PDA

View Full Version : Unarmed Martial Build

Trasilor
2013-07-24, 01:21 PM
I am looking for some general help with an unarmed combatant build.

I am trying to create an unarmed martial combatant.

Any and all books are allowed.

Mostly I am looking for a full (or near full) BAB unarmed combatant that is somewhat simple to use - this will be an NPC. I know the Unarmed Swordsage is a viable option - was hoping for something with less bookkeeping (SS has lots of maneuvers)

I don't need a full breakdown of levels/feats/etc. Just pointing me in the right direction (i.e "try X and Y class" or "X class with Y feat") would be very helpful.

Thanks

Talionis
2013-07-24, 02:01 PM
Barbarian

Superior Unarmed Strike Feat from Tome of Battle helps to give you a base damage. Here is an old thread that maybe some help: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/archive/index.php?t-38057.html

iDesu
2013-07-24, 02:05 PM
Yeah, sounds like you want a barbarian / bear warrior / fist of the forest / deepwarden set up

RogueDM
2013-07-24, 02:47 PM
I was pawing through my Dragon Compendium just last night and came across the Battle Dancer. It's a light to no armored unarmed class. Seems more like a Monk variant, but I figured I would contribute it to the mix.

ZamielVanWeber
2013-07-24, 06:04 PM
I have a soft spot for the fighter since he can give you both Melee Weapon Mastery and Crushing Strike. Best part is you only need 4 levels of fighter to do it.

Metahuman1
2013-07-24, 06:08 PM
Warblade or Crusader with superior unarmed strike?

Psiwarrior with a dip into Monk and that feat that makes them stack for the important stuff?

Binder with the one Vestige that gives you monk unarmed strike progression + what ever else you fancy throwing on there? (The one for grappling, the one with the horns that grants pounce, and the one that gives you the once every five rounds trick to move through as many spaces as you have movement for and attack once against everything in those spaces sounds flavorful.)

ZamielVanWeber
2013-07-24, 06:15 PM
Psiwarrior with a dip into Monk and that feat that makes them stack for the important stuff? )

The feat is called tashalatora.

Metahuman1
2013-07-24, 07:00 PM
The feat is called tashalatora.

Thanks, I can never remember how to spell it.

Piggy Knowles
2013-07-24, 07:06 PM
A barbarian/frostrager/fist of the forest would work nicely, with a monk's belt, Superior Unarmed Strike and Snap Kick, plus all the qualifying feats. Better yet, mix in a healthy dose of warblade, too. Simple to play, not overwhelmingly powerful but still a fairly credible threat, and memorable.

Juntao112
2013-07-24, 11:38 PM
Fistbeard Beardfist (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=6062.0)

Psyren
2013-07-24, 11:42 PM
If you don't mind borrowing from Pathfinder, a Deadly Fist (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/soulknife/archetypes/dreamscarred-press/deadly-fist) Soulknife (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/soulknife) can dish out some hurt.

Lightlawbliss
2013-07-24, 11:56 PM
if all books are allowed, why don't I see any Gesalt builds showing up. Druid 20 merged with a monk kick off and some prestige class after could be fun :smallsmile:...and/or game breaking.

Tvtyrant
2013-07-24, 11:56 PM
Goliath Barbarian 1/Dungeoncrasher Fighter 6/Warhulk 10 (Or Bear Warrior 10)/(the other one of Warhulk or Bear Warrior 2) If the game starts at a late level (10+) drop the Goliath and use Bear Warrior to get into Warhulk.

If your DM allows temporary large size to apply to Warhulk this will net you a (+4 goliath, +6 goliath rage, +20 Warhulk, +8 Bear Warrior or +20 Bear Warrior, +4 Warhulk) total of +34-+38 strength before magic items. If you get an 18 in strength you will be doing 8d6+69 damage on a bullrush, which with bullrushing weapons can be done between 2-4 times a turn (Warhulk doesn't net you BaB unfortunately.) 388 unarmed damage at level 20, and you can think as long as you are not large.

ksbsnowowl
2013-07-25, 08:44 AM
Superior Unarmed Strike, as previously mentioned, is a pretty good non-class option for getting your unarmed damage up. Another pretty decent option is Shou Disciple from Unapproachable East. Five-level PrC that has full BAB, increases your unarmed damage, and gives a couple bonus feats. It even allows you to use flurry of blows with more types of weapons (up to and including all martial weapons). You have to already have Flurry of Blows though, in order to gain any use from that.