bit more sense then. If you're just looking for weapon stuff, there's a pretty comprehensive list hereabouts (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19870158/The_3.5_Weapon_Special_Abilities_thread), but I don't know if there's a super complete list. You mostly just get stuff like Bunko's bargain basement (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=350.0), which is a list of good items at low prices. If you want something in particular, that's a lot easier to pull off, but just a huge list of every magic item in the game seems crazy. That's basically what a list like that would be, because you can basically add the effects of a magic item to yourself no matter what, if you're willing to pay the price.

Renen
2013-07-22, 04:56 PM
Yeh, not only items. Like if I wanna make a custom magical ring or something, I wanna know all the stuff I can pin to it. sadly, MIC doesnt have ALL of the abilities. Some are hidden in other books in groups of 5 or so.

eggynack
2013-07-22, 05:03 PM
Yeh, not only items. Like if I wanna make a custom magical ring or something, I wanna know all the stuff I can pin to it. sadly, MIC doesnt have ALL of the abilities. Some are hidden in other books in groups of 5 or so.
Well, it's mostly the DMG and the MIC when it comes to crafting guidelines. I don't think there are other sources for those things. However, due to the nature of crafting, the list of abilities you can attach to a custom ring is basically every item in existence. It complicates things somewhat. Outside of the MIC and DMG it's mostly just single items that you can toss onto other items. Weapon enchantments seem different, but they're ultimately really not. You're basically just paying a premium for each subsequent ability, with some effects having no additional cost for adding them to an already enchanted item. The math is different, but the basics are the same. Still, for a custom magic ring, the first place I'd go is the DMG. They're only guidelines, but they're just about the best guidelines we've got.

Renen
2013-07-22, 05:30 PM
Well, books like complete warrior hsve stuff. Like enchantment that gives DR5 to slshing and such.