PDA

View Full Version : Most Versatile PrC's

Arc_knight25
2013-07-24, 09:57 AM
This thought just kinda hit me. I was wondering what people thought was the most versatile PrC's?

Something that you can dip into or take fully. Something that is useful for every role within a party? Good for casters and mundane alike.

I could just see a party all taking the same PrC but applying its abilities and class features to different parts of their own build.

Feytalist
2013-07-24, 10:00 AM
Uncanny Trickster.

A dip would be slightly useless though. Unless you reaaaally want to use a single skill trick twice per encounter.

Edit: Also Mythic Exemplar from Complete Champion. Class abilities mostly depend on which Paragon you choose to follow.

flare'90
2013-07-24, 10:02 AM
Chameleon?

ArcturusV
2013-07-24, 10:08 AM
Shapeshifter, I'd guess? It's good for quite a few builds if you can meet the pre-reqs somehow. Extra Wildshaping is never something to sneeze at. Though the lack of full casting on it will probably make casters say no.

Thrall of Demogorgon would probably be my other guess. Since it's column is "Spell level or bonus feat" that means it can be good for casters and non-casters alike. Probably not for a full ride but a one off dip won't hurt anyone. Free Hypnosis and natural armor doesn't hurt either.

bot
2013-07-24, 10:10 AM
Shadowcraft mage is extremely versitile, being able to spontaneous cast any known evocation, conjuration(creation/summoning spell ever made

Venger
2013-07-24, 10:26 AM
animal lord is versatile as heck. it's not very good, but that was never a requirement :smalltongue:

master of nine is also all about versatility

Big Fau
2013-07-24, 10:44 AM
Warshaper (with Changeling or Shifter as the base race), Planar Shepherd (well duh), Shadowcraft Mage (mentioned, but bears repeating), Sovereign Speaker (9 extra domains), Jaunter (qualifications aside, it's solid for noncasters), some of the PrCs in Dragonmarked (I like the Full BAB ones), Teflammar Shadowlord (SHADOW POUNCE!), and a few others.

Edit: Forgot a few. Seul Arcanamach (5th level Arcane spells and BAB, making it an alternative to Duskblade), Disciple of Thyrm (Frostburn's divine alternative of Seul Arcanamach, with a damn good spell list), and Divine Crusader (thanks to the Spell domain and Sovereign Speaker PrC).