PDA

View Full Version : What Background?

Pippiton
2013-07-25, 12:05 AM
I either want the +2 to thievery

or

Use highest ability score as starting hp

Now, the +2 helps with traps but its not that much whereas my halfling rogue instead of (12+11 CON) 23 hp can now have (12+20 DEX) 32 hp

Which should as I get as im a melee rogue fighter.

Arkhosia
2013-07-25, 12:09 AM
I would take the hp backround, as you already have a high theivery skill (especially if trained), and the skill focus feat grants +3 to theivery (or you can spend a feat to be trained in it if you did not do so).

Ashdate
2013-07-25, 12:10 AM
Not to rag on you too hard, but you probably could have simply posted this in the original thread you made for this character.

I think the additional 9 hit points is a much better deal than +2 to your thievery check.

dariathalon
2013-07-25, 12:20 AM
I have to agree with Ashdate about keeping it all in one thread next time. However, since you've got this one going I should probably give you some useful advice too.

If this is the same character, be sure you check with your DM about this. If HotFL really is the only book you're allowed for character creation, then you are probably out of luck for a background. I'm pretty sure there are no backgrounds in that book. Even if he does allow backgrounds from beyond that book, there are a lot of DMs who don't allow the extra starting hp backgrounds.