PDA

View Full Version : Psionics dungeon for beginners?

KernalCheddar
2013-07-24, 11:58 AM
I've always loved Psionics and all their awesomeness, and recently I decided that I wanted to DM something that involved psionics in some degree. I always game with the same group and while they know enough about psionics they'll let me play one, we always instate the full psionic magic transparency rules and we never run into anything psionic other then me. so I wanted to do a small adventure or even just a dungeon for them to learn about and get used to Psionics and how they work, but unfortunately seeing as I've never been in a campaign where we fought psionic monsters, I'm not too sure what would be good for beginners. So I was wondering if anyone could point me towards a good short premade adventure or dungeon that I could use as a sort of Psionic tutorial for my players. We're going to be playing Pathfinder with the 3rd party Psionic rules from Dreamscarred press, but I would be ok with 3.5 material also.

TL:DR need a good 3.5/pathfinder dungeon for psionic beginners to teach them the system.

Also if anyone has any tips for DM'ing a world with Psionics is different rules, they would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

JusticeZero
2013-07-24, 02:47 PM
I just banned arcane and divine spellcasting altogether before character creation. Works fine. They cannot play an arcane or divine caster, and none exist on the world at all.

KernalCheddar
2013-07-24, 02:53 PM
the problem is the plot I had in mind involved basically no psionics in the world at first, with it gradually trickling in as time goes on. basically just "it used to be here, then something happened and it disappeared, now many years later its starting to come back"

JusticeZero
2013-07-24, 03:09 PM
You can always flip that if needed. Or be part of the coming back bit. You can't teach people a system they are not playing. It will always look strange and OP.
I also recommend transparency instead of the "is different". It just works better without creating a backlash hate against the psychics that will just get them nerfed.