PDA

View Full Version : Ocular Adept Advice

ZamielVanWeber
2013-07-23, 12:01 PM
So I like the flavor of the class, even though I am not sure how strong it actually is, but I cannot figure out the best classes to go into it, with the odd combo of Concentration 8 Ranks and Fort +4. Any suggestions that synergize with late spellcasting/eye rays?

CyberThread
2013-07-23, 01:14 PM
I have done a few threads on this , and usually does not get past much other then, It is a okay class but not a great class. You want a non casting class before you get into this, and experience it as a melee getting magic rather then magic going down a step for lesser magic.

The abiltiles run off CHA, the spells run off WIS, and whatever you did before hand ran off non casting stats most likely. If you have good stats, Hexblade,Warblade and a few others get good fort, so look for class abilties that you can use and compliment the PRC rather then the PRC to compliment your main build.

The SLA's do not qualify for the normal metamagic like split ray and such, so am not really sure how you can maximize it, most of what you want I think will come from savage species book .

ZamielVanWeber
2013-07-23, 01:24 PM
I already knew much of that from looking at it. I just like the idea of a (nice and non-cheesy) way of getting access to beholder powers. I just have no idea what compliments it well. And that 1-2 splash that is (almost) mandated for Concentration, combined with many of the fact that many melee classes have few skill points. ToB is an easy answer, but I was hoping to dodge that.

CyberThread
2013-07-23, 01:34 PM
No clue really sorry.

ZamielVanWeber
2013-07-23, 01:35 PM
Paladin of Tyranny actually works nearly perfectly. It also wants decent Wis and Cha, debuffs their saves vs my rays, and I hardly lose out on their meager spell casting anyways.