PDA

View Full Version : Dragonfire Adept Prestige Class Conversions

WeepyDevil
2013-07-24, 05:10 PM
Draconomicon to Dragon Magic Conversions

The Dragonfire Adept (DFA) is one of my favorite classes in D&D, but it has very little to support it, beyond lose interpretations of the rules, and the only homebrew I've ever seen for it was Amechra's DFA/Warlock variant of Scion of Ashardlon (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12572931&postcount=11). So, in my attempt to add more PrC support for the DFA, I'll be posting below some attempts at converting some of the prestige classes from Draconomicon to be used with the DFA. I don't plan on adding anything major, but it would be nice to have more options when playing a DFA then just using Dragon Magic (and a few other books for the Metabreath feats).

Please point out any gaping errors or easy to abuse loopholes in the work below, as there will most likely be many (this is my first homebrew).

To Do:
Finish the Platinum Knight's table, list out the class features, and make the fluff better.
Begin converting Sacred Warder

Begin converting Talon of Tiamat
Begin convert Unholy Ravager

Begin converting Dracolyte
Begin converting Dispassionate Watcher

Begin converting Initiate of the Draconic Mysteries
Begin converting Hidecarved Dragon

WeepyDevil
2013-07-24, 05:11 PM
Platinum Knight
The platinum knight is a dragonfire adept who has chosen to devote himself to the cause of Bahamut, protecting and aiding metallic dragons in their fights against the metallic's natural enemies, the chromatic dragons, and other enemies of their draconic idols. Bahamut, the Lord of Good Dragons, is his patron, aiding the platinum knight against his mortal foes, these in service to Tiamat.
All platinum knights began their careers as dragonfire adepts, but they must be capable of divine magic, which they usually obtain from levels of cleric or favored soul, or, much less commonly, paladin or druid.
NPC dragonfire adepts can often be found in the company of good aligned dragons, serving them as a companion or bodyguard, or fighting against evil dragons and their servants. They often seek allies when they must face a particularly powerful foe, but only voluntarily associate with other good inclined beings.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Alignment: Any good
Class Features: Breath Weapon 2d6
Feats: Dragonfriend
Spells: Ability to cast divine spells

Class Skills
The Class Name's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are
Concentration (Con), Diplomacy (Cha), Heal (Wis), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (Arcana), Knowledge (Religion), Sense Motive (Wis), and Spellcraft (Int)
Skills Points at Each Level: 2 + int

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Spellcasting/Invocations

1st|
+0|
+2|
+0|
+2|Smiting Breath 2/day, immune to frightful presence|----------|

2nd|
+1|
+3|
+0|
+3|Healing Exhalation|+1 level of existing divine spellcasting class/+1 level of existing invocation using class|

3rd|
+2|
+3|
+1|
+3|Scales +1|+1 level of existing divine spellcasting class/+1 level of existing invocation using class|

4th|
+3|
+4|
+1|
+4|Smiting Breath 4/day|----------|

5th|
+3|
+4|
+1|
+4|Improved Healing Exhalation|+1 level of existing divine spellcasting class/+1 level of existing invocation using class|

6th|
+4|
+5|
+2|
+5|Scales +2|+1 level of existing divine spellcasting class/+1 level of existing invocation using class|

7th|
+5|
+5|
+2|
+5|Smiting Breath 6/day|----------|

8th|
+6/1|
+6|
+2|
+6|Greater Healing Exhalation|+1 level of existing divine spellcasting class/+1 level of existing invocation using class|

9th|
+6/1|
+6|
+3|
+6|Scales +3|+1 level of existing divine spellcasting class/+1 level of existing invocation using class|

10th|
+7/2|
+7|
+3|
+7|Smiting Breath 8/day, true seeing|----------|[/table]

Smiting Breath (Su): At 1st level, the platinum knight gains the ability to make his breath especially effective against evil dragons and dragonlike creatures. 2 times per day, the platinum knight can increase the damage of his breath weapon by his Charisma modifier, and raise it's DC by half his platinum knight level (minimum 1). This ability has no effect if use on being that isn't an evil creature with the dragon type or dragonblood subtype, although the attack still does normal breath weapon damage.

WeepyDevil
2013-07-24, 05:14 PM
Reserved for Unholy Ravager

WeepyDevil
2013-07-24, 06:18 PM
Another Reserved