PDA

View Full Version : Help: Better Feats for my Build

CleanDeceit
2013-07-24, 08:45 PM
This a Character build that I have thrown together to keep in my back pocket for when my main character dies. I haven't decided on race but I doubt it will be for anything other than one of the PhB races.

Warblade 2, Fighter 2, Kensai 2, Warblade 12
1 Improved Initiative
3 Combat Expertise
(3 Fighter) Improved Disarm
(4 Fighter) Weapon Focus
6 Improved Trip
9 Weapon Specialization
(10 Warblade) Blade Meditation
12 Greater Weapon Focus
(14 Warblade) Unnerving Calm
15 Greater Weapon Specialization
18 Improved Critical
(18 Warblade) Agile

So this is the Feats list I came up with and its not looking all that awesome.
Basically I want to max out damage without sacrificing anything (thus I avoided power attack) and I was looking to throw in a little weapon master style by adding the weapon expertise chain. Looking at it now though I think I would be willing to drop that in favor of more optimum power.
Another problem is the Warblade bonus feats... they suck, not much getting around that. But the Warblade as a class feature can shuffle the selected weapons for feats (such as weapon focus) so I guess thats why I picked those up.

Anyway, if anyone has any ideas on how I can pump this guy up to a) deal more damage or b) feel more capable, I would appreciate the feed back :smallcool:.

BowStreetRunner
2013-07-24, 09:06 PM
Actually, you are overlooking a critical element of this build - the maneuvers. With a warblade they are central to the concept of the build. On which disciplines are you planning on focusing?

Edit: One option might be to go with a TWF crit-fisher with the Blood in the Water stance, dual-wielding a pair of +1 Aptitude Kukris. From Tiger Claw, pick up maneuvers like Wolf Fang Strike, Dancing Mongoose and his big brother Raging Mongoose, Girallon Windmill Flesh Rip, and Pouncing Charge. From Iron Heart, pick up maneuvers like Steel Wind, Mithral Tornado and his big brother Adamantine Hurricane, and Scything Blade. Diamond Mind can give you Avalance of Blades and Time Stands Still.

Since you are using TWF you will want to take as many as you can from Weapon Focus, Weapon Specialization, Greater Weapon Focus, Greater Weapon Specialization, Melee Weapon Mastery: Slashing, and Knowledge Devotion in order to raise your damage bonus, both to get damage through over DR as well as to make your crits count. Picking up TWF, Improved TWF and Greater TWF are important of course. With the +1 Aptitude Kukris you will want to take Lightning Mace as well. This means you need Combat Reflexes (which is nice on this build anyway) so you might as well include Double Hit too. Taking Improved Critical may seem wasteful when you can buy keen weapons, but that's a +1 bonus on each weapon that you could save for something else. I would save for a pair of +1 Shadow Striking Aptitude Kukris myself.