PDA

View Full Version : Throw Anything Character

questionmark693
2013-07-23, 01:16 AM
I'm looking to create a level ten character who's concept is basically quick draw plus throw anything. So far what I'm looking at is a warblade gone bloodstorm blade. Does anybody have any suggestions or comments on why my class choices might be less than desirable for this concept?

Gargravarr
2013-07-23, 01:34 AM
Bloodstorm Blade is cool for maneuver damage, since your attacks are treated as melee attacks. However, the class is generally not that strong beyond that point.

I feel the Hulking Hurler might fit better, it's only 3 levels but you get ranged power attack plus some other trick. Warblade as base sounds alright, Crusader could work too I guess :)

Be sure to be BIG.

questionmark693
2013-07-23, 01:51 AM
What are good races for hulking hurler? My DM is lenient with LA, so that can be worked with.

Venger
2013-07-23, 01:56 AM
What are good races for hulking hurler? My DM is lenient with LA, so that can be worked with.

the most expedient way to get large size is half-ogre from races of destiny. he's LA 2, gets you a bodacious strength enhancement and nabs the giant type

goliath barbarian with mountain rage can work, but you'll only be large when raging. if your dm's the type to say "you have to meet all prereqs all the time" then this won't work, but if he's more reasonable, then it should work okay. goliaths are la 1 because they're monstrous humanoids

war hulk is a perennial favorite to pair with hulking hurler. can't go wrong with +20 to str over 10 lvls

Zanos
2013-07-23, 01:57 AM

You could be a half-minotaur for +1 LA, but expect to have books thrown at you.

questionmark693
2013-07-23, 02:13 AM
I appreciate the suggestions guys, thanks a lot :) where is half-Minotaur at?

Venger
2013-07-23, 02:36 AM
I appreciate the suggestions guys, thanks a lot :) where is half-Minotaur at?

dragon magazine #313. I didn't suggest it since it is somewhat... contentious, as zanos said. large size and a ridiculous str boost (with other goodies) all for la 1

questionmark693
2013-07-23, 02:46 AM
Gotcha. Unfortunately, dragon magazines are just about the only thing that got banned :/

Talionis
2013-07-23, 09:17 AM
Just throw in there that Master Thrower has the thrown weapon tricks. Some of those may be useful. Even a one level dip may help a lot and help you by granting the Quick Draw feat for free. Its in Complete Warrior.

I would look at the tricks and see if any appeal to you.