PDA

View Full Version : What would you do wit an entire plane?

ThatGuyOvaThere
2013-07-21, 11:07 PM
So my dm gave me endless gold, and i decided to buy enough power stone of genesis made by a 30th level psion, to get 30,000 miles of world I have to work with. what would you all do with a plane ten times a big as Earth?

NichG
2013-07-21, 11:13 PM
Couple ideas:

- Feng-Shui it to have some sort of particular philosophical bent and then try to get it to start drawing transmigrating souls as step one towards ascension.

- Send it flying through energy-rich areas in the border ethereal and then mine it for rare materials.

- Emergency evacuation for your planet.

- Make a patchwork plane by stealing bits of other people's realms (there's a PrC that lets you rip free regions a couple miles in radius and transport them to other planes, but I'm blanking on the name right now).

- Make it beautiful and have lots of secluded areas and sell vacation homes to wanna-be archmages in the Lv10-16 range (e.g. pre-Genesis) in exchange for favors and the occasional service. Alternately, same story, but for reclusive creatures; having a live-in Water Weird in exchange for the occasional use of its divination powers for example.

- Use it as a wildlife preserve for endangered monster species.

Yogibear41
2013-07-21, 11:20 PM
- Use it as a wildlife preserve for endangered monster species.

Then accelerate time come back in a few thousand years to an undeveloped wild land full of amazing beasts and enjoy your new hunting grounds. Emerse yourself in the natural world and let your feral side out, hunt or die, finally a paradise for the ultimate huntsman.

I'm a man of simple yet refined tastes.

Also rename yourself hircine.

Altenatively, if you want to get some sort of actually game mechanic advantage out of it, be a druid, homebrew some new amazing animals to populate said world, learn to wildshape into said homebrew animals: profit.

ThatGuyOvaThere
2013-07-21, 11:24 PM
Then accelerate time come back in a few thousand years to an undeveloped wild land full of amazing beasts and enjoy your new hunting grounds. Emerse yourself in the natural world and let your feral side out, hunt or die, finally a paradise for the ultimate huntsman.

Sadly, you can't change the time flow, it is always the same as the material.

ArcturusV
2013-07-21, 11:24 PM
I had a similar idea. But more along the lines of "The Most Dangerous Game".

Fill it with savage jungle, the worst critters you can pull from the multiverse, even Australia... then use it as an execution/hunting ground for "interesting" humanoid subjects you run across.

... after all, what else would do you with all those 10th level wizards/clerics/psions/etc who might someday challenge your power, OTHER than toy with them and hunt them down before they ascend to enough power to resist you?

... then you have a sequel campaign ready to go.

ArqArturo
2013-07-21, 11:27 PM
The Biggest Planar Coliseum ever. Invite adventurers from different realms to fight each other for gold, glory, and for the sheer thrill to finally fight someone worthy.

Also rename yourself hircine.

But, I crave the fellowship of Sovngarde.

Xar Zarath
2013-07-21, 11:50 PM
I had a similar idea. But more along the lines of "The Most Dangerous Game".

Fill it with savage jungle, the worst critters you can pull from the multiverse, even Australia... then use it as an execution/hunting ground for "interesting" humanoid subjects you run across.

... after all, what else would do you with all those 10th level wizards/clerics/psions/etc who might someday challenge your power, OTHER than toy with them and hunt them down before they ascend to enough power to resist you?

... then you have a sequel campaign ready to go.

Kinda like the Hunger Games but only the entire planet is dangerous. Heck if your high level enough, polymorph/shapechange into a creature and start hunting them. I nominate fighters cos' they cant magick their way out:smallamused:

Grod_The_Giant
2013-07-22, 12:03 AM
Build a whole set of alternate earths. We'll put Eberron over here, Faerun over here, the DC universe over here...