PDA

View Full Version : Bear-zilla.

Reaped Psyche
2013-07-22, 04:34 AM
I'm playing in a rather permissive DM. He loves it when we do things that are fantastic or just too awesome to be denied. But I don't like taking too much advantage of his good will.

My character is a druid/barbarian/Bear warrior. When he wildshapes into a Dire Bear he gets to "large". I'm looking to be Bear-zilla for our next fight though. I'm pretty sure I can cast enlarge animal on myself and get to "huge", but is there anyway for me to get him to Gargantuan or even Colossal?

My question in simple terms here is how would one increase their size multiple steps in one combat. Is there any way that works within the rules?

sleepyphoenixx
2013-07-22, 04:40 AM
Expansion can be augmented to allow 2 size increases but you need ML 7.

eggynack
2013-07-22, 04:45 AM
Animal growth, which I believe is the spell you're referring to, doesn't work on the wild shaped druid. It might work with the bear warrior's ability, though I'm not sure why you're using both classes. You don't lost much by just going barbarian/bear warrior, or better yet, druid 20. Alternatively, you could go druid (or wild shape ranger) 5/master of many forms 10/x 5. That class picks up gargantuan forms at level 15, and picking up a size boost on top of that would get you to colossal. It's not as good as straight druid, because nearly nothing is as good as straight druid, but if your goal is just to optimize wild shape, you can't do much better.

Vaz
2013-07-22, 05:20 AM
Wu Jen Arcane Heirophant with a Staff containing charges of "Giant Size".

Reaped Psyche
2013-07-23, 12:41 AM
I made this character through a series of story arcs, so his classes have kind of evolved due to necessity instead of Min/Maxing efficiency. But his strength bonuses are amazing (to me) and I tend to play him like "The Hulk". He goes Dire Bear, rages, and jumps around destroying everything in his path and grappling/mauling anything he can find.

There was a "puny god" kind of moment last game where he ended up pinning and solo killing a monster the DM made to be dealt with by the whole group. So the DM then introduced 4-6 more of them. >_<

I'm planning to see his raise if you will. Hence the research into trying to become a Pacific Rim character. :tongue:

Tvtyrant
2013-07-23, 12:57 AM
Wu-Jen gets a spell Giant Size? that allows them to grow up to colossal. If you get that and combine it with Polymorph you can become a colossal bear. It also comes with a massive strength boost which would stack with polymorph/wildshape as they do not increase your strength but set its base. So max UMD and use it as a scroll/staff, or play a Wu-Jen and get Polymorph/etc.

Alternatively you could play a shenananananananigans Chameleon and heighten spells up to 7th level slots to get it and Draconic Polymorph and persist them using turn undead attempts on an Illumian for maximum bear power.

Darrin
2013-07-23, 06:51 AM
Animal growth, which I believe is the spell you're referring to, doesn't work on the wild shaped druid.

There's a work-around for this. Cast aspect of the wolf (Spell Compendium) first. This changes your type to animal for 10 min/CL. Now wildshape into a bear, and cast animal growth on yourself.

Reaped Psyche
2013-07-26, 12:49 AM
Thanks to everyone. I'll let you guys know how the game on Sunday goes. I would also like to thank Darrin for his kick ass Druid-zilla spell list. :smallbiggrin:

Vaz
2013-07-26, 07:23 AM
Wu-Jen gets a spell Giant Size? that allows them to grow up to colossal. If you get that and combine it with Polymorph you can become a colossal bear. It also comes with a massive strength boost which would stack with polymorph/wildshape as they do not increase your strength but set its base. So max UMD and use it as a scroll/staff, or play a Wu-Jen and get Polymorph/etc.

Alternatively you could play a shenananananananigans Chameleon and heighten spells up to 7th level slots to get it and Draconic Polymorph and persist them using turn undead attempts on an Illumian for maximum bear power.

Wu Jen/Druid/Arcane Heirophant/Planar Shepherd if you feel like keeping Dire Polar Bear Wild Shape. Giant Size followed by Body Outside Body. Sorted. You now have 5 Colossal Dire Polar Bears.