PDA

View Full Version : Any Dice???

Loki Eremes
2013-07-23, 07:09 PM
hi there people!

I searched for about an hour on the internet....and....or my google-fu skills are rusted or i just have bad luck but...

i could not find any "AnyDice" GUIDE on the internet.

For those who are not familiar with the AnyDice, its a page that allows you program a series of dice rolls acording to your build or whatever you wanna do with dice rolls. [As im not sure if i can post the link here, i will not, but try googling it] :smalltongue:

The problem with it is that is not intuitive AT ALL.

- Does anyone knows if it is a Guide for it???

erikun
2013-07-23, 08:22 PM
Well, the first thing that comes to mind is to link to the website in question (http://anydice.com/), especially if you don't think people will be familiar with it.

Second, between "Documentation" and "Function library" (both to the left) the website itself should give a good explanation of how the system works. Is there anything in particular you are trying to accomplish.

Third, why put this in the 3e subforum? I don't see how questions about a website relate to 3e at all.

TuggyNE
2013-07-23, 11:17 PM
I doubt there's any specific guide for it beyond the provided documentation, but it does help to think of it in terms of functional programming. Unfortunately, that probably doesn't help you much unless you know the design philosophy of Lisp or Haskell or F# or something.

Loki Eremes
2013-07-26, 07:43 PM
Well, the first thing that comes to mind is to link to the website in question (http://anydice.com/), especially if you don't think people will be familiar with it.

Second, between "Documentation" and "Function library" (both to the left) the website itself should give a good explanation of how the system works. Is there anything in particular you are trying to accomplish.

Third, why put this in the 3e subforum? I don't see how questions about a website relate to 3e at all.

1. i stated i didnt know if i could post the link (ive been sanctioned by illogical reasons that were not in the rules, im not risking it again :smalltongue:)

2. Documentation and Function library, gives explanation about how the program works but as i said is not intuitive at all, it even confuses me more.
What im trying to acomplish is to learn to program a full attack process.

Ex: Loki the Dervish has 7 attacks with both hands. (ARs: +30 +30 +30 +25 +25 +20 +15)
I want to simply make 1 click on "roll" to have the results for all the rolls....including posible criticals.

- is this posible???

3. yeah i ****ed this thread place on the forum, my bad. If any mod is reading this and wants to change it, change it.

Loki Eremes
2013-07-27, 06:29 PM
1. i stated i didnt know if i could post the link (ive been sanctioned by illogical reasons that were not in the rules, im not risking it again :smalltongue:)

2. Documentation and Function library, gives explanation about how the program works but as i said is not intuitive at all, it even confuses me more.
What im trying to acomplish is to learn to program a full attack process.

Ex: Loki the Dervish has 7 attacks with both hands. (ARs: +30 +30 +30 +25 +25 +20 +15)
I want to simply make 1 click on "roll" to have the results for all the rolls....including posible criticals.

- is this posible???

3. yeah i ****ed this thread place on the forum, my bad. If any mod is reading this and wants to change it, change it.

- no one knows to to this (item 2) with anydice??? :smallfrown:

TuggyNE
2013-07-27, 11:58 PM

Oh, didn't notice this earlier for some reason. Yeah, it's possible (http://anydice.com/program/272e/roller), especially if there's no specific effect on a crit beyond damage. The link checks rolls against provided AC and confirms critical threats appropriately, but doesn't include Power Critical or similar.

Do you want damage rolled and totaled too? (This might interact poorly with some more sophisticated abilities, like the enemy being able to avoid one attack per round, or DR, or whatever.)