PDA

View Full Version : a world without humans

Lord Sidereal
2006-12-12, 06:39 AM
right im creating a homebrew world without humans. What would everyone suggest?

Dhavaer
2006-12-12, 06:48 AM
I did this! But I altered everything else, as well. You don't really have to do anything but say 'no humans'.

Lykan
2006-12-12, 06:52 AM
I'm not sure I ever did a completly dead human race... But I did do an endangered human's thing...

Essentially, the technology was really far behind, even for a medeival setting... Little to no alchemy, no firearms, etc.

Dhavaer
2006-12-12, 07:02 AM
I messed around with the racial stereotypes. Dwarves were hardcore wizards, elves were militaristic merchants, gnomes were like matriarchal Arthurian knights and halflings were depressive, enslaved theocratic workaholics.

Mewtarthio
2006-12-12, 01:28 PM
Don't forget to get rid of Half-Elves and Half-Orcs, too.

Brady_Kj
2006-12-12, 05:04 PM
Well, you can still have those half-guys, but you'd have to come up with entirely new stats and think of a reason for why an orc would mate with say... dwarf.

Dhavaer
2006-12-12, 05:15 PM
Well, you can still have those half-guys, but you'd have to come up with entirely new stats and think of a reason for why an orc would mate with say... dwarf.

Because they're surprisingly flexible. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0082.html)

Yakk
2006-12-12, 07:16 PM
That just gave me a wierd idea.

Anyone ever done a campaign that took place during a fantasy zombie apocolypse.... except the players are the Zombies, while the Humans/living races are the enemy?

magic8BALL
2006-12-12, 07:38 PM
No. Zombies are mindless... so are 1/2 my players... hmmm...

But anyway... Yeah "no humans", so who's in the majority? elves? halflings? gnomes? dwarfs? dare I say Orcs? Replacing Human with Orc as the main race will change the flavour of a setting completely. You could just drop the 'Orcs are Evil. End' thing, have low tech (stone - bronze age), with the other races, dwarves in particular, making all the steel stuff.

Just saying no humans leaves a wide wide door open for options.