PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder: barbarian taking sunder feats/powers

tigmades
2013-07-25, 12:58 PM
Perhaps this seems a bit of a dumb question, but I see almost all invulnerable rager barbarians take improved sunder and spell sunder. Are these feats/powers really that awesome? Could someone perhaps explain with a scenario why these might be better to take than, say raging deathblow and bleeding blow instead?

I have a feeling I'd be making use of the latter two more often than the former, and want to know if it is perhaps because I am missing something?

Spuddles
2013-07-25, 01:03 PM
Presumably because the ability to strip your target of a buffs is extremely valuable. Most things that cast buffs will generally be more powerful than a barbarian with their buffs up, but less powerful than a barbarian after losing their buffs.

If you don't face a whole lot of casters, it's not that great of a rage power, imo.

Keep in mind that the only way to make it useful is via rage cycling, given its limitations.

Killer Angel
2013-07-25, 01:09 PM
It's a sort of free dispel magic (with limited uses), for a martial class, so yes, it can be very valuable.

(Before PF, I homebrewed a similar feat for 3.5... :smallwink:)

Or, see it this way: what's the purpose of bleeding blow? to inflict more damage.
I always tend to go for things that let you do something different...