:sabine: "Heheh"
:thog: "Hah! *snort*"
:belkar: "..."
:xykon: "Heh."
:nale: "I can think of two..."
:roach: "They're actually four."

137beth
2013-07-25, 06:08 AM
Really? That's what you thought of when you read it?

martianmister
2013-07-25, 09:45 AM
So, where does she keeps her arrows?

Gift Jeraff
2013-07-25, 09:47 AM

Her earsand nostrils.

Mike Havran
2013-07-25, 10:18 AM

In her quiver.

:smallamused:

F.Harr
2013-07-25, 01:41 PM
O.K., it's Hammerspace time!

;)

Giggling Ghast
2013-07-25, 01:59 PM
The same place Deadpool keeps his guns.

Sir_Leorik
2013-07-25, 02:05 PM
The same place Deadpool keeps his guns.

In pouches around her thighs?

Giggling Ghast
2013-07-25, 02:11 PM
In pouches around her thighs?

The pouches are purely aesthetic.

Sylthia
2013-07-25, 02:24 PM
Slightly off panel.

Sir_Leorik
2013-07-25, 02:32 PM
The pouches are purely aesthetic.

There is nothing aesthetic about Rob Liefeld's artwork. The word shouldn't be applied to his work, even when it comes to Deadpool. :smallannoyed:

Giggling Ghast
2013-07-25, 02:52 PM
Now, now, he's hardly the first artist to ever include a superfluous piece of equipment in character design. Ninety per cent of all anime characters who wear goggles do so for other reason than "looking cool."

Tock Zipporah
2013-07-25, 02:57 PM
Well, considering Elan pulls his rapier out from behind his back (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0760.html), hammerspace seems like a reasonable option. But, notice that Haley DOES have at least four full quivers in her bag of holding. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0799.html)

Sir_Leorik
2013-07-25, 03:50 PM
Now, now, he's hardly the first artist to ever include a superfluous piece of equipment in character design. Ninety per cent of all anime characters who wear goggles do so for other reason than "looking cool."

The wings on the sides of Captain America's mask are an aesthetic choice. The design of the Statue Of Liberty's crown is an aesthetic choice. Putting tail fins or racing stripes on a car are aesthetic choices.

All of the above indicate that the artist or designer wants to make something utilitarian (a mask worn by a superhero in a comic book, a statue, a car) more distinctive. But in order to make something utilitarian into something distinctive (or "cool") you need to be able to draw or design something utilitarian. Rob Liefeld is incapable of drawing the following things:

A Human face that doesn't have a gazillion wrinkles
Faces that don't look exactly alike
Hairlines that aren't receding to the point where the characters might consider Rogaine
Upper bodies that don't look absurdly overmuscular
Women whose waists aren't wider than their hands
Women who don't look like they suffered spinal damage in a car crash
Fingers
Especially trigger fingers
Guns smaller than an armoire
Feet
Seriously, have you ever seen Rob draw anyone standing on the ground without their feet cut off by smoke, or another panel? And his flying characters, you never see their feet either!
Heads that are proportional to the upper bodies of a character
Captain America throwing his shield.
A depiction of Nomad that makes her look like a fifteen year old girl and not a waitress at Hooters.

He is a horrible artist, who managed to create six characters that other writers and artists turned into great characters: Cable, Domino, Deadpool, Copycat, Nomad and Supreme.

Klear
2013-07-25, 05:19 PM
He is a horrible artist, who managed to create six characters that other writers and artists turned into great characters: Cable, Domino, Deadpool, Copycat, Nomad and Supreme.

...and we should be thankful for that.

Slayer Lord
2013-07-25, 11:53 PM
...and we should be thankful for that.

Amen to that.

Haley's arrows? Hammerspace in a bag. 'Nough said.

skim172
2013-07-26, 12:06 AM
Well, generally, when it comes to the appearance of convenient plot-related MacGuffins, they're said to have been pulled straight out of the author's ass, so perhaps that can be applied literally. :smallwink:

I had an idea once to use realistic encumbrance. Meaning you had to keep track of everything you were carrying and what it weighed, including your gold, your food, etc. Since that meant each of our characters was carrying several hundred pounds minimum in gold, silver, and copper alone (not even counting armor and weapons), and that we'd have to leave behind most of the loot we found, I was told that was a stupid idea.

My suggestion that we all get burros, and travel in wagon trains did not gain much traction.

BroomGuys
2013-07-26, 02:30 AM
My suggestion that we all get burros, and travel in wagon trains did not gain much traction.

DM: You have reached the Green River crossing! It is 60 feet wide and 30 feet deep! Also you have dysentery.
Party: @#$%@#$%@#%$

Mammal
2013-07-26, 07:41 AM
had an idea once to use realistic encumbrance. Meaning you had to keep track of everything you were carrying and what it weighed, including your gold, your food, etc. Since that meant each of our characters was carrying several hundred pounds minimum in gold, silver, and copper alone (not even counting armor and weapons), and that we'd have to leave behind most of the loot we found, I was told that was a stupid idea.

My party once circumvented the hell out of encumbrance by loading up a paladin's celestial mount, and we still had to leave stuff behind. My DM is a little overgenerous, methinks.

Jay R
2013-07-26, 11:09 AM
In the final panel, she told us where she keeps her arrows.

She keeps them in her suspension system.

SoC175
2013-07-26, 03:57 PM
I had an idea once to use realistic encumbrance. Meaning you had to keep track of everything you were carrying and what it weighed, including your gold, your food, etc. Since that meant each of our characters was carrying several hundred pounds minimum in gold, silver, and copper alone (not even counting armor and weapons), and that we'd have to leave behind most of the loot we found, I was told that was a stupid idea.
Actually that's standard D&D rules. It's one of the most often ignored D&D rules but in official play (e.g. Living Campaigns) you were supposed to track that.

It was really important for characters where abilities were tied to how much they carried. E.g. if you were carrying a medium load you were well below the max you could carry, but some abilities only worked while not carrying any more than light load (e.g. a rogue couldn't apply his full dex bonus if carrying more than light load).

Estelindis
2013-07-27, 06:19 AM
Haley's arrows come from the same kind of space into which Hinjo's katana disappears in panel 7 of strip 409 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0409.html). It makes his cloak look like the carpet bag of Mary Poppins, with the katana being so long that it should be pointing out the other end, yet, somehow, not doing so. :smallbiggrin:

Klear
2013-07-27, 07:32 AM
Haley's arrows come from the same kind of space into which Hinjo's katana disappears in panel 7 of strip 409 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0409.html). It makes his cloak look like the carpet bag of Mary Poppins, with the katana being so long that it should be pointing out the other end, yet, somehow, not doing so. :smallbiggrin:

I never noticed that panel. That's hilarious =)

Flame of Anor
2013-07-27, 12:30 PM
Probably Best to Choose at Random

Chronos
2013-07-28, 07:05 AM
Am I the only one who isn't sure what the OP was talking about? I mean, I thought I knew, until the demon roach said "four". Is this just a display of ignorance of anatomy, or is there some other interpretation for which "four" makes sense?

Flame of Anor
2013-07-28, 08:37 AM
Am I the only one who isn't sure what the OP was talking about? I mean, I thought I knew, until the demon roach said "four". Is this just a display of ignorance of anatomy, or is there some other interpretation for which "four" makes sense?

Well, the two that Nale infers are presumably the nether pair. The demon roach seems to be adding two more possible orifices to those. I can think of six other possibilities (five on the head), but it's anyone's guess as to which ones the OP meant. Of course, none of the six except the mouth is anywhere near as practical as the first two (which are, of course, already wildly impractical).

I doubt there is much more of value to be gotten from this discussion, though.