PDA

View Full Version : Crystals as bonus for good RP

yougi
2013-07-23, 01:47 PM
I remember reading something a while ago about giving PCs crystals as rewards for good RP or out of the box thinking. There were three levels (white blue and red from memory), and these could be used to improve your d20 results: the first meant you'd take the best of 2d20; the second one would give you a roll of exactly what you needed to roll to succeed; the third would give you a natural 20.

Does anybody know of this article? Could anybody link it to me?

AttilaTheGeek
2013-07-23, 02:41 PM
I highly doubt there'd be published rules for that; the relevance of dice in the game and the amount of RP are both down to the DM. Also, it would be impossible to quantify the difference between "good, level 2 crystal" roleplaying and "great, level 3 crystal" roleplaying in a meaningful way.

It's got to be a houserule, but it sounds like a good houserule.

Fyermind
2013-07-23, 03:20 PM
That sounds like something inspired or directly from the words of John Wick. Good luck finding it. It has since been streamlined to a single counter that gives a +1 to a roll.

yougi
2013-07-24, 12:27 AM
I highly doubt there'd be published rules for that; the relevance of dice in the game and the amount of RP are both down to the DM. Also, it would be impossible to quantify the difference between "good, level 2 crystal" roleplaying and "great, level 3 crystal" roleplaying in a meaningful way.

It's got to be a houserule, but it sounds like a good houserule.

No, it wasn't published material, it was an article by one of these DnD bloggers. And the difference between the various levels of crystals is actually theexact reason I'm looking for the article.

That sounds like something inspired or directly from the words of John Wick. Good luck finding it. It has since been streamlined to a single counter that gives a +1 to a roll.

Hmmmmmm... Interesting. Thank you!

Arael666
2013-07-24, 02:52 PM
Unearthed Arcana has a rule similar to what you want, it's called "Heroic Points" or smtg like that, but you aquire those as you level.

If it's a baseline you want, you can check that rule and simply award points as they RP.