PDA

View Full Version : [D&D 3.5 Feat expansion] Occult Domain Paths [WiP]

Xuldarinar
2013-07-25, 12:08 PM
In secrets of pact magic, among other classes, we are introduced to the occult priest. The occult priest binds spirits (vestiges) and is capable of casting domain spells, starting with the knowledge and gaining new domains known at 3rd, 7th, 11th, and 19th level. When they know a domain once, they get each spell 1/day, as divine spells. When they know a domain twice, they get each spell in the domain 2/day + bonus spells based on wisdom modifier.

Anyways, theres a feat listed in the book known as Occult Path. When you have certain domains, usually sets of 3 or 4, taking this feat will grant you a certain ability based on the domains known.

So, to those familiar, lets come up with more paths. I'll post ones as I get ideas, and others can post their own suggestions. To those who lack the book, I'd suggest getting it, especially if you love the binder in D&D.

{table=head]Path|Spell Domains|Path Special Ability
Nether Vault|Wealth, Creation, Shadow|Cast Secret Chest 1/day except the spell has a duration of permanent until discharged [/table]

katarl
2013-07-25, 01:20 PM
To clarify, an occult path is a combination of domains.

You can take a feat to get an extra bonus if you have taken a certain combination- for example- if you took the Knowledge, Law and Magic domains, you can take the Arcane Library Occult Path, which allows you to use spell trigger items as if you were a wizard of your character level.

Pactbinding isn't a part of this feat, it just happens to be in the book. If you have three domains from some other source, that works too, so even if you're unfamiliar with Secrets of Pact Magic, you can still take make these domain paths, though I still recommend the interested buy the book (http://www.pactmagic.com/home.htm), it's simply fantastic, the best third party 3.5 book out there. There's also a Pathfinder pact magic book (http://www.rpgnow.com/product/104602/Pact-Magic-Unbound-Vol-1-%28PFRPG%29?term=pact+magic), with a second coming out this year.

For a contribution, I offer:

{table=head]Path|Spell Domains|Path Special Ability
Nether Vault|Wealth, Creation, Shadow|Cast Secret Chest 1/day except the spell has a duration of permanent until discharged [/table]