PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Recruiting: Unusually worded abilities

Phelix-Mu
2013-07-22, 04:18 PM
Hello all,

I am starting a small, part-time project. With some help, maybe we can speed it up and make it a useful resource.

The Basic Idea:
Sometimes WotC had standardized language for a given effect. But, occasionally, there was some feat/spell/class feature/etc that gave a similar effect, but with a non-standard wording. As any veteran of the game knows, just because two abilities sound similar, doesn't mean you can't exploit the non-standard one in interesting and unusual ways that wouldn't be possible had a slightly more rigorous and consistent wording been used.

The main idea here is to list interesting rules quirks that might be used for niche or unusual builds (maybe optimized, maybe just quirky), not entirely unlike the rules dysfunction thread (but less emphasis on broken, more emphasis on unusual exploits or combinations). As such, feats and class features are probably going to be more useful, since building a character around a single spell or the like is less plausible. Still, if there is such a spell, please feel free to let me know. Include potential builds if you feel inspired.

I will organize our brainstorming if we come up with anything worth looking at.:smallsmile: