PDA

View Full Version : [Help Needed] Pathfinder - Monster Class-esque Question

TheWanderer
2013-07-24, 02:30 PM
Alright so I am a newish DM I have DMed d20 Modern for a bit now but I play sorta fast and loose with the rules to make it more organic and flow better with the players.

Well my group really wants to try Pathfinder for a bit. I had this idea of a magical item that converts a Elan Psionic (Telepath) into a Mind---yer (They are copyrighted after all) or in Pathfinder I guess a equivalent (Maybe the Phrenic Scourge but houseruled into a you know what more, brain eating included) when he puts on this psionic mask.

How would I do a character like that? I need a formula to show it like it was a new character set up.
Maybe a level progression for the splicing of both those races (Well more so just went to add Extract I guess the Phrenic fits dang near perfect)

The reason for this is as a character quest of this character putting on the mask and becoming this race while retaining his personality and now having to fight with the darker urges and so forth. Possibly a way to reverse the curse of the item on him later (I would award him levels in his normal class if he has to put levels into a monster class and then gets cured.)

Any help? Or should I scrap the idea because it seems a bit complicated?