PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom Of Loathing

Handsome Goblin
2013-07-25, 09:35 AM
Kingdom Of Loathing is a free sadistic/comical rpg that is pretty cool and I couldnt find a thread about it. I figured I would spread the word and get more people to play it if it is their kind of thing. One of the cool things about it that I like is that you can play it on your broswer from your smart phone. :). You can also be connected to other people while you play it, or play it alone up to you.

http://www.kingdomofloathing.com/

blueblade
2013-07-26, 10:18 AM
Comes out of lurking. I love everything about KoL (even on my 35th ascension). Such an incredible amount of content, and humour, what's not to love?

hobbitkniver
2013-07-26, 07:13 PM
Comes out of lurking. I love everything about KoL (even on my 35th ascension). Such an incredible amount of content, and humour, what's not to love?

The way you can only play so much each day?

Thiyr
2013-07-26, 07:39 PM
I'll say this for the game: It has the single best meat-based economy I've seen in a while.

Vitruviansquid
2013-07-26, 08:00 PM
as much as I dislike hitting the adventuring limit, I sometimes suspect I would tire of the game really quick if it wasn't for that.

Handsome Goblin
2013-07-26, 08:29 PM
If there wasn't a limit to adventures I would definatly be playing it too often.

blueblade
2013-07-30, 03:53 AM
It depends on how long you've been playing. Once you get into it, the number of turns/day is actually pretty high (well over 200/day in aftercore), and frankly I have an extremely difficult time using them all.

Magentawolf
2013-07-30, 08:27 AM
It depends on how long you've been playing. Once you get into it, the number of turns/day is actually pretty high (well over 200/day in aftercore), and frankly I have an extremely difficult time using them all.

This. I'm a little burnt out of it after nine years, but I do stick my head back in every so often. :)

Grinner
2013-07-30, 02:44 PM
This. I'm a little burnt out of it after nine years, but I do stick my head back in every so often. :)

Doesn't KoL let you use Greasemonkey scripts, though?

Magentawolf
2013-07-30, 08:01 PM
Doesn't KoL let you use Greasemonkey scripts, though?

Yeah, but I've used them only rarely. it just doesn't feel right, using something like KoLMafia.

Handsome Goblin
2013-07-30, 10:52 PM
What is that?

blueblade
2013-07-31, 04:20 AM
It's a really powerful client for automating/streamlining KoL play. I use it quite a bit, but mostly in aftercore. It's quite fiddly to use (optimally) in run. Many high level players pretty much use it exclusively, or the game would just take too long!

http://forums.kingdomofloathing.com/vb/showthread.php?t=186011

It's totally seperate from Greasemonkey skills. Although those are good too.

Handsome Goblin
2013-07-31, 09:01 AM
I am pretty casual, but I will still probably check it out cool.