PDA

View Full Version : Fat-themed monsters

squarecircle
2013-07-23, 05:20 AM
I'm just getting into Community at the moment and I saw the Dungeons and Dragons episode.

I want to re-create Pierce's polymorph spell. For those who haven't seen it - it's a jerk move and I want to pull it on my GM. He polymorphs one of the players into "faaaaaaat".

Tell me guys, is there any fat/gluttony based monsters that you can think of?

Waker
2013-07-23, 05:24 AM
Only thing coming to mind is an undead called Famine Spirit I believe. Big fat ghoul that can consume an entire Heroes Feast by itself.

Pilo
2013-07-23, 05:26 AM
There is a group of demons from Fiend folio (I think) maybe that may fits. They are all fat guys.

There is also a deformity feat which make you obese in Book of vile darkness.

DeusMortuusEst
2013-07-23, 06:20 AM
Use an Ooze and just refluff it. A Gelatinous Cube (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/ooze.htm) fits pretty good.

Jeff the Green
2013-07-23, 06:24 AM
Solamiths (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/iw/20070705b&page=2). I can't remember the book they're in, though.

Equilibria
2013-07-23, 08:13 AM
The Fatling from "Creature Collection".

PersonMan
2013-07-23, 08:31 AM
Solamiths (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/iw/20070705b&page=2). I can't remember the book they're in, though.

Fiendish Codex Demons. I don't remember if it's I or II.

EDIT: Nope, in Monster Manual V, page 29.

They rip off parts of their bellies and throw them at you. The parts then explode.

Just an FYI.

Lord Haart
2013-07-23, 08:32 AM
Trolls are mostly fat, unfortunately.

Crazysaneman
2013-07-23, 08:55 AM
If you are interested in undead fat at all, check out the Bloodhulks in MMIV. One of my personal favorites for that style of session.

Hecuba
2013-07-23, 09:04 AM
Not sure what monster to use, but the need to worship Laogzed.

Laogzed Hungers!

Tanuki Tales
2013-07-23, 09:27 AM
Only thing coming to mind is an undead called Famine Spirit I believe. Big fat ghoul that can consume an entire Heroes Feast by itself.

And has a Vorpal Bite.

I've always wanted to use one of those guys.

Slipperychicken
2013-07-23, 10:12 AM
Flesh Golems?

I think there was some kind of pizza elemental in Dragon Magazine.

Zubrowka74
2013-07-23, 11:34 AM
Makes me think about a character from the kid's toon The Bite-size asventures of Sam Sandwich".

There's some kind of robot made from a deep fryer. His name is Fryborg or something. You could make a golem or construct out of it.

Venger
2013-07-23, 03:01 PM
There is a group of demons from Fiend folio (I think) maybe that may fits. They are all fat guys.

There is also a deformity feat which make you obese in Book of vile darkness.

those aren't (precisely) demons. they're a group of NE outsiders called "demodands" that serve as prison guards in carceri

yep. willing deformity (obese)

bloodbag imps (also fiend folio) are a li'l chunky too

Rover
2013-07-23, 05:46 PM
Does a flesh jelly count?

MMII

EDIT:
p. 104
"A nauseating mound of stinking flesh."

Darth Stabber
2013-07-23, 07:09 PM
Nupperibo are fat little demoted devils

Paeliryon are powerful fat manipulators

Gildedragon
2013-07-23, 09:54 PM
Lantern archons are pretty damn round

Bestow curse to give a flaw sans feat: obese

StreamOfTheSky
2013-07-23, 10:05 PM
It's not a D&D rules source, but an old hilarious sci-fi show called Special Unit 2 had one of its monsters of the week some sort of lard monster that can liquefy to travel through plumbing. It was created from the improperly disposed of medical waste from liposuction patients and had an insatiable hunger for human fat and hyper metabolism, going around raiding waste facilities and sucking the fat right from (up till then) living people.

I thought it was a pretty interesting idea.

Manly Man
2013-07-23, 10:56 PM
Mind flayers might count. After all, their diet consists almost entirely of fatty tissue. Also, Pathfinder has tallow golems. (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/constructs/golem/golem-tallow-tohc)

Darth Stabber
2013-07-23, 11:46 PM
It's not a D&D rules source, but an old hilarious sci-fi show called Special Unit 2 had one of its monsters of the week some sort of lard monster that can liquefy to travel through plumbing. It was created from the improperly disposed of medical waste from liposuction patients and had an insatiable hunger for human fat and hyper metabolism, going around raiding waste facilities and sucking the fat right from (up till then) living people.

I thought it was a pretty interesting idea.

Almost reminds me of the adipose from Dr who. These wieghtloss pills are actually adipose eggs that feed on the victims fat, and one of them escapes each night from each victim back to the company headquarters.

Mind flayers might count. After all, their diet consists almost entirely of fatty tissue. Also, Pathfinder has tallow golems. (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/constructs/golem/golem-tallow-tohc)

Yeah, but they tend not to eat that often. Remember kids, fatty foods are alright in moderation.

gurgleflep
2013-07-24, 01:05 AM
Yeah, but they tend not to eat that often. Remember kids, fatty foods are alright in moderation.

I thought they only required like, one brain a week but they'd eat as many as they could get at any given time :smallconfused: I don't recall where exactly I read that, but I could have sworn it was in one of the various WotC books.

Manly Man
2013-07-24, 02:49 AM
I thought they only required like, one brain a week but they'd eat as many as they could get at any given time :smallconfused: I don't recall where exactly I read that, but I could have sworn it was in one of the various WotC books.

They need to eat once a month, prefer to eat once a week, and if given the opportunity, will gorge themselves.

The tallow golem I linked is pretty much the best fat-themed monster I can think of. You're basically being punched out by a giant statue of lard, or perhaps bacon grease.

...Holy crap.

Bacon grease golem.

BACON-FREAKING-GREASE GOLEM.

*drool*

gurgleflep
2013-07-24, 03:51 AM
They need to eat once a month, prefer to eat once a week, and if given the opportunity, will gorge themselves.

The tallow golem I linked is pretty much the best fat-themed monster I can think of. You're basically being punched out by a giant statue of lard, or perhaps bacon grease.

...Holy crap.

Bacon grease golem.

BACON-FREAKING-GREASE GOLEM.

*drool*

Thank you for correcting me on that.

That would be the most perfect golem in the history of forever :smallbiggrin: Somebody, stat that out please! :smalleek:

TuggyNE
2013-07-24, 07:00 AM
I think there was some kind of pizza elemental in Dragon Magazine.

Did you mean the calzone golem? I think there's a web version of that somewheres.

Khatoblepas
2013-07-24, 07:41 AM
That would be the most perfect golem in the history of forever :smallbiggrin: Somebody, stat that out please! :smalleek:

GREASE GOLEM
Size/Type: Large Construct
Hit Dice: 11d10+30 (90 hp)
Initiative: -1
Speed: 20 ft. (4 squares)
Armor Class: 22 (-1 size, -1 Dex, +14 natural), touch 8, flat-footed 22
Base Attack/Grapple: +8/+19
Attack: Slam +14 melee (2d10+7 plus greasian fire)
Full Attack: 2 slams +14 melee (2d10+7 plus greasian fire)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./10 ft.
Special Attacks: greasian fire, sizzle, southern portions
Special Qualities: Construct traits, damage reduction 15/silverware and slashing, darkvision 60 ft., delicious body, greasy aura, immunity to magic, fast healing 5, immunity to fire
Saves: Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3
Abilities: Str 25, Dex 9, Con Ø, Int Ø, Wis 11, Cha 1
Skills: —
Feats:—
Environment: Any low rent kitchen.
Organization: Solitary or clog (2-4)
Challenge Rating: 10
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: 12-18 HD (Large); 19-33 HD (Huge)
Level Adjustment: —

This golem barely resembles a huge, voluminous humanoid, except made entirely out of translucent, shimmering grease and bacon strips. It generally does not wear any clothes, unless it's creator shops at Big and Tall.

A grease golem speaks only curt, muffled phrases, like a busy frycook. It walks and moves with a slow, clumsy gait, though sometimes it slides on it's own grease. It weighs about as much as you'd expect.

Mages often use grease golems as a cheap alternative to other golems, and while it lacks in lasting effect or intimidation, a grease golem can effectively serve as a bodyguard, soaking up damage that would otherwise kill it's master. The grease golem is the perfect tank, and also the perfect accompaniment to good old fashioned home baked biscuits.

Greasian Fire (Su): Any creature the Grease Golem hits with any of it's attacks must make a Reflex Save (DC 10+1/2HD+Str) or catch fire. The fire is supernaturally hot, and burns for 3d6 damage a round. A successful save negates the fire. If anyone attempts to put water on someone afflicted with the greasian fire, there is a large explosion, as a fireball of a caster of 10th level, centered on the afflicted. All within the radius of the fireball must save or also catch fire.

Sizzle (Su): As a free action, a Grease Golem can sizzle, sending motes of boiling oil everywhere. All creatures within 20ft of the Grease Golem must save or catch fire, as Greasian Fire. A Grease Golem can perform this action every 1d4 rounds.

Southern Portions (Su): A Grease Golem can heal any damage it takes from a bite attack as a free action. More bacon grease simply bubbles up from within.

Delicious Body (Su): A Grease Golem is made from delicious bacon, and is irresistable to anyone who tries to eat it. Any creature that makes a bite attack against a Grease Golem must make a Will Save (DC 10 + HD) or be compelled to bite again the next opportunity it gets. A creature who performs a bite attack against a Grease Golem a second time is slowed and fatigued (no save), and must make another Will Save at a -4 penalty or be compelled to bite again. A third bite causes the immobilised and exhausted status and the creature is forevermore compelled to keep biting. Creatures must be wary when fighting a grease golem - bacon is too delicious to resist. You do not need to push an animal to attack a grease golem. Curing a victim of this affliction requires a lesser restoration spell or similar magic. If a creature is completely compelled (that is, it failed all of it's will saves against this ability), only a Limited Wish or Heal spell will uncloud it's mind. Only the most powerful magic can break the spell bacon has over the pitiful creature.

Greasy Aura (Ex): At all times, a Grease Golem is surrounded by an aura similar to the incendiary slime spell. Any square of ground within 20ft of the grease golem is afflicted as the spell. If a grease golem's grease is set alight, the grease golem is also. It adds 1d6 fire damage to it's attacks and the save to resist it's Greasian Fire increases by 4.

Immunity to Magic (Ex): A grease golem is immune to any spell or spell-like ability that allows spell resistance. In addition, certain spells and effects function differently against the creature, as noted below.

A grease spell heals the grease golem for 3d12 hit points.

Any magical attack against a grease golem that deals fire damage automatically triggers it's Sizzle attack, and sets it on fire. (+1d6 fire damage on it's attacks, Save to resist Greasian Fire increases by 4)

Any magical attack against a grease golem that deals acid damage slows the grease golem (as the spell), and deals +50% extra damage.

Construction

A grease golem’s body must be sculpted from a single, overflowing greasetrap weighing at least 1,000 pounds, treated with rare bacon salts worth 15 gp. Creating the body requires a DC 15 Craft (sculpting) check and failing a DC 15 Craft (cooking) check.

CL 11th; Craft Construct, animate objects, commune, grease, caster must be at least 11th level; Price 20,000 gp; Cost 10,015 gp + 740 XP.

gurgleflep
2013-07-24, 10:31 AM
*The most absolutely perfect golem ever made!*

I want to hug you! :smallbiggrin: *begins planning a kitchen based quest*

Manly Man
2013-07-24, 12:46 PM
Got that post bookmark'd.