PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Combat Performance feats

SamsDisciple
2013-07-23, 02:52 PM
I have been toying with the idea of using the combat performance feats and it seems interesting but very feat intensive for maybe not enough of a bonus so I came to the playground to ask their opinion. Specifically I am looking at Dazzling display - fullround make an intimidate check against all foes within 30 ft
Heroes display - swift action dazzling display
Savage display - swift action to get 1d6 untyped extra dmg
Dramatic display - swift action to get +2 to attack for 1 round
Masterful display - combine 2 of the above actions into 1 action

They all give extra bonuses to a combat performance but unless your campaign is geared to that the bonus is meaningless but with how many feats go into it is this tree worth it say for a bard?

StreamOfTheSky
2013-07-23, 05:29 PM
You can take the Performing Combatant feat (I think that's the name) to use performance feats in normal combats. But yeah, it's massively feat intensive. That's FOUR feats to get and properly use Hero's Display, plus the perform ranks so you can make DC 20 on top of Intimidate ranks.

It's just too much for too little. It's the classic:

1. Fighters get FEATS as class features! Go Fighter!
2. Hmm, Fighters sure do have a lot of feats...
3. So I guess making them pay up a giant feat chain just to get the thing they want is ok. I mean...they get so many feats!

You'll note spellcasters aren't required to devote huge % of their spell slots to utterly worthless spells in order to access the higher level spells. But for martials, who already have weaker stuff than casters, they think making them throw class features in the garbage is fine for some reason.

grarrrg
2013-07-23, 05:41 PM
They all give extra bonuses to a combat performance but unless your campaign is geared to that the bonus is meaningless but with how many feats go into it is this tree worth it say for a bard?

Pit Fighter (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/other-paizo/n-r/pit-fighter) PrC can help with that.

Starting at level 1, you can make any combat a Performance Combat, 1/day.
Extra uses of this at 4th, 7th, and 10th.
It also gets some semi-useful Performance-related abilities. But just how useful they are depends on the rest of your build.