PDA

View Full Version : Vampire D rides

Blackhawk748
2013-07-24, 07:40 PM
Well i just finished watching Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust and now im intrigued as to how to go about making D. I figure you start with the Half Vampire Template, more for fluff than anything else, then some Warblade, maybe a few levels of Fighter, but other than the basic chassis i have no idea where to go with this. So please soothe my curiosity and help me with this, hell i may use him in a campaign at some point.

Karnith
2013-07-24, 07:48 PM
The Vampire Hunter feat (from Libris Mortis) is obligatory, I think.

D would almost certainly be a high-level martial adept of some sort, probably with a focus on Diamond Mind maneuvers, since the main feature of his swordfighting style seems to be "moves really fast." Probably some Tiger Claw, too; given the way he leaps about in fights, I would say that the Sudden Leap maneuver would be well within his shtick, as would the various maneuvers requiring jump checks (Claw at the Moon, Death from Above, Feral Death Blow, and the like).

There are some symbionts (from Fiend Folio, and various Eberron books) that could sort of replicate his left hand.

Given the wide range of magical creatures that he fights, some of the Mage Slayer feats would probably also be appropriate.

Also, given that the Half-Vampire template is kind of poop, you might consider using a vampire bloodline (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/races/bloodlines.htm#vampire) instead, to minimize the effect on your ECL.

Metahuman1
2013-07-24, 07:51 PM
Probably got a few other Tiger Claw maneuvers. White Raven and Devoted spirit might not be totally out of place here either, given that he's pretty hard to kill and is good at closing the distance between himself and a target. Iron Heart for Wall of Blades, Iron Heart Surge and maybe some of those moves that give bonuses for totally committing himself to the attack.

Edit: Maybe a Symbiot for the hand? Or a Graft of some nature?

And for the mental ability's, a few Psionic class levels?

Waker
2013-07-24, 08:06 PM
I haven't watched D in quite a while, so I'm sure I will forget stuff. How about Ranger/Warblade into Impure Prince? For base race I would suggest Necropolitan.