PDA

View Full Version : The Malia system IC

Jormengand
2013-07-23, 05:46 AM
Dawn rises on Reptis. It's business as usual for the inhabitants. A MIRAR ship storms past, but that's hardly surprising. People start to get up, and look over the city.

The air is calm. What happens next is for you to decide...

Pesimismrocks
2013-07-23, 06:43 AM
A loud alarm wakes Arakah from his slumber, and he groans and sits up. He drags himself out of bed to his small bathroom. He glanced at his reflection in the cracked mirror before using a small amount of stored water to wash his hands and face. He would not shower today. Water was too valuable to waste. He grimaced. For the people on the surface like this would be very lucky, despite the apartment' tiny size, the shortage of water and the uncomfortable living conditions. He donned his usual clothes including a long cloak and then stepped out of his door for the journey to his hospital near the service.

Batpope Scott
2013-07-23, 07:39 PM
Looking up at the sun streaming through the gaps in the soaring city towers, Therk stands from his brief rest in the alleyway. He'd already been up for an hour but he'd needed rest after chasing some cretin who'd tried to take his autogun while he was sleeping. He feels the ache of weary muscles and rolls his arm in it's socket to warm up. He mumbles to himself, "This never gets any easier...."

As he walks out of the alley he balances said autogun over his shoulder and starts to look around for trouble. There's always some kind of trouble in a hive world, he just has to find it and solve the problem. Hopefully it'll be a little more important than chasing a thief.
[roll0] Gather Information?

RandomLunatic
2013-07-23, 08:15 PM
The sounds of the hive coming to life roused Sativez. His current lair was within the duracrete carcass of an old building that had crumbled a long tiem ago, perhaps centuries. Sativez took a liking to it because the tumble of debris was a tight fit for him, making it impassable to a human. Cramped as it was, it was a great deal more comfortable than being shanked in his sleep for his worldly possessions.

Morning rush hour was always a good time for pickpocketing. Thousands of people moving every which way, focused only on getting to work on time. They tended to be light on cash, but even on the worst days he could clear enough for breakfast. His rumbling stomach said that could not come soon enough, so making sure his wardrobe was securely in place and covering his deformities, he headed off into the crowd, looking for marks...

JackPhoenix
2013-07-24, 04:39 AM
Maximian is awakened by beeping of vox. He gets up from bed and take call. Before he can ask who is it and what's happening, voice from other side explains there's major breakdown in one of water treatment plants and all technicians are called to help with repairs. "Great, I hate double shifts" he says to himself when he remembers he should have afternoon shift today, then he go to bathroom to civilise himself a bit, puts on his overalls, add his combat knife into a belt sheat, put large backpack with tools on his back, grab something to eat during his walk to plant and leaves his apartment.

He joins morning crowds to make his way to lower part of hive while he eats

Jormengand
2013-07-24, 05:14 AM
Therk:
Unsurprisingly, your attempt at gathering information is unsuccessful.

The four enter the busy streets, and make their way through the town. Several civilians are around them. They push through the busy streets, the thief amongst them not yet taking the opportunity to "relieve" anyone of their valuables.

Then, a woman takes out a sword, and all hell breaks loose. She cuts down the man nearest to her, and several more jump out and start attacking with all manner of weapons. Several bear chaos stars, others the symbols of their gods. The four heroes-to-be ready their weapons...

Initiative
Max [roll0]
Sativez [roll1]
Arakah [roll2]
Therk [roll3]
Cultist swordswoman [roll4]
Cultist axeman [roll5]
Shotgun cultist [roll6]
Stubpistol cultist [roll7]
Civilian 1 [roll8]
Civilian 2 [roll9]

It is Sativez's turn to move.

RandomLunatic
2013-07-24, 01:51 PM
Hey, I'm working this side of the- Sativez thought, before noticing the crude markings the cultists bore. "Frak," he muttered, diving for cover and then extracting his shotgun from under his trenchcoat.

Move: Move to cover, hopefully unseen. [roll0]
Move: Draw shotgun

Jormengand
2013-07-24, 02:48 PM
The cultist with the sword rushes up to Therk, and attacks.

[roll0] hit.
[roll1] Crit confirm.
[roll2] damage.

Ouch. Sorry man, you took 7 damage.

Whatever happens, it's Max's turn.

JackPhoenix
2013-07-24, 05:41 PM
Max evaluate situation, looks at nearest cultists, doesn't even bother with taking out his knife and runs at cultist with shotgun and tries to grab and take it from him.

Roll to disarm: [roll0]

Batpope Scott
2013-07-24, 06:50 PM
Therk almost doubles over from the pain, but catches himself and spits out a retort."Oi, watch it! That blade's got a nasty bite!"

He steps back before unloading his autogun into the woman in retaliation.

[roll0] Attack Roll
[roll1] Crit Confirm
[roll2] Damage
[roll3] Crit Damage

Jormengand
2013-07-25, 05:12 AM
The cultist with a shotgun is momentarily surprised as Max "borrows" his weapon, but decides just to snarl angrily at him. The axe-wielding cultist rushes up to Max and whacks him one:

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Unfortunately, that's a hit. Take 3 damage.

Then, Therk shoots at the sword-user with an autogun. The bullet whips past about an inch from her face, but she's not hit.

Jormengand
2013-07-25, 05:29 AM
Civilian 2 then runs up and knifes the stub-pistoleer. Like a pro.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Then, Arakah makes his move.

Pesimismrocks
2013-07-25, 07:04 AM
Wasting no time, Arakah snatches his boltpistol from his belt and unloades a round into the axe cultist's head.

To hit [roll0]
Crit confirm [roll1]
Damage [roll2]

Jormengand
2013-07-25, 12:34 PM
The cultist is just a little too slow to avoid the impact, and his head is left with a massive wound in. He crumples, bleeding and unconscious. The second civilian attacks the cultist with the pistol:

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Miss!

The pistol cultist takes a step back, and blasts the second civilian:

[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

2 damage!

The unarmed cultist whacks Max in the face:

[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]

Miss!

Sativez, go!

RandomLunatic
2013-07-25, 12:42 PM
Exhaling to steady his nerves and aim, Sativez leaned around the corner and unloaded two shells into the pistol-packing cultist.

Standard: Double Taps on the pistoleer:
[roll0]
[roll1] (+1 Attack and damage if he is within 30')

[roll2]
[roll3]

Jormengand
2013-07-25, 05:29 PM
The pistol-toting cultist dodges. The sword-wielding cultist attacks Therk determinedly.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Yeah, that didn't hit.

Then, Max attacks!

JackPhoenix
2013-07-25, 06:08 PM
Max was busy taking shotgun from cultist when he was hit by another one with axe, then hear crack of exploding bolt and turn arount just in time to see his body fall to ground. He steps back to get enough room to aim newly aquired shotgun at its former owner, using increased distance between them to dodge his punch, then pulls the trigger.

5 foot step back and shooting at unarmed cultist
Attack roll: [roll0]
Crit confirmation: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
Crit damage: [roll3]

Batpope Scott
2013-07-26, 12:12 AM
Stepping backwards once more, Therk tries the same tactic again. "You're persistent!"

By the way, does that sword have any DRP?

[roll0] Attack
[roll1] Crit Confirm
[roll2] Damage
[roll3] Crit Damage

Jormengand
2013-07-26, 05:38 AM
(No, sorry, the sword has no DRP so you can reduce its damage)

The unarmed cultist and the cultist with the sword fall to the ground.

Both civilians then proceed to rush up to the last cultist and knife him.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

He takes 2 damage from one of them.

Arakah, finish this!

Pesimismrocks
2013-07-26, 06:07 AM
Arakah reloads his weapon and fires at the final cultists stomach.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Jormengand
2013-07-26, 05:58 PM
The final cultist collapses, bleeding. There is still chaos on the streets and more cultists everywhere. The two civilians flee the immediate area, in an attempt to escape. MIRAR haven't arrived in great force yet, although you can see that some of them are making drops in the distance.

You're now out of combat rounds. You're on a major road, and there are only really two ways along - forwards, and backwards.

Batpope Scott
2013-07-26, 07:27 PM
Therk is smiling from ear to ear as he charges forward, determined to find someone else that needs shooting "C'mon boys, let's put these warp-addled nuisances down!"

Pesimismrocks
2013-07-27, 03:27 AM
Arakah smirks as the Human yells out and glances around looking for any nearby cultists.
Spot check if Necessary
[roll0]

JackPhoenix
2013-07-27, 04:06 AM
"What a day to leave my gun and coat at home...I hate...eh, what day is it? They're all the same to me." Max examine shotgun he took from cultist, check number of shells left in its magazine. "Omnissiah knows what things they done to this weapon...I need my gun..." Then he looks at his injury. "And my coat, I'm pretty sure it would be enough to stop that axe." He looks around for any sign of more cultists in immediate vicinity. "I'm going home, I have equipment there which would be more useful now then backpack full of tools or this piece of junk...and I have house vox, so I can call MIRAR and ask what in the warp is going on and where we'll be most useful" Max turns around in direction of his apartment "And it's not like it matters which way we go, those bastards are everywhere"

Jormengand
2013-07-27, 08:03 AM
You barely need to look to see quite a lot of cultists are pretty much everywhere. Max, checking the dead cultist, finds that he has thirteen shots left. Racing back up the way you came, you come up to a group of sixteen cultists standing in the middle of a usually-busy crossroads.

Before anyone even fires a shot, all of the cultists simultaneously stab themselves, and a massive warp rift appears between them. A bloodcrusher storms out past the four, and several other demons make their way into the streets. A pink horror, however, rushes forth to attack!

Initiative:
Max: [roll0]
Sativez: [roll1]
Arakah: [roll2]
Therk: [roll3]

Horror: [roll4]

Okay, everyone except Arakah makes their move.

RandomLunatic
2013-07-27, 09:43 PM
"There goes the neighborhood," Sativez muttered from the back,moving in for a good shot against the sole daemon that stuck around.

Move: Move within 30' of the horror with nobody in the way.

Standard: Double Taps it.
[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

Jormengand
2013-07-28, 07:23 AM
Sativez fired, but the shots were deflected by the whirling chaos energies around the daemon. The horror looked distinctly unimpressed.

Right, Max and Therk need to attack.

JackPhoenix
2013-07-28, 02:52 PM
"What the..." Max's intended vulgarity was interrupted by his jump out of the path of the mounted daemon. He managed to regain his footing just in time to see pink mass of flesh from the warp and small figure shooting ineffectively into it. Max didn't hesitated though and added his firepower to aid him.

Attack roll: [roll0]
Crit roll: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
Crit damage: [roll3]

Jormengand
2013-07-28, 04:09 PM
Max's own shots were also blocked by the coruscating warp energies around the daemon.

Batpope Scott
2013-07-28, 05:09 PM
"Demons?! Frag!" Therk's yelling is interrupted by a shot from his autogun at the pink one that happens to be advancing in his direction.

[roll0] Attack
[roll1] Confirm
[roll2] Damage
[roll3] Crit Damage

Jormengand
2013-07-28, 08:20 PM
Therk's shot was also deflected by the daemon's power. The daemon then moved forth, and fire sprayed from his hands.

I'm giving poor Arakah a break and assuming he hasn't stepped up yet, but the rest of you:
Max: [roll0] damage, [roll1] ref half (No damage)
Sativez: [roll2] damage, [roll3] ref half (2 damage)
Therk: [roll4] damage, [roll5] ref half (2 damage)

Reflex DC is 12. I thought I'd let you guys know that Therk is a silly name.

Pesimismrocks
2013-07-31, 03:41 AM
Arakah snarls at the demon before trying to fire into its eye

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Jormengand
2013-07-31, 02:19 PM
Arakah's shots actually hit home, but the daemon seems largely unperturbed by them.

RandomLunatic
2013-07-31, 02:56 PM
Leaping back from the sheet of flame, Sativez unloaded two more rounds into the thing.

No damage from the flame because Evasion is awesome like that.

Move: Move away from the others.
Standard: Double Taps again.
[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

Jormengand
2013-07-31, 07:53 PM
I forgot how awesome evasion was. Sorry.

The daemon explodes, even it being overwhelmed by the sheer velocity of the shots that strike it. You notice, however, that two smaller, blue daemons are left in its wake.

You keep your initiative, and the blue horrors steal the pink's. I don't care if that's not how the rules say it works, it is now.

JackPhoenix
2013-08-01, 05:36 AM
Max steps just beyond the edge of daemon's fire blast, then starts to moving to side so their enemy won't have as good chance to hit them all again. Then the daemon explode under concentrated gunfire and without delay, Max shoots smaller blue thing just as it appeared.

Moving to side and attacking nearest Blue horror
Attack:[roll0]
Crit conrifmation:[roll1]
Damage:[roll2]
Crit damage:[roll3]

Jormengand
2013-08-01, 07:12 AM
The shots flew very wide of the mark, and the daemons both remained unperturbed by them.

Batpope Scott
2013-08-01, 09:05 AM
Singed a bit by the demon's fire, he watches as it explodes and the two smaller creatures take it's place. "At least we're not running out of targets to practice on!"

[roll0]
[roll1]

If I succeed on a 10, they have to make a Reflex DC 15 to avoid taking the weapon damage.

Also, I agree that Therk is a silly name.

EDIT: Therk is the master of not hitting anything when he shoots.

Jormengand
2013-08-01, 11:47 AM
The two creatures, unharmed by the shots but cringing slightly at the joke, rush up to attack Max and Therk.

Max: [roll0] hit
[roll1] + [roll2] damage (7 damage)

Therk: [roll3] hit
[roll4] + [roll5] damage (8 damage)

Arakah! Activate!

Pesimismrocks
2013-08-01, 12:40 PM
Arakah steps back and fumbles with his gun, firing a shot into the daemon attacking therk.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Jormengand
2013-08-01, 01:06 PM
Critical miss: Your bolt pistol jams, and you have to spend a standard action messing around with it before it will function again.

RandomLunatic
2013-08-02, 01:33 AM
"Hah! Take that ya-oh come on!" Sativez said as the Daemon fell apart and then re-formed into two. He sighted and took another shot.

Standard: Shoot one of the horrors.
[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

Jormengand
2013-08-02, 07:49 AM
The blue horror is extremely badly wounded, and looks to be on its last legs.

JackPhoenix
2013-08-02, 08:00 AM
Max really wishes he didn't left his trenchcoat at home just before he's left unconscious and bleeding on the floor by daemon's attack

Stabilisation roll: [roll0]

Jormengand
2013-08-02, 11:42 AM
Max is fine, inasmuch as an unconscious person can be.

Batpope Scott
2013-08-02, 06:48 PM
Therk once again takes a step back before firing. It almost seems like that happens to be his favorite tactic or something!

He targets the one that is directly in front of him and loudly states "You'll have to hit harder than that if you want to bring me down!"

[roll0] Attack
[roll1] Confirm
[roll2] Damage
[roll3] Crit

EDIT: I think I should just start throwing rocks. It would have the same effect and would save me on ammo.

Jormengand
2013-08-03, 02:03 PM
One of the daemons walks over to Sativez. The other, however, stands there trying to hit Therk.

[roll0]

[roll1] + [roll2] so 4 damage.

RandomLunatic
2013-08-03, 02:57 PM
"Hey, outta my way," Sativez said, stepping aside so he could unload another round of shot into the injured daemon.

5-foot out of reach of the horror in my face.

Then shoot the injured horror.
[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

JackPhoenix
2013-08-03, 04:14 PM
Max is still lying unconscious on the floor, but at last he's not bleeding anymore thanks to the Emperor's will.