PDA

View Full Version : Alya The Last Child of Light

raynesinder
2013-07-25, 12:08 PM
Hello everybody. My name is Raymond and I am the writer/creator, and my friend Jesse Cihouski is the artist/co-creator of our retro sci-fi epic comic called "Alya The Last Child of Light." (http://alya.thecomicseries.com) We would love for everybody to come by and check out our webcomic. Any and all comments and critiques are welcome.

http://Alya.webcomic.ws/files/additionalartwork/movie_poster_small.jpg

VariaVespasa
2013-07-26, 09:09 AM
Awrite, lemme see. Amphibians with breasts... I'm gonna suggest no. An amphibian finding a human woman attractive? Unlikely, except perhaps in rare cases, unless theres a deeper reason for it. Suggest you either change that or make his being unusual in that way part of the story when time permits or figure out how to work the background into the story sometime. The star children are human-looking? That needs an explaination at some point.

Page 33, last panel, a typo- its "We're off to", not "Where off to..".

Beyond that it seems a bit early to tell. Much depends on the dialogue etc once we get past the initial intro here.

Oh, I dont care for the costume she's wearing in the thread picture here. Naked is fine given her origin, but if she goes to wearing clothes at some point I really cant see something quite that cheesy/sleezy/skimpy being the way she would go. It just feels like its trying to hard.

raynesinder
2013-07-30, 02:28 PM
Awrite, lemme see. Amphibians with breasts... I'm gonna suggest no. An amphibian finding a human woman attractive? Unlikely, except perhaps in rare cases, unless theres a deeper reason for it. Suggest you either change that or make his being unusual in that way part of the story when time permits or figure out how to work the background into the story sometime. The star children are human-looking? That needs an explaination at some point.

Page 33, last panel, a typo- its "We're off to", not "Where off to..".

Beyond that it seems a bit early to tell. Much depends on the dialogue etc once we get past the initial intro here.

Oh, I dont care for the costume she's wearing in the thread picture here. Naked is fine given her origin, but if she goes to wearing clothes at some point I really cant see something quite that cheesy/sleezy/skimpy being the way she would go. It just feels like its trying to hard.

Sweet Zombie Jesus! are you serious?
This is our comic book, not a work of earthly biology or factual based events, in a galaxy so far removed from earth and humans (human concepts and ideas). The only thing tying this world to our own is that humans, ie me and artist, created it, which agreeably is based on human concepts. Is it an "amphibian" in an earthly idea of the species, certainly not, if we want "frog-like" creatures with mammary glands then BOOM! we got em. With that being said we can do whatever we want, when ever we want, and how ever we want, it is fiction and it is ours.
The story is just developing so hang in there if you'd like, all will be explained in time. This is true intelligent sci-fi not some typical rehashed crap that blows its wad in the first 15 pages, leaving itself nothing to go from after but visual action with no story. We threw you into a world you don't understand for a reason, to tell a beautiful story through the epic tale that it is.
Stay tuned or not its your choice. There is a lot of other simpleminded "sci-fi" out there if that's your bag. You want slightly futuristic laser guns and flying cars, post apocalyptic, or mutation/zombie story line; just look you'll find it in mass. Thats not what our comic is about and never will be.
Ok I think I've wasted too much time with that comment, but I felt it needed to be addressed. Thanks for looking, the choice is yours.

raynesinder
2013-08-23, 02:51 PM
Don't miss the intense and terrifying action going on right now in "Alya The Last Child of Light!" (http://alya.thecomicseries.com) *Mass Destruction Required*

Don't forget to show support for Alya and vote here (http://topwebcomics.com/?searchterm=Alya)!!