PDA

View Full Version : [PF][Gestalt] Alright, I need to help a friend

BTB
2013-07-24, 12:32 AM
Essentially, he was newer to the game, great roleplayer, fell in love with Bards (Court Bard) and joined one of our games. It was a bit higher power than him (The blasting sorc in particular was raising the damage bar a bit much), but he was contributing well and everyone was having fun.

Then teh campaign went Gestalt, and suddenly the power gaps got a fair bit more obvious. With the GM scaling encounters to the new general power level, well, he feels a bit useless. WE're only at level 5, but he's basically being allowed a complete rebuild. He his high Dex, Cha, and racial flight, and I'm guessing he'll wank to keep some skill monkeying ability. He'll definitely want to keep Court Bard. I was just hoping for some help to bring him up to the power of the rest of the party. (Sorc/Fighter, Druid/Cleric (I know, ouch), Inquisitor/Ranger, Fighter/Scholar)

Oh, and I'm guessing at least one of the players will notice this here, so I hope you don't object to a bit of outside help to make the guy feel more, well, useful.

grarrrg
2013-07-24, 01:08 AM
Summoner.
Expand your spell options, AND gain your very own "Fighter" as a class feature!

BTB
2013-07-24, 01:39 AM
Heh. If I can get him to go for the fluff, it's a definite idea. Though I'll keep an ear open for other ideas as well, since he can be hard to convince on character fluff stuff.

grarrrg
2013-07-24, 05:48 PM
Well, the next best ideas are:
Sorcerer: but the party already has one of those, ideally he'd pick spells for minimal overlap. Possibly go for Dragon Disciple (unless that's the other guys idea).

Paladin: may not be an option due to alignment issues. But CHA to ALL Saves is quite nice. Possibly go for 2 levels of this, and then Sorcerer (see above).

Oracle: CHA based Divine casting, can get some nice stuff.