PDA

View Full Version : [Pathfinder] Create a Race Help

Hrimhari
2013-07-24, 12:00 AM
Alright so my GM has only recently gotten the Pathfinder books and wanted to try a side campaign in it whenever our normal group cannot get together or at least not all of us (Current storyline kinda requires two members who have hectic work schedules)

So I got some of them off the Pathfinder site and borrowed off the GM (I am the first then the others get them)
But in the Advance Race Guide they allow you to build your own race, giving a point system of sorts.
If you know the system great I am sure it can be found online, I do not feel right copying it to here.

But using that the fomula is if you have 20+ RP (Racial Points) and you start in a 1-5 level range you must take an additional +1 to your level due to the points, if you have 30+ you get 2 and 40+ you have +3 levels over the rest.

Well here is a Formula I designed to get a working Doppelganger for the game and I was curious if it holds up.

Type Monstrous Humaniod (3 RP)
Subtype (Shapechanger)
Size: Medium (0)
Speed: Normal (0)
Ability: Advanced (+2 Int; Wis; Cha; +4 Dex; -2 Str) (4)
Language: Standard (0)
(Humans)
Racial Traits:
Healthy (2)
- +4 Fort against Diseases and Poison, Including Magical Diseases
Stubborn (2)
- +2 Bonus on Will saving thows to resist spells and spell-like abilities of enchantment.(Charm &Compulsion)
Spell-Like Ability, At-Will (8 Total)
- Alter Self 2 (4)^
- Detect Thought 2 (4)^

Now mostly its the Spell-Like Ability, At-Will I am concerned about. I found Alter Self and Detect Thoughts online and they both are lvl 2 spells (You double the RP of the level so 2 becomes 4)
http://paizo.com/prd/spells/alterSelf.html
http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/spells/detectThoughts.html#_detect-thoughts

Also if you have recommendations to make the build a little better or more honest I am open to suggestions. (Within reason)

Reasons: I am normally the face of the party and I am a master BSer according to my DM and he suggests I play this race because it fits be well.