PDA

View Full Version : Comments on The Town--The Comic (OOC)

Wukei
2006-12-11, 01:40 PM
I'd like to hear from everyone about what they think of the comic.

Do you like it coloured (because the best I can do is coloured pencils)?
Do you prefer it black and white?

Any suggestions on how to improve it? (My drawing style can be improved, but only slowly...so don't give me a whole paragraph on someone's nose, please..)

And just the usual "I liked this one because" are allowed, too ^.~ I like approval. I thrive on approval.

Exachix
2006-12-11, 01:45 PM
It's not posted quickly enough! :D

Other than that it's damn cool. I liked the guest ones quite a bit. And the Order of the Town ones.

But they are all good! All good!

Renrik
2006-12-11, 01:46 PM
I'm not sure. Granted, it covers some cherished memories and tells the basic story of the town's founding, but large parts of the town's history are missing. There's no coverage on the first guild war. That's be cool, seeing the portrayals of the Legion, the House of Narf, the Gufis, the Troupe, and the None-existant Mob. the fledgling government trying to form up, built around Indurain's imperialism. The Emporer losing his governing powers and the council being formed even as the Legion and the Narfians fight it out, the Mob tries to turn a profit, the Gufis try to keep the peace, and the Troupe just goes aound stabbing everything. That's have some comedic opportunity.

Kyrian
2006-12-11, 01:48 PM
Dear gods Renrik, we've only just started, haven't even gotten to all of those yet. Give us some time.

Renrik
2006-12-11, 01:50 PM
Very well. As for the ones I've seen so ar, they are good.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-12-11, 02:33 PM
I'm a fan of the black and white style. I don't know why, but it seems to work better.
I'm looking forward to another fight scene or two. I'd like to see one of Lykan vs one of his planar doubles if that's possible. I really enjoyed the Mortia vs Lykan duel.

Thanks for the kind words, Exachix. Ceika and I are working on a few comics to wrap up our plot that Wu can use when the poor lass needs a break.

Graklok
2006-12-11, 04:08 PM
Love it - specially the one were it's metioned that I wear lingerie - priceless. I even thought of having an avatar made up with Graklok in lingerie.

I especially enjoy Wukei's art of the individual characters in the extra stuff. I wish there was more of those.

Oh, and for those reading this forum who are wondering what the comic is....here! (http://town-comic.com/index.html)

Cathrindir
2006-12-11, 04:20 PM
All of 'em are good so far. I prefer colored to black and white, for no real reason other than the fact that I like color. I don't have any real suggestions for the comic, besides maybe Hawkeye could make the lettering a little bigger.

Hawkeye
2006-12-11, 07:51 PM
All of 'em are good so far. I prefer colored to black and white, for no real reason other than the fact that I like color. I don't have any real suggestions for the comic, besides maybe Hawkeye could make the lettering a little bigger.

Yeah, the lettering is something I'm having a little trouble with. I need to find a font and size that is more readable and allows me to make some of my more wordy panels fit in.

Wukei
2006-12-15, 10:40 AM
*pokes it back to life as another comic comes around*

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-12-16, 02:21 AM
Love it - specially the one were it's metioned that I wear lingerie - priceless. I even thought of having an avatar made up with Graklok in lingerie.

Not sure if I'm honored that'd you'd think of doing that, or relieved that you didn't. :smile:

Glad you liked it. We have a few more in reserve now.

Wu, I enjoyed the Christmas special. I also like the idea of her shooting at Charity who is our resident Bugbear in the Playground. I know that's not the intended idea, but he's probably got it coming.

Kenyon
2006-12-16, 02:24 AM
The comic today was enjoyable. I can actually see a reenactment with those characters happening. Can't wait to see the plotline get going again, though. It'll be interesting to see the start of the Town.

Death, your friend the Reaper
2006-12-16, 06:08 AM
I loved the introduction to Trog's tavern, that was amazing, the colour made it look great. If I actually had money I would donate some, but my job pays little in the way of mortal money (( roughly translates as: youth who works on a farm for free)). The Christmas special was brilliant though, you hire such dashing people to end the arc. :smallwink:

The only thing is that you should make sure Charity doesn't get hold of it, he may start a campaign for cruelty to halflings.

Hoseki
2006-12-16, 08:13 AM
The main problem I've noticed is a lack of backgrounds. It was paticularly prominent in the colored comic, because the colored characters were just sort of standing there in the white space without a sense of continuity from one panel to the next.

But overall, it's quite good.

Wukei
2006-12-17, 01:24 PM
Yea, I dislike drawing backgrounds...and honestly...I'm not that good at it. It took 5 hours to do backgrounds for the House of Sneak. I'd like to do backgrounds, and I'm practicing...but until I get the knack for them, it's sorta a style of itself to have no background at all.

Wukei
2006-12-22, 05:06 AM
Anyone who can name all three of Santa's elves in today's comic gets a Wukei Cookie.

Lykan
2006-12-22, 06:07 AM
Gwen, Darius... Dangit... Umm... Blackfox? I have honestly no idea who the last person would be...

On a differenet note... Cute baby llama!

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-12-22, 07:27 AM
On a differenet note... Cute baby llama!

*flies around* He thinks I'm Cuuuuuuuuuuute!

Lykan
2006-12-22, 07:41 AM
*flies around* He thinks I'm Cuuuuuuuuuuute!

... If this conversation didn't stem from a comic involving Rudolph, I'd be very confused right now.

Wukei
2006-12-22, 11:17 AM
Lykan gets a Wukei Cookie. Congratulations.

Very nice catch on the show there, Llama.

I thought he was cute, too ^.~

2006-12-22, 11:20 AM
I thought he was cute, too ^.~

:smallwink:Then he grew up.

Wukei
2006-12-22, 11:41 AM
Now you know that's not what I meant....where'd you get the awesome new 'tar?

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-12-22, 11:44 AM
:smallwink:Then [the llama] grew up.

Please tell me the next comic is a colored one of me painting Death's cloak pink!

Wukei
2006-12-22, 11:47 AM
Heh heh...well, seeing as you're the only one that donates....

No! no...must not be swayed by paying customers... (wait...that just sounds stupid...)

Lykan
2006-12-22, 12:49 PM
Heh...

*needs to find a way that he can become a paying customer, being that he's already promised $50*

Cookie! Yay!

*pounces on cookie, eats cookie*

Wukei
2006-12-22, 06:44 PM
Fan Art section has been added. Finally...

2006-12-22, 07:08 PM
Now you know that's not what I meant....where'd you get the awesome new 'tar?

Indeed, I did know what you meant, and bad llama, that's a bad idea. Got the basic idea from here (http://www.catenamanor.com/comics/05/20050801.html), and then since plagiarism is not my style, I just kept referring to it to create one from scratch. Inkscape crashed twice though, so that turned me off ever making an avatar again.

Wukei
2006-12-22, 07:17 PM
Aww...and here I wanted to request one...it's super awesome.

CabbageTheif
2006-12-22, 07:36 PM
i havent been keeping up on the comics, and only just now read them. firstly, a gift from the kender pouch for anyone that gets this refrence
'i am the ghost of a christmas present'
"dont you mean the ghost of christmas present?"
NO! ghost of AAAAAAAA christmas present!

secondly, as an artist myself i can understand why it would be hard to follow the plot of the town. you just do what insporation... draws you to.

Wukei
2006-12-22, 07:38 PM
*raises hand* that home for imaginary friends thing

CabbageTheif
2006-12-22, 07:45 PM
wow, that was fast. here, you get a free visit from the ghost of your old buisness partner, bob marley, mon!
actually i seem top have misplaced that. but here, instead i will give you this rare artifact. you know the onyx dog, the ebony mule, ect? well,, there is an even rarer item that i give unto you...
the rubber chicken!

Wukei
2006-12-22, 07:46 PM
Heh...I actually don't even watch the show, really...I just happened to catch the Christmas special.

*starts thwacking people with the rubber chicken*

Lykan
2006-12-22, 08:20 PM
*is hit by the chicken*

Gah!

You realize, this means war.

*pulls out fish, smacks back*

To stay on topic, can we have OotS style art for the fanart page?

Wukei
2006-12-22, 08:24 PM
Yea, I don't see why not.

Daedrous Avari
2006-12-24, 09:45 AM
I'm no artist, but it seems like some angles are too narrow. You might want to work on that. Also, try making some backgrounds. If it doesn't work for you, keep doing it the way you're doing it.

Mhina
2006-12-24, 01:14 PM
Yea, I dislike drawing backgrounds...and honestly...I'm not that good at it. It took 5 hours to do backgrounds for the House of Sneak. I'd like to do backgrounds, and I'm practicing...but until I get the knack for them, it's sorta a style of itself to have no background at all.

As stated before...

(And wow...you actually have to say something other than a quote...evil new boards...)

Bookman
2006-12-24, 03:40 PM
Hehe the current Christmas comic reminds me of the parody I made for Llama........dunno if I have it any more.....Llama did you save it?

Wukei
2006-12-27, 12:24 PM
Apparently...no one was impressed *tosses the idea of drawing for 3 days out the window from now on*

Lykan
2006-12-27, 12:30 PM
Hey, I liked it... I just forgot about this thread... :P

Daedrous Avari
2006-12-27, 03:01 PM
Taken From the Town Comic
http://www.town-comic.com/comics/christmas20063.PNG

That is ultimate. Hmmm... Speech bubbles are pixilated, but that's just probably paint or whatever you use.

Exachix
2006-12-27, 03:16 PM
Apparently...no one was impressed *tosses the idea of drawing for 3 days out the window from now on*

Hey! I loved it! Now I'm going to be disappointed...

Wukei
2006-12-28, 12:01 PM
Thanks...since we haven't had anyone interested in the contest, I'll probably be doing the new years one, too...if my head'll stop burning.

Which means I get to pick characters that weren't in the Christmas picture.

I thought of something: I may not be able to do a Mon, Wed, Fri schedule for comics for a while, but what would you guys think about a Mon/Fri comic with picture Wednesdays?

Kyrian
2006-12-28, 03:28 PM
yay! I love pictures. Oh, and Wu, I just recently saw the newest comic...and YAY!!!!!

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-12-28, 04:46 PM
I think the new schedule sounds good, Wu. We don't want ya getting burned out. The Christmas picture is amazing, too.

*hugs for the pirate lass.*
hey....did you dye your hair?

Wukei
2006-12-28, 07:58 PM
The red hair has to do with the current storyline my character is on. She is now a Divine Agent of Loki, and Divine Agents (pg 24 Manual of the Planes) get some physical traits that their god/dess wants them to have. Loki's was red hair, red eyes, and pointed ears. Though sometimes her eyes return to the green/purple.

2006-12-28, 08:11 PM
hey....did you dye your hair?

No, of course she didn't, it's the new tie.

Wukei
2006-12-28, 09:09 PM
BTW, thanks for the birthday gift, Death. I shall be sharing it tomorrow with the comic.

CabbageTheif
2006-12-29, 12:09 AM
wukie, do you truly need your ego boosted that much? as a fellow artist, i know the answer is yes, always yes. so, as a fellow artist, i have to say: i havent seen it yet. the post here witht he picture of everyone was wonderful. i shall read the new comic posthaste. oh, and the contest? sorry i didnt tell you before,, but i am away from my scanner currently. i would have no ability to post. but if you need help that much, we can pm each other. i can help you pick up the slack if you need me to. you've seen my work.

Wukei
2006-12-29, 12:11 AM
Yes, I need an ego boost when it took me 3 days to do it...one to sketch it, one to ink, and one to colour.

Sometimes we just need a little boost.

But it's okay, I can't really get help on the comics, since the big issue is drawing them. Finding a sketch to do takes about ten minutes.

Indurain
2006-12-29, 12:12 AM
Hey Wu...I loved the comic. I must say (sadly) it took me a couple minutes to realise who my date was, since red hair is becoming a common trait in the town, but once I figured it out...I was smiling!! Great work!

Wukei
2006-12-29, 12:13 AM
I thought it made it a bit more obvious since Libris is the guardian of the archives page...

AmberVael
2006-12-29, 12:31 AM
Ok, maybe I'm just being dense here, but who on earth is the black/blue haired guy sitting in front of Fenric?
And the woman with orange hair?

I love the art, its just bugging the crap out of me that I can't recognize people. ;)

Wukei
2006-12-29, 12:33 AM
Lykan in his human form and Ceika.

Check out the comic where he got thrown back by Mortia...he becomes human...looks just the same.

AmberVael
2006-12-29, 12:35 AM
Amazing. Can't believe I actually guessed right on those two, considering I only really think of Ceika in a pirate outfit, and have no idea avout Lykan's human form.

Again, good job on it.

Lykan
2006-12-29, 07:11 AM
I'm trying to remember from todays comic... Did that really happen? Looks familiar...

The_Librarian
2006-12-29, 07:25 AM
Loved the Christmas pic, Wukei :)

Wukei
2006-12-29, 12:32 PM
Everything I do (besides the Christmas comics) Are actual events. I have changed two lines this whole time.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-12-30, 12:34 AM
Rock on, Amiria!

oooh, for my birthday I received "Rocky Horror Picture Show" on DVD. What effect this will have on guest comics remains to be seen.

Graklok
2007-01-02, 01:26 AM
^ Feel free to throw Graklok in drag....

So, I'm no artist, and I mean NOOO artist, but I've had some ideas for some random comical banter I can send should anyone want to try drawing it. These are ideas of things that (I'm not 100% positive about this) never happened in town, but would be good fill in comics for spots.

Let me know, I'll pm what I'm thinking to you.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-01-02, 06:27 PM
I'll give it a shot, Graklok. But don't expect much more than avatars doing stuff.

Nice job on the 12 days, Hawkeye. Really liked the 11 llamas and 5 Norse gods. Great job on the group pic too.

Hoseki
2007-01-02, 06:33 PM
My favorite panel happens to be the six Town bigcats...

I'd also be willing to give your comic concept a shot, Graklagoof.

Hawkeye
2007-01-02, 06:34 PM
Thanks Llama and Hoseki, the entire thing took a hell of a lot of work but I loved the end result. Expect a new OOTT when I get my brain in gear to think of new, hopefully cool, things to do with Wukei's comics.

Graklok
2007-01-03, 11:40 AM
Sent you guys (Hoseki, Atreyu) some thoughts via PM. Let me know if you like and want more.

Wukei
2007-01-08, 03:15 PM
Do you ever feel like your being lazy, even when you've done all you can?

Exachix
2007-01-08, 03:20 PM
Yes. No. yes. No. Why?

Wukei
2007-01-08, 03:22 PM
Well, I did the comic, but it was only one panel..so I feel lazy for having done it that way...

McBish
2007-01-08, 03:24 PM
I really liked it. Not sure why but this is one of my favorites.

Exachix
2007-01-08, 03:27 PM
Quality not Quantity. And this is so much Quality that Quantity doesn't matter.

The Comic is fun. So long as you enjoy it...

Deadly
2007-01-08, 03:27 PM
It is still great fun. One of my favourites, too :)

Wukei
2007-01-08, 03:33 PM
Yea...it's one of my favourites as well, honestly. El J has always made himself easy to draw. He was my favourite out of my original drawings of Town characters.

Supagoof
2007-01-08, 05:03 PM
Love it Wukei! One panel or 17, doesn't matter. Quality is always good over quantity.

I just about pee'd my pants with the Ares/Supagoof one.

Kyrian
2007-01-08, 05:39 PM
Love it Wukei! One panel or 17, doesn't matter. Quality is always good over quantity.

I just about pee'd my pants with the Ares/Supagoof one.

Oh, right.

Xerillum
2007-01-08, 10:18 PM
How about something on the second guild war?

Wukei
2007-01-08, 10:20 PM
How many times are you going to say that? I'm going in order here, it hasn't happened.

Kyrian
2007-01-08, 10:23 PM
How many times are you going to say that? I'm going in order here, it hasn't happened.

I think he's just going to keep bugging you until he sees it. Wu, I'll start to draw this one up for you. And by draw it up, I mean actually draw. I know I'm a horrible artist, but we can put it up for like a day, show it to him, then ask him to leave you alone about it?

Just my two cents.

Supagoof
2007-01-09, 09:02 AM
Don't be to harsh, I think that the "order" may be confusing with the guest comics that appear. Heaven knows that we all want to see our characters involved in this wonderful creation you two have put together. :smallsmile:

To Xerrilum, be patient. Pester them too much and they may just never put anything about the guild wars in at all. :smallredface:

Kyrian
2007-01-09, 10:15 AM
I've been trying to write up a script for Wukei, since I'd like to be more of a writer and help her out, but being on academic probation means I need to learn to put all you new friends of mine second.

Yes, I know, it's sad.

Wukei
2007-01-09, 10:17 AM
meh...not like I've gotten any help before

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-01-09, 04:52 PM
*pouts*

i help. I think.

Wukei
2007-01-09, 05:38 PM
I meant help on the scripts from Kyrian, Llama.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-02-08, 01:37 PM
Wu! Nice Temple drawing. Was that Tiamat's??

P.S. she's got a new contest up. Color the SNEAK!!!

Wukei
2007-02-15, 10:34 PM
Sorry for not posting...been having problems with the net, my computer, and moving my sister.

Someone told me Bahamutte also had seven heads...so now I'm all confused. It was SUPPOSED to be Bahamutte...

Also, please read the contest thread, guys...I need opinions.

NecroPaladin
2007-02-16, 07:56 PM
It would be damn hard, but you could try to get a different person for as many issues as possible, with a constantly fluctuating design. Granted, though, it's very stylistic and might not look as cool on the page as in my head. Either way, I'd be up for it.

Wukei
2007-02-17, 12:32 PM
I'm sorry...but what the heck are you talking about?

Lykan
2007-02-17, 12:56 PM
Hah! This is where this damn thread is...

Comics been awesome.

... That's it. :tongue:

Deadly
2007-02-17, 01:03 PM
Hah! This is where this damn thread is...

Comics been awesome.

... That's it. :tongue:

Added it to the Directory under "OOC Threads". Thought I had added it earlier, but seems I hadn't :smallfrown:

NecroPaladin
2007-02-18, 12:14 AM
I'm sorry...but what the heck are you talking about?

Guest artists.

Wukei
2007-02-18, 12:17 AM
I just don't understand why you suggest we need them...

NecroPaladin
2007-02-18, 12:20 AM
Not NEED. I'm saying it would be entertaining and/or fun and/or beneficial to the site and I'd get a bigger variety speaking as a viewer. The comic is plenty good as is (Did I come off as disliking it? If so, sorry), and that's just the first thing I'd suggest to make it more fun considering you've covered the basics.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-04-30, 02:42 PM
You may remember that Ceika and I worked on a guest comic for Wukei whenever she didn't have one ready. Well, sadly, I haven't seen Wu since February, but Ceika and I (mostly Ceika on the later ones) finished the storyline we were working on. For all those interested, it can be found on her photobucket profile. This is the cover page (http://s74.photobucket.com/albums/i278/wolfshonor/comics/?action=view&current=WukeiGuestComic00.gif)its easiest to read if you click on the cover page link and hit the "Next" button to see it in comic book form.

Hope you have as much fun reading as we did writing it.

*massive wooly hugs for Ceika for all her hard work.*

Raistlin1040
2007-04-30, 07:44 PM
I think it's ok, but with the insane amount of stuff that happens here, not everything that deserves mention will get in. Gent and Ekrath's "Rescue" of Catherine would be great for 3-4 strips. So would El J and Alarra's wedding. And all the cool things that happen at Trog's.

Hawkeye
2007-04-30, 08:54 PM
The idea of the comic was to draw what went on in town from the very start, the first arena battle, then the holy house of Sneak, then the milk bar etc. For me, this isn't going to change. However if I see a couple of posts or a situation that sticks out I'll draw it. E.g. the Llama in the Toss and Roll.

If you feel something should be in let me know (preferably with a script) and if it takes my fancy I might draw it.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-30, 09:06 PM
Well, I'd suggest the April Fool's bombing, but not only is it extensive in length, it also involves A LOT of characters. So that might be a little tough to do in a short time-frame.