PDA

View Full Version : permanency spell

drakoonity
2013-07-23, 02:34 AM
Ok so I have a question for you all out there. So I was looking at the permanency spell a bit and I was wondering, lets say I used it on tongues. Would I basically have tongues permanent like a constant effect I don't have to recast and repermanent everytime?

Douglas
2013-07-23, 02:39 AM
Er, yes. That is kind of the entire point of the Permanency spell.

Devronq
2013-07-23, 03:04 AM
Ok so I have a question for you all out there. So I was looking at the permanency spell a bit and I was wondering, lets say I used it on tongues. Would I basically have tongues permanent like a constant effect I don't have to recast and repermanent everytime?

Yes but out of curiosity as opposed to what?

Curmudgeon
2013-07-23, 03:07 AM
You'll still be subject to dispel effects. Permanency only lasts until it's dispelled.

Douglas
2013-07-23, 03:21 AM
You'll still be subject to dispel effects. Permanency only lasts until it's dispelled.
In the case of Tongues (and the half a dozen other spells in the same table), this only applies if the dispeller is higher level than you.

Curmudgeon
2013-07-23, 03:42 AM
In the case of Tongues (and the half a dozen other spells in the same table), this only applies if the dispeller is higher level than you.
Not quite the way I'd put it.
This application of permanency can be dispelled only by a caster of higher level than you were when you cast the spell.
level

A measure of advancement or power applied to several areas of the game. See caster level, character level, class level, and spell level. Because they used the qualifier "caster" with "level", Permanency can be dispelled if their caster level is higher, and there are many CL boosters in the game. An enemy Cleric can use an Orange Ioun Stone, a Bead of Karma, and an Ankh of Ascension to knock down your Permanency when they're 8 class/character levels lower than you were at the time you cast the spell.