PDA

View Full Version : 3.5: What are all of the various spells that fix things beyond hit points?

INoKnowNames
2013-07-25, 01:25 AM
Trying to list all of the spells that fix certain problems beyond just hit points. So far, I've got....

Resist Energy
Protection from Energy
Energy Immunity

Remove Blindness/Deafness
Remove Nausea
Remove Paralysis
Remove Fatigue

Break Enchantment
Freedom of Movement
Ruby Ray of Reversal

Delay Disease
Remove Disease

Delay Poison
Neutralize Poison

Remove Fear
Good Hope
Heart's Ease

Restoration
Lesser Restoration
Greater Restoration
Mass Restoration

Deathward
Mass Deathward

Panacea
Heal
Mass Heal

Revenance
Revivify
Raise Dead
Resurrection
True Resurrection

Refreshment
Stabilize
Regenerate

Dispel Magic
Greater Dispel Magic
Reaving Dispel Magic
Wall of Dispel Magic
Chain Dispel

Wish
Miracle

Any other obvious ones I'm missing, or does that cover most of the essentials?

Maginomicon
2013-07-25, 01:31 AM
Each version of this spell can target one of the hazards described below and "correct" it in the manner described.
Any trap targeted by the ray is sprung.
The spell unties knots and causes chains, manacles, and similar restraining devices to fall away.
A hole with a radius of up to 1 foot is created in a wall of force, forcecage, or similar spell or effect.
A creature that has been polymorphed, turned to stone, or otherwise transformed from its natural state is returned to its natural form.
A magic jar spell is dispelled if a ruby ray of reversal targets the crystal holding the caster's soul.
Webs, slime, grease, and other substances that would hamper movement are destroyed in an area with a radius of up to 20 feet.

Lightlawbliss
2013-07-25, 01:46 AM
Mind posting a source for the Ruby ray...I want to see that on paper.

Theoboldi
2013-07-25, 03:22 AM
I found that Charm Person is a good way to solve most social problems.

On a more serious note, Wish is pretty much the go-to spell for when nothing else works. As is Miracle.

Darth Stabber
2013-07-25, 03:25 AM
Dispel magic and it's derivatives fix a great many things.

Also harm fixes up undead and the tomb tainted.

eggynack
2013-07-25, 03:26 AM
It is from Player's Guide to Faerun, page 110. Seek it out in good health, and end your quest in peace.

Maginomicon
2013-07-25, 11:23 AM

It is from Player's Guide to Faerun, page 110. Seek it out in good health, and end your quest in peace.
It's in the Spell Compendium, pages 177-178.

Lightlawbliss
2013-07-25, 11:36 AM
That is one powerful spell. Not to powerful (the material component keeps it reasonable) but powerful.

INoKnowNames
2013-07-25, 11:42 AM
Ruby Ray of Reversal:

Any trap targeted by the ray is sprung.
The spell unties knots and causes chains, manacles, and similar restraining devices to fall away.
A hole with a radius of up to 1 foot is created in a wall of force, forcecage, or similar spell or effect.
A creature that has been polymorphed, turned to stone, or otherwise transformed from its natural state is returned to its natural form.
A magic jar spell is dispelled if a ruby ray of reversal targets the crystal holding the caster's soul.
Webs, slime, grease, and other substances that would hamper movement are destroyed in an area with a radius of up to 20 feet.

It's in the Spell Compendium, pages 177-178.

That is one powerful spell. Not to powerful (the material component keeps it reasonable) but powerful.

Material Components get invalidated after use, don't they? Can't say I like the sound of that, but the spell is very useful, definitely one to list. At the very least for another answer to Polymorph.

I found that Charm Person is a good way to solve most social problems.

Charm Person is a negative effect that would need to be fixed, silly!

On a more serious note, Wish is pretty much the go-to spell for when nothing else works. As is Miracle.

Except for when those spells are specifically noted as to not work, like with Soul Bind or Imprisonment. Still worth listing, though.

Dispel magic and it's derivatives fix a great many things.

Also harm fixes up undead and the tomb tainted.

Wasn't much considering harm (this list is for the spell list of a support character), but Dispel Magic is a good one, yes.