PDA

View Full Version : wizard's weapon

Darth Stabber
2013-07-22, 01:12 AM
So I need a dagger for a wizard, along the lines of transmutation domain wizard5/ warweaver5/ iot7fv7/ archmage3, mostly a batman/buffer style wizard.

Assuming that a full +10 equivelent weapon, what enchantments do I really want? I realize most wizards don't much care for weapon wielding, but assume you were given a dagger and weren't allowed to sell it. Spellstoring and whatever the +5 initiative ench is all that leaps immediately to mind, which is only +3 (including the minimum +1 enhancement).

Mithril Leaf
2013-07-22, 01:29 AM
+1 morphing sizing parrying lucky initiative eager shuriken. Or something along those lines. Read JaronK's excellent guide to enchanting shurikens (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=10419.0) over on minmax. It's great for any caster back row type characters.

Andion Isurand
2013-07-22, 01:33 AM
Smoking is another good weapon enhancement, as it provides you with 20% concealment. Rather powerful for just a +1 weapon enhancement, so I would remove the harmful effects of the vapors on enemies.

CRtwenty
2013-07-22, 01:34 AM
Is it possible to deliver touch spells with a Dancing Weapon? If so I'd suggest that.

faircoin
2013-07-22, 01:39 AM
+1 morphing sizing parrying lucky initiative eager shuriken. Or something along those lines. Read JaronK's excellent guide to enchanting shurikens (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=10419.0) over on minmax. It's great for any caster back row type characters.

This level of cheese... I can smell it from across my keyboard.

Darth Stabber
2013-07-22, 01:42 AM
This level of cheese... I can smell it from across my keyboard.

I can confirm it's cheese, but's the delicious kind, like pepper jack.

Andion Isurand
2013-07-22, 01:44 AM
The Assassination ability might be fun as long as you are planning to deliver touch spells and stored spells with the dagger.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20070314a

Would work well with other spells like Toxic Weapon (PH2) that apply poison to the blade for you.

Vaz
2013-07-22, 05:35 AM
+1 Morphing, Sizing, Skillful (unless you are planning on using Divine Power from your Miracle SLA's from Archmage (Arcane Disciple: Luck) and use Heroics to get Proficiency), Smoking, Warning, Eager

+7 Init, change shape and size to any kind of weapon (I use it to so that my Wu Jen can transform into a Colossal Tripper with 150ft reach on a Spiked Chain when it's not a staff), 20% Miss Change, 3/4 BAB.

Keld Denar
2013-07-22, 11:53 AM
Don't discount the potential of actually using the dagger. Mirror Image can really give you a bad day when you are trying to Orb someone in the face. Whirling Blade is a solid counter to MI and GMI and applies the enhancements of the dagger focus at range. it explicitly hits all legal targets, even if there are multiple instances of that foe in each square. Tacking on a point of Con damage or applying the Illusion Theft property is pretty nice. As long as you are getting the weapon, you might as well use it.

WB is only 2nd level so it works well with a Circlet of Rapid Casting or a Least Metamagic Rod of Quicken. Not too shabby.