PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Need help building a Dhampir Inquisitor

TheWanderer
2013-07-24, 10:29 PM
I have recently begun work on a Pathfinder game I posted another question as I am the GM of the game. But since we have so few players (3 or 4) I am playing a character too. So I need help in building my own character now that I figured out my other players.
1 is being a Gunslinger I think Human or Half-Elf
1 is a Human Cavalier
1 is a Summoner (She has not told me the race but likely half-elf if she sticks with her normal)

And now I want to introduce a Dhampir who is an Inquisitor
Following the Fervor Inquisition and perhaps the Sin Eater Archtype.
This is beginning at lvl 1 with everyone getting 1000 GP to start (I always hated such low starting money).

MukkTB
2013-07-24, 11:24 PM
This is going to become a discussion of the GMPC. Hatred will pour from the woodwork. People will rise up to defend the practice. Civilizations will fall. Nations will rise.

I don't like GMPCs. There are a lot of reasons I could bring up but this argument deserves, and has gotten its own thread.

As far as your party goes, they need a plan for healing. You can use wands of cure light wounds. Problem solved. For combat I'm assuming you're going to be an archer or a firearms expert. The Inquisitor helps the party as a skillmonkey out of combat and does OK in combat.

TheWanderer
2013-07-24, 11:36 PM
Yes I am gonna be basically a archer, using a repeating crossbow most likely and so forth.

What feats should I take
What skill ranks should be the favored
What spells for the lvl 0 and lvl 1 to start?

Also lets not forget it is a Dhampir so positive energy actually hurts him while negative energy heals him.

I am going to be taking the Dayborn replacement so I lose the Spell-like ability to sense the undead but I also lose the Light sensitivity issues.

I may replace Manipulate (+2 to Bluff and Perception) with the Vampiric Empathy allowing my character to commune with Rats, Bats, and Wolves for a bit of flavor and when we are out hunting bad guys, I am sure the wolves might see things that no humans eyes see, and bats can be good for that as well, and are not effected by light. Rats are everywhere in mid-evil worlds so they would be great informants.

TheWanderer
2013-07-24, 11:48 PM
As far as GMPC issues, I don't want them in the thread. We play with them and have for awhile. We have never run into problems so far we all take our turns running GMPCs when it is our time to run campaigns. We do not have the issues so no flaming here please. Thank you very much.

avr
2013-07-25, 12:45 AM
I recommend focusing on stuff that the party will value them for directly rather than being a cause for competition. Protection from evil or shield of faith at level 1 are basic protective buffs. Litany of sloth might save a party member who gets out of position.

TheWanderer
2013-07-25, 01:00 AM
Thank you.

Right now I need help with the Feats, Skill layout, (you have given me some spells to look at for lvl 1)

Hruken
2013-07-25, 01:13 AM
For feats, stick to the standard ranged ones: point blank shot, precise shot, imp precise shot, rapid shot, clustered shots, deadly aim, those sorts. Since crossbow, going to need rapid reload and crossbow mastery.

For skills play to your strengths - knowledge (whatever) for identifying, intimidate, and survival, as you get bonuses, and use the rest to fill in holes the rest of the party has.

For spells, grab some healing spells (someone should have them, even with wands in use), and inflict wounds to heal yourself.

TheWanderer
2013-07-25, 01:17 AM
Yes the whole negative to positive thing is gonna make this character tricky but I like the fluff and the look of a Dhampir out hunting baddies. Also it gives flavor to the RP and my party seems to like the idea as well (I think they hope I give him a talking hand mouth or something)

TheWanderer
2013-07-25, 12:39 PM
I was thinking of taking the Travel Domain with the Trade Subdomain (Replacement?)

The Dimensional Hop has me confused however. It says you can At 8th level, you can teleport up to 10 feet per cleric level per day as a move action.
Does this mean it is a once a day power? Or that at 8th level you can teleport per day the number of your cleric level? So if your a level 8 it would allow you to teleport 8 times in a day?

Spuddles
2013-07-25, 12:41 PM
If you're using archery, point blank shot and precise shot are pretty necessary. Those ought to be your first two feats.

TheWanderer
2013-07-25, 01:34 PM
Ok I want to be a Sin Eater due to its HP recovery given my Dhampir negative regeneration but I also like the Travel/Trade Domain.

So which is better for a Dhampir ranged character who might be using a rapier now and then (Cayden Cailean is the Diety)