PDA

View Full Version : Creating Hex Maps?

Baron Of Hell
2013-07-22, 07:26 PM
Is there a is way to create hex maps? I'm kind of interested in doing kingdom building game, but have no experience in map making.

Grinner
2013-07-22, 07:28 PM
I think I did the map with GIMP, using a plugin called "HexMapper" or something like that. If you have GIMP, just search for "GIMP hex map plugin" and you should find it.whitespace

Baron Of Hell
2013-07-22, 07:56 PM
Thanks, I do use gimp. I'm all set now.

shadow_archmagi
2013-07-22, 08:00 PM
Thanks, I do use gimp. I'm all set now.

this may be helpful (http://batintheattic.blogspot.fi/2009/08/how-to-make-fantasy-sandbox.html)

Also, may I ask what system you're planning to use to build kingdoms? I recently picked up ACKS, because it was the first RPG I'd ever seen that supported such things, (and I'd recommend it if you're lacking a system), but if you've already got one I'd be delighted to know what it is; I simply cannot have enough kingdom building systems.

Baron Of Hell
2013-07-22, 10:11 PM
I'll be doing pathfinder kingdom building rules as stated in the ultimate campaign pathfinder book. So far every game I have started using pathfinder has fell apart before the game really started because the DM decided to vanish. So now I think I'm going to try my hand at it but this time as DM.

Baron Of Hell
2013-07-22, 10:12 PM
thanks for the link also.