PDA

View Full Version : Planar Shepard!!!

Perseus
2013-07-23, 09:22 PM
Ok so I went and made a Planar Shepard in a group of high optimized/high ability/high level group.

It took me about five seconds to realize that I did something bad, something real bad...

But I like it :smallamused:

So I'm looking at the planes I could become attuned to (do note I have all 10 levels of the planar sheperd...) and I've found a few that are quite interesting but I figured I wouldn't ask the obvious questions... Ok maybe I will...

Risia - The Plain of Ice

My planar bubble will allow me to change the temperate so suddenly down to 0 I think it is called a flash frost or something like that. 50% chance to have a "natural" weather happening which is pretty neat...)

Where can I find the rules for flash frost? Or at least what happens when the temperature is 0.

I saw on an old post somewhere that it kills any living creature in the area of flash frost but it didn't mention where they got their info from...

Any info would be very appreciated!

Renen
2013-07-23, 09:59 PM
Or you could go the boring way and get the 10x speed time.

Lightlawbliss
2013-07-23, 10:05 PM

Hey, If the guy doesn't want to end a combat before the rest of the party acts, good for him.

to the op: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/environment.htm#coldDangers

Perseus
2013-07-23, 10:06 PM

I don't want to scare the other players...

One of them is a time stop wizard, I don't want to make him depressed.

eggynack
2013-07-23, 10:07 PM
The rules for the effects of cold are in frostburn. Apparently, zero degrees Fahrenheit sits right on the edge between cold and severe cold. It's a fortitude save every hour for 1d6 nonlethal damage on the cold side, and severe cold has the check every ten minutes. If you're talking Celsius, I'm not in the mood to run conversions, and you'd probably be interested in knowing all of the cold rules at once anyhow. That's generally the place to go for the The Secrets of Ice and Snow.

Lightlawbliss
2013-07-23, 10:09 PM
The rules for the effects of cold are in frostburn. Apparently, zero degrees Fahrenheit sits right on the edge between cold and severe cold. It's a fortitude save every hour for 1d6 nonlethal damage on the cold side, and severe cold has the check every ten minutes. If you're talking Celsius, I'm not in the mood to run conversions, and you'd probably be interested in knowing all of the cold rules at once anyhow. That's generally the place to go for the The Secrets of Ice and Snow.

The rules on cold temps were originally published in the dmg

eggynack
2013-07-23, 10:14 PM
The rules on cold temps were originally published in the dmg
True. I noticed that I was halfway swordsage'd with that information after posting. Still, if the OP can access it, the Frostburn rules are more detailed, and I believe that they have an additional cold hazard band as well. It's basically a whole book of nothing but cold rules, so it's a good place to go if you're building a cold themed character. You also can't do much better than a druid if cold effects are your goal, so it all adds up.