PDA

View Full Version : A Dozen Daggers [3.5/PF, Contest]

Hyde
2013-07-25, 06:04 PM
Looks like my rogue is going to need between six and twelve daggers, for throwing and for stabbing. I was considering asking about interesting synergies, what have you, but then I remembered people around here like things like trophies, so I'm having a contest!

The Rules are very simple: Design the best dagger and/or most interesting dagger you can, keeping in mind that it's going to have up to eleven brothers and sisters- If a dagger's home is in a foe for a few rounds, that's fine! The more detailed you are, the easier it is to score.

EDIT: Since I am buying a dozen of these, the cheaper the better, I wouldn't go over a +5, but upwards of +7 will still be considered

Entries should look something like this:

Name: (Of the dagger, completely optional)
Weapon Properties: (itemize the + costs, please)
How it should be used: (is it a throwing dagger? should it be left somewhere as a trap? What did you have in mind. Most of the time, this will probably be obvious, but this is basically the part where you tell me why your dagger is the neatest).
Appearance: (What's it looks like? Entries on the first page without this will be grandfathered in, so don't worry.)

This contest will run for a minimum or two weeks, and at most four. First through third place winners will receive trophies. (Gold, Silver, Bronze, no doubt knife-themed).

News(ish)! These things are looking good! Let's keep it up!

Boci
2013-07-25, 06:10 PM
Is there any guideline for a gp budget?

Hyde
2013-07-25, 06:18 PM
If more budget-friendly, the better. I accidentally deleted the line about trying to keep them between +3 and +5 (+6 on the top end) on revision. whoops!

Hamste
2013-07-25, 07:21 PM
Name: Can't Touch This
Weapon Properties: +1 Defending(+1), Variety damage types (+1), Guardian (+1)
How it should be used:
Cast the eternal wand of Greater Magic weapon on each dagger at the beginning of the day. Every turn as a free action put the natural plus one of each dagger to your saves and +4 to defending (it does not have the same restriction that guardian does). You should have any energy type you need to deal damage to any given creature for your sneak attack. From this method with 12 daggers you will have 48 more ac and 12 more to your saves.

It costs 43300 to buy an eternal wand of Greater Magic weapon at caster level 20. This gets you two castings a day so you have to buy one for every two you have.

Total cost for each dagger 53952 so a bit more than a +5

Check with your DM before using this. I used RAW so it could be banned straight out by the DM. For example it takes advantage of the fact that it says that magic weapons are only "usually" used while in hand so that you can take advantage of the guardian and defending spell even when you don't have it in hand.

Hyde
2013-07-25, 07:33 PM
It's kind of amazing that it says that it stacks with all others.

Hamste
2013-07-25, 07:48 PM
It's kind of amazing that it says that it stacks with all others.

Yep, one of the few overtly broken things they left in pathfinder (I mean it is pretty obvious to two weapon fighters). I mean it is like they didn't even consider someone might want to have a ton of defending or guardian weapons.

Oddly enough, the way I suggested is actually cheaper with more daggers. Splitting the guardian enchantment into separate daggers saves you a considerable amount and gives you even more ac (Didn't suggest it right away because you said only a dozen daggers and you might be meeting a carrying capacity thing).

Hyde
2013-07-26, 12:14 AM
Welp. Hope we get more.

avr
2013-07-26, 02:53 AM
Name: Property Damage
Weapon Properties: Adamantine (+3000GP), Impervious (+3000 GP), Corrosive (+1), +1 enhancement.
How it should be used: Sometimes you just want to cut up something which can't cut back. This is the tool for that job. The impervious, corrosive & +1 are optional.

Name: Knockout
Weapon properties: Merciful (+1), Vicious (+1), Heartseeker (+1), Spell Storing (+1), +1 enhancement.
How it should be used: From ambush when you really want to take someone out in one attack. The Heartseeker property lets you sneak attack when fog, darkness or whatever is offering concealment. Merciful & Vicious should give +3d6 nonlethal damage (& make any other damage nonlethal) and make the 1d6 to yourself nonlethal. Spell Storing can up the damage further with something like Vampiric Touch or carry some other nasty spell (Terrible Remorse (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/t/terrible-remorse) is useful even if they make the save.)

gr8artist
2013-07-26, 03:43 AM
Name: Falcon's Edge
Weapon Properties: This +2 advancing (+2) dagger allows its wielder to use Bladed Dash (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/b/bladed-dash) as a command word, at will.
How to Use It: After making a melee attack, you may spend a swift action to take a free 5' step for better positioning. By activating the command word, you may make a free 30' move that does not provoke, and make a free melee attack at any point along the path. This blade is excellent for maneuverability and tactical positioning, getting yourself in the right spot for maximum sneak attacks and helping you to dart into and out of the fray untouched.
Appearance: The blade of this dagger is crafted to look like an outstretched falcon's wing, with a serrated front edge and a pommel fashioned like a bird's talons.

Ability costsCommand word, Bladed Dash (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/b/bladed-dash), caster level 4th, at will: 21,600 gold (1800 x 2 x 4 x 1.5)
+4 total enhancements: 32000 gold
Mwk Dagger cost: 302 gold
Total: 53,902 gold, a little more than a +5 weapon. If you need to reduce the cost, use a +1 dagger instead and the overall cost drops to 39,902 gold.

Name: The Smilin' Hydra
Weapon Properties: This +1 called (+1), distance (+1) dagger of doubling (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/magic-weapons/specific-magic-weapons/dagger-of-doubling) has been further enchanted to allow its wielder to use Cloud of Knives (http://dndtools.eu/spells/players-handbook-ii--80/cloud-of-knives--2920/) as a command word, at will. Touching the Smilin' Hydra or its double gives the wielder a +5 competence bonus on perform (juggling) checks for 1 round.
How to Use It: A double can be made from the Smilin' Hydra as a swift action (or free if the wielder has the Quick Draw feat). The Smilin' Hydra and its doubles have a 20' range when thrown, and the original can be called back to the wielder with a swift action. The lower-quality magical copies it makes with its spell effect deal 1d6+1 damage each. These copied daggers last for 4 rounds, and you may make one free ranged attack each round with one of these copied daggers. This allows the wielder to make and additional sneak attack each round, and the doubling effect ensures that the wielder always has at least one blade to throw each round. Successful juggling is a perform check with a DC = 5 x the number of light items being juggled. (heavier items increase the DC by 5/size)
Appearance: This wicked, serpentine blade has an image of a laughing jester on the hilt and 6 long serpents' necks etched into the blade.
Visually, the effect of "cloud of knives" may be replaced with knives being juggled.

Ability costsDoubling effect of dagger of doubling (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/magic-weapons/specific-magic-weapons/dagger-of-doubling): 8,000 gold
Cloud of Knives (http://dndtools.eu/spells/players-handbook-ii--80/cloud-of-knives--2920/), caster level 4th, at will: 21,600 gold (1800 x 2 x 4 x 1.5)
+3 total enhancement: 18,000 gold
+5 competence skill bonus: 3,750 gold (2,500 x 1.5)
Mwk Dagger: 302 gold
Total: 51,652 gold, a little more than a +5 item. If you need to reduce the cost, drop the juggling skill bonus, and the total will drop to 47,902 gold.

Boci
2013-07-26, 04:05 AM
Sentinel
Weapon Properties: +1 Warning, Eager, so +3 price wise
How it should be used: Wielded in offhand to grant a +7 insight bonus to initiative (and a +2 bonus to damage in the surprise and first round of combat).

Eel
Proprieties: +1 last resort spell storing dagger (so again, +3 price wise)
How it should be used: If you are ever grappled, stab creature with this for extra damage and then use dimension hop to escape.

Segev
2013-07-26, 10:31 AM
I don't know if you're doing PF or 3.5, and this one is more expensive in the latter than the former. That said, intelligent item abuse is great fun, though this particular combo will likely get your DM to throw things at you.

Name: The Prima Donna
Weapon Properties: +1 Intelligent Dagger, enchanted to be able to cast True Strike as a command word. Grants +3 competence bonus to Perform(Flourish) for +900 gp. Basic intelligence with speech, +2000 gp. +1800 gp for command word first level spell at will. +1 costs 2000 gp. Ego 2.
How it should be used: This delicate, almost femanine-looking blade has a melodic soprano voice with which it will critique any combat it "sees." If its wielder flatters it and uses it as his primary weapon (and any secondary weapons had better also be daggers! Bigger weapons offend its sensibilities), it will speak the command word to activate its True Strike power on its wielder's behalf every round. If snubbed, it will use none of its powers, and if it wins an ego contest, it will not allow its wielder to pick up any other weapon or even use any other tool where a dagger might suffice.

Hyde
2013-07-26, 01:00 PM
Prima Donna, love that stuff.

Also Props to Gr8 for including an appearance section! good idea. Also a lesser version of the Hydra seems like it would be totally sweet for just keeping basically infinite (with quick draw) throwing knives around.

Rules are technically Pathfinder, but we're also freely looting from 3.5. So where there's a conflict, Pathfinder trumps.

Segev
2013-07-26, 01:11 PM
Name: Main Gauche
Weapon Properties: +1 dagger with a broad basket hilt (+2000 gp for enhancement), use-activated Shield spell (+4000 gp). 6302 gp, total.
How to use: Wielded in the off-hand, this dagger creates a Shield spell effect.

Note: You COULD save a lot of gp, dropping the Shield effect to 1800 gp cost, by making it command-activated. It would require a standard action to put up, and last for only a minute, though, before you'd have to do it again. Total market price if you do that: 3800 gp.

Hyde
2013-07-26, 01:25 PM
Name: Main Gauche
Weapon Properties: +1 dagger with a broad basket hilt (+2000 gp for enhancement), use-activated Shield spell (+4000 gp). 6302 gp, total.
How to use: Wielded in the off-hand, this dagger creates a Shield spell effect.

Note: You COULD save a lot of gp, dropping the Shield effect to 1800 gp cost, by making it command-activated. It would require a standard action to put up, and last for only a minute, though, before you'd have to do it again. Total market price if you do that: 3800 gp.

Does that make it effectively continuous?

Segev
2013-07-26, 03:02 PM
Does that make it effectively continuous?

The expensive use-activated version? Yep, as long as you've got it in your off-hand, you've got Shield up (+4 AC, immune to magic missile).

The cheaper version lasts a minute at a time, and takes a standard action to re-cast.

Hyde
2013-07-26, 08:09 PM
Pretty dang spiffy. Anyway, I need to bump this back onto the front page! More daggers, folks!

Crasical
2013-07-26, 08:56 PM
Name: Ruyi Tengu Tanto
Weapon Properties: +1 Flying, Sizing Dagger. 13,302g
Flying: (+1 weapon enhancement, Magic of Faerun p. 140). Weapon becomes an animated object with a 30' fly speed. It can be given simple instructions, similar to mindless undead.
Sizing (+5000 GP, MIC p. 43). Swift action to change the size of the weapon.
How it should be used: Multiple uses. Can be sized up and used as a flying mount, as a summoned ally in battle making Slams or Tramples as it flies about the battlefield. Can be left hidden to guard a place then size up and attack if intruders appear. Can be sized -down- to fine and easily hidden from searchers. You could even use it to cut things, if you so chose.
Appearance (http://j.b5z.net/i/u/2053486/i/tanto_ezr.jpg): The wooden handle and sheathe of this weapon merge nearly perfectly when it is sheathed, giving it the appearance of a single smooth piece of wood. The blade is simple but very well crafted, and the only markings on the weapon are an engraving on the handle of the face of a scowling man with a disproportionately large nose.

I work under the assumption that a dagger is about a foot long in total and thus maxes out at about two size categories smaller than it's wielder, for a maximum of Huge sized animated object. If your DM will allow a 'tengucraft' that's functionally equal to Dwarvencraft, making the weapon out of adamantine, and/or you use an Adamant weapon crystal, that will substantially increase the Hardness (and functional DR) of the weapon when it's in animated mode. It also will gain 4 additional hardness because of it's enchanted nature.

It's name is a reference to the Ruyi Jingu Bang that Sun Wukong uses. Properties stolen from Darrin (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10294124#post10294124).
For added cheese value, make fine-sized and made out of Riverine.

Hyde
2013-07-26, 09:51 PM
Neat. Surfboard dagger is a keeper.

gr8artist
2013-07-27, 11:29 AM
I forgot to ask, but do we get multiple submissions? Or do I need to take one of mine out?

Segev
2013-07-28, 05:04 PM
Stab of Remorse: +1 dagger which does no damage to the first person it stabs on a given day. At any later point in time, when its wielder says of somebody it has previously stabbed in this fashion, "I wish I'd stabbed that guy when I had the chance," it casts Remote Viewing to locate the target, and then manifests Recall Agony (augmented to 6d6 damage). Can only be used once per such target before it must stab them again and forgo the damage. Cost: 2000 gp (+1 dagger); +15,120 gp for Remote Viewing and Recall Agony at 7th ML. 12,120 gp total. A more powerful version might manifest this at 15 ML and replace Recall Agony with Recall Death, but would cost significantly more.
How to Use: Sorry, kind-of rolled that into its stat block. ^^; But great for when you have somebody at your mercy but don't want to kill them NOW. Or for use on your party while they sleep, if you're the untrusting type but aren't really out to gank them.

Hyde
2013-07-28, 11:33 PM
I forgot to ask, but do we get multiple submissions? Or do I need to take one of mine out?

Doesn't matter to me, crank em out.
Only one dagger per person will be ranked, though.

Rubik
2013-07-28, 11:37 PM
Instead of putting various energy and elemental properties on all of your daggers, try stacked weapon crystals MUCH cheaper, I must say.

You'll also want a few dozen +1 morphing, sizing shurikens with additional properties. They can all turn into daggers, at 1/50 the cost.

shaikujin
2013-07-28, 11:56 PM
Are sizing/morphing shurikens acceptable to the OP?

If so, the build in my sig has 24 secondary weapons that I use for AC/Air-skating/dimension door/diplomancy synergies.

I can expand on them (and modify them to take advantage of PF's weapon properties).

Crasical
2013-07-29, 02:04 AM
Instead of putting various energy and elemental properties on all of your daggers, try stacked weapon crystals MUCH cheaper, I must say.

You'll also want a few dozen +1 morphing, sizing shurikens with additional properties. They can all turn into daggers, at 1/50 the cost.

Are sizing/morphing shurikens acceptable to the OP?

If so, the build in my sig has 24 secondary weapons that I use for AC/Air-skating/dimension door/diplomancy synergies.

I can expand on them (and modify them to take advantage of PF's weapon properties).

Not the OP, but I would build with the assumption that the answer is no. It's blatant cheese and if the DM allows it, there's rarely going to be any reason -not- to buy all the knives in the thread that way. If your knife only works or is only affordable if that bit of cheese is going to fly, that's points against it, not for.

Rubik
2013-07-29, 02:16 AM
Not the OP, but I would build with the assumption that the answer is no. It's blatant cheese and if the DM allows it, there's rarely going to be any reason -not- to buy all the knives in the thread that way. If your knife only works or is only affordable if that bit of cheese is going to fly, that's points against it, not for.Martial characters have to pay WAY too much for equipment. 1/50 the cost for weaponry seems about right to me.

After all, look at the psychic warrior. Build one right, and you get a very nice one for free.

Segev
2013-07-29, 02:17 AM
I will say that I am adding ideas for the fun of coming up with them; I honestly think many others in here are stronger, more interesting entries. I particularly like the one that unleashes a veritable apocalypse of knives when thrown.

Rubik
2013-07-29, 02:19 AM
Make a bloodstorm blade with a morphing/sizing/splitting shuriken with lots and lots of cool enhancements.

Crasical
2013-07-29, 02:31 AM
Martial characters have to pay WAY too much for equipment. 1/50 the cost for weaponry seems about right to me.

After all, look at the psychic warrior. Build one right, and you get a very nice one for free.

I think there's probably a more elegant solution than patching an imbalance with an exploit, but I'm not the OP, so.

Rubik
2013-07-29, 02:53 AM
I think there's probably a more elegant solution than patching an imbalance with an exploit, but I'm not the OP, so.Still less powerful than archery using a +10 equivalent bow and +10 equivalent arrows with a +5 from Greater Magic Weapon, and another +7 equivalent from a stacked weapon crystal, and it'd cost considerably more to buy a half-dozen +10 daggers normally, if that tells you anything.

shaikujin
2013-07-29, 03:27 AM
Not the OP, but I would build with the assumption that the answer is no. It's blatant cheese and if the DM allows it, there's rarely going to be any reason -not- to buy all the knives in the thread that way. If your knife only works or is only affordable if that bit of cheese is going to fly, that's points against it, not for.

Works either way, just wanted to find out the OP's cheese tolerance level and work with that :D

A +5 weapon cost 50k (plus MW, Special Material, Moddifications etc), needing up to 12 of them would cost 600k, that's not going to leave a lot of gp left for a lvl 20 character's WBL...

Barring certain cheesy, semi-cheesy methods, most builds would be unable to use all 12 weapons simultaneously either. Being able to only bring forth a fraction of a character's WBL at any one time against higher CL monsters might not be a good move.

shaikujin
2013-07-29, 03:31 AM
Make a bloodstorm blade with a morphing/sizing/splitting shuriken with lots and lots of cool enhancements.

Yo Rubik, looks like I need your expert advice again :D

Would thowing these weapons (even though they are morphed into non-ammo weapons) force them to be treated like shuriken ammo (and thus being destroyed upon a hit)?

Arkusus
2013-07-29, 04:45 AM
Name: Unseen Fury

Weapon Properties: Blood Seeking (+1), Returning (+1), Distance (+1), Explosive (+2 or 3? Not sure if this counts as a ranged weapon for enchants, though it'll be used as one)

How it should be used: When you spot your enemy, simply take cover, think about your foe, and hurl daggers while hiding behind a tree, pillar, or even around a corner and watch as your daggers change direction mid-flight, peg your target, explode, and then return to you without ever having to expose yourself. Even more effective if you catch your enemies unaware!
Description: A sharp dagger with a mouth etched onto the tip, with a dyed drop of blood in between it's teeth, behind the mouth, the edges twist in and out in the style of a flame. Red hilt and handle.

Name: A Healthy Distance

Weapon Properties: Distance (+1) Seeking (+1) Returning (+1) Knockback (+3)

How it should be used: Have a problem with charging barbarians? Not anymore! Throw your dagger, which can't miss by the way (Did we mention that?) and watch as your target is thrown backwards, out of harms reach.
For best results, use as a readied action, so it happens after their move action is expended.
(Note: While it is on occasion hilarious, it becomes much less useful against multiple targets, or spellcasters, or rangers. Perhaps just have one or two daggers like this for when you need to really piss someone off)
Description: A dagger with a rather simple blade that appears to be extending out the top of a small hammer. The hammer's head forms the hilt of the small blade.

Name: Burning Rage
Weapon Properties: Distance (+1) Exit Wound (+2) Exploding (Still don't know if this is a +2, or +3)
How it should be used: When encountering more than one opponent in a small area, run quickly to flank your opponents so they are viewed in a line, and then throw your dagger. Watch as it hits your first target, explodes hitting both targets, exits dealing extra damage, and then hits another enemy behind causing a second explosion and a second exit wound. Additional enemies beyond this are just gravy. End results on two targets, 1d4+2d4+1d6+2d4 on each target (Avg: 16/target + Str)
Description: A sharpened dagger with no hilt, an engraving of a fire elemental on the blade.

Segev
2013-07-29, 08:28 AM
I'm not following how the dagger "cannot miss." Can you elaborate, please?

Hamste
2013-07-29, 08:46 AM
I think it is a misunderstanding of the seeking enchantment. It bypasses the miss chance of the target (for example if you throw it into a square where an invisible creature is you ignore the concealment chance). Miss chance does not include the attack roll that the dagger's thrower must make to hit the target.

Rubik
2013-07-29, 11:33 AM
Yo Rubik, looks like I need your expert advice again :D

Would thowing these weapons (even though they are morphed into non-ammo weapons) force them to be treated like shuriken ammo (and thus being destroyed upon a hit)?It's no longer considered ammo, but a regular dagger, and so it would not be destroyed unless there's another effect in play.

Arkusus
2013-07-29, 01:38 PM
I'm not following how the dagger "cannot miss." Can you elaborate, please?

Seeking
Only ranged weapons can have the seeking ability. The weapon veers toward its target, negating any miss chances that would otherwise apply, such as from concealment. (The wielder still has to aim the weapon at the right square. Arrows mistakenly shot into an empty space, for example, do not veer and hit invisible enemies, even if they are nearby.)

From what I read, as long as you aim at the right square, you're good.

Boci
2013-07-29, 01:40 PM
From what I read, as long as you aim at the right square, you're good.

No, miss chance is a game term that results from specific circamstances, not a general reference to the fact that you might not roll high enough to hit your target's AC.

Segev
2013-07-29, 01:42 PM
Edit: Ninja'd.

When firing at fully concealed enemies, it is quite possible (if they're invisible, you're blind, it's 100% dark, the fog is hiding them, etc.) that you might not know in what square they reside. If you fire blindly, you state the square at which you are aiming. You roll to hit as normal, with whatever penalties might be in place for blindness or whathaveyou. If you picked a square containing a creature, that attack roll is compared to that creature's AC. If that attack roll succeeds on hitting that creature's AC, then you roll the 50% miss chance. Only if that miss chance fails (i.e., you didn't miss due to firing into apparently empty space) do you actually hit.

What the seeking tag does is negate that 50% miss chance. It does not let you fire at a random square while naming a target and have it change squares (hence it saying, "You must still pick the right square,") nor does it hit the target if you don't roll high enough on the AC. It simply adjusts its trajectory to guarantee that concealment doesn't cause you to miss by firing wildly. Still have to aim at the right square, though.

Arkusus
2013-07-29, 03:11 PM
Edit: Ninja'd.

When firing at fully concealed enemies, it is quite possible (if they're invisible, you're blind, it's 100% dark, the fog is hiding them, etc.) that you might not know in what square they reside. If you fire blindly, you state the square at which you are aiming. You roll to hit as normal, with whatever penalties might be in place for blindness or whathaveyou. If you picked a square containing a creature, that attack roll is compared to that creature's AC. If that attack roll succeeds on hitting that creature's AC, then you roll the 50% miss chance. Only if that miss chance fails (i.e., you didn't miss due to firing into apparently empty space) do you actually hit.

What the seeking tag does is negate that 50% miss chance. It does not let you fire at a random square while naming a target and have it change squares (hence it saying, "You must still pick the right square,") nor does it hit the target if you don't roll high enough on the AC. It simply adjusts its trajectory to guarantee that concealment doesn't cause you to miss by firing wildly. Still have to aim at the right square, though.

Well then, honestly that does make a little more sense. That ability then has little useful effect for the knockback dagger, unless you're fighting invisible barbarians.

Segev
2013-07-30, 10:23 AM
Name: The Twice-Killer
Weapon Properties: +1 dagger (4000 gp) with a string of black onyxes down each side of the blade. Has the ability to cast Animate Dead, use-activated, 1 effective charge (+3250 gp). Total: 7250 gp
How to Use: The magic crafting process divided its one charge into its most basic components. Each time this dagger deals a death blow to a living creature that can become a zombie, its Animate Dead casting burns out a number of its gems equal to the HD of the creature slain and animates it. The animated zombie serves the holder of the dagger without question. When all 10 gems are gone, it is just a +1 dagger with whatever remaining zombies are bound to it.

Medic!
2013-07-30, 11:07 AM
Name: Bloodletter
Weapon Properties: +1 Fleshgrinding (+2), Masterslaying (+1), Wounding (+2) dagger *Wounding optional
How it should be used: Best used on a mobile twf-er to maximize attacks and spread the love around. Just made a scout/dervish with about 15 of these things. The idea is to hit as many foes as possible (or stack them on one foe as many times as possible) and let the daggers Grind away every round while you jam more and more daggers into them. And if they get ahold of one of them? Make it hit them for an auto-crit vs. Flatfoot and start grinding again! In a perfect, ideal situation, one could make use of up to somewhere north of 40 of these at one time.
Appearance: A kindjal dagger with a blood-grove down the full length of the blade. Each dagger has an ornate script flowing around the guardless hilt describing the command words for each. The sheathes for each dagger are hardened leather that looks like scorched earth.

Hyde
2013-07-30, 06:35 PM
We've got multiple pages now! cool.

Not surprising, we've got pretty much all +5 entries.

The DM for the game pretty much hates custom magic items, we had to strongarm the ability to stack enchants by showing him the math difference between the +(One ability) items and the +(Three abilities) items, which follows the custom creation guidelines.

Knives that can cast spells outside of Spell-storing aren't likely to see the light of day.

Crasical
2013-07-30, 09:58 PM
Eel
Proprieties: +1 last resort spell storing dagger (so again, +3 price wise)
How it should be used: If you are ever grappled, stab creature with this for extra damage and then use dimension hop to escape.

A version of this dagger with Knockback instead of Spell Storing would be hilarious. Overall less useful, but hilarious.

Hyde
2013-07-31, 12:32 AM
I think I'll copy everything to notecards for ease of ranking...

Segev
2013-07-31, 09:36 AM
Ah, enhancement-equivalents only? Gotcha!

GreenETC
2013-07-31, 09:52 AM
I'm personally a fan of the +1 Defending/Spellstrike Magebane Dagger, using the bonus to the enhancement from the Bane to offset the penalty to your enhancement.

shaikujin
2013-07-31, 12:14 PM
Expanding on part of the secondary weapons in my sig. Here's one of a set of 24 weapons:

Weapon Name|Source|Type|Cost|Description
Hakuro ||Dagger|302|Name means White Dew
Blood Glass|Secrets of Xendrik Pg 147|Material|500|Grants +1 bonus of damage for piercing or slashing weapons
Ringsword|A&EG Pg 115|Enhancement (Priced)|4,000|Gain benefits of an attached ring
Shifting|Secrets of Xendrik Pg 147|Enhancement (Priced)|3,000|As morphing, but only for weapons made from Blood Glass
Sizing|MIC Pg 43|Enhancement (Priced)|5,000|
Spellblade|Player's Guide To Faerun P120|Enhancement (Priced)|6,000|
Flaming|Mysteries of the Moonsea Pg 43|Enhancement (Priced)|2,000|The Cave of Gems
Frost|Mysteries of the Moonsea Pg 43|Enhancement (Priced)|2,000|
Shock|Mysteries of the Moonsea Pg 43|Enhancement (Priced)|2,000|
+1 Enhancement|SRD|Enhancement|2,000|
+1 Defending|PFSRD|Enhancement|6,000|Free action every turn to transfer all enhancement bonus to AC. Specifically stacks with all other bonus.
+1 Flying|Magic of Faerun Pg 140|Enhancement|10,000|30 ft flight and is treated as an animated object
Intelligent Item|PFSRD|Intelligence|2,000|Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 10; Speech. 120 darkvision and hearing. Defend a particular race. Ego = 10 + Item value modifier
Lesser Power 1|PFSRD|Intelligence|10,000|Item has 10 ranks in Perception
Total|||54,802|

Use:
The plan is to get synergy from being able to make use of multiple weapons simultaneously. Fully scale-able depending on how many you want to get.

1) In the morning, morph all into shurikens, then use 1 casting of Greater Magic Weapon (if a spell caster isn't available, the cheapest way I have seen so far is from a Tooth of Leraje, 21,600 gp) to make them all +5. Morph them back into daggers or various hidden blades when done
2) Defending has been mentioned before, 12 of these give a total of +60 bonus to AC. Scales with the number of weapons you get.
3) Flying has also been mentioned. Instead of skateboard, the boot blades will be used to skate on air, while the others will pull the wielder along. Tell the Intelligent weapons to take specific actions in tandem depending on what you say. So "Move me within 10 ft of the Ogre" will cause them to work together and move you until you are within 10 ft. Speaking is a free action. That gives free action movement up to 360 ft per round.
4) Alternatively, put them into a bandoleer or a Quiver of Ehlonna, then on command have them fly out of the Quiver and hover/attack in formation
5) Morph them into 2-handed Jovars, then size them to colossal. Have them guard you 24/7 or attack opponents. Instant army.
6) Wear up to 24 extra rings (ringsword)
7) Has flaming/frost/shock properties
8) Negate or reflect up to 24 different types of spells (spellblade)
9) All have speech, can size themselves to fine, fly around and can act as distractions, scouts, broadcast system
10) Each have 10 in perception (they also have 120 ft darkvision/hearing). 24 of these will give 24 extra spot checks per round. You can also tell them to use "aid another" to boost your own perception check by +48
11) One of the item has undergone the Ritual of Honor (DMG2) to grant another +1 untyped bonus to initiative
12) You can also add wand chambers to them to be able to use anyone of 24 different wands at a time
13) Remove spellblade and ringsword properties if you don't need them or want to reduce costs

Appearance
They are shaped like Kunai knives : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kunai
and the razor sharp blade looks like it's made out of red crystal.
Rings will fit in the hilt near the hilt guard, or in grove in the ring-hole shaped pommel.
Hilt is wrapped in leather straps (or Blessed bandages for even more utility)
Augment crystals will fit in the ring-hole pommel.
The hilt and pommel retain their shape when morphed into different weapons

In case you are interested, these are the names of all 24 weapons (old Japanese names for agricultural seasons):
1 Risshun (This would be the Eager + Warning weapon)
2 Usui
3 Keichitsu
4 Shunbun
5 Seimei (if cost reduction via shurikens is fair game, this would be the weapon with Bestow Grace of the Champion)
6 Kokuu
7 Rikka
8 Shōman (this would be the weapon with wrathful healing)
9 Bōshu
10 Geshi
11 Shōsho
12 Taisho (This would be the one with +2 Burning, for even more initiative bonus)
13 Risshū
14 Shosho
15 Hakuro
16 Shūbun
17 Kanro
18 Sōkō (smoking weapon)
19 Rittō
20 Shōsetsu
21 Taisetsu
22 Tōji
23 Shōkan
24 Daikan

Need_A_Life
2013-07-31, 01:31 PM
Starting dagger (lvl 1) [PF] - 200gp
Weapon Properties: N/A
Material: Viridium (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/special-materials#TOC-Viridium)
How it should be used: It should be used to force two Fort saves in the Surprise Round along with your Sneak Attack, possibly using the Disposable Weapon feat.
Appearance: A ragged piece of volcanic rock with an old bandage forming the grip. Kept in a small lead-lined box for health issues.
Possible Upgrades: Remove fragile quality, Cruel (combine with Merciful and Enforcer).

At level 1-5, it's a potent weapon on its own (and can be repaired with a simple cantrip called Mending) and, if you let it do non-lethal damage and combine the Enforcer feat and the Cruel quality, you have a +2/+3 weapon that will...
- Deal 1d4+1d6+Str non-lethal
- Force DC 12 Fort vs. Disease and DC 14 vs. Poison on a critical.
- Inflict Shaken condition (and later the Sickened condition).

It's a weapon meant for de-buffing and works brilliantly with fear-escalating effects.

Segev
2013-07-31, 01:50 PM
Name: Backstabber
Weapon Properties: +1 Menacing Benevolent (+3 total equiv.)
How to Use: Meant to be wielded by somebody who is more interested in helping his melee expert allies than in doing damage directly, the Backstabber adds its enhancement bonus to Aid Another bonuses granted to allies to-hit rolls, as well as adding +2 to the allies' flanking bonus. Enchant it with Greater Magic Weapon to make its Aid Another power even better.

Name: Army Knife
Weapon Properties: +1 Transforming Skillful Dagger of Aptitude (+4 equiv. and an additional 10,000 gp; total: 26,302 gp)
How to Use: No matter what you can normally wield proficiently, you can wield this weapon, and with at least a 3/4 BAB. No matter what weapon you need, this weapon is it. No matter what weapons you have specific feats to use better, you can use them with this weapon.

Hyde
2013-07-31, 08:55 PM
Nice budget entry, NAL

Hyde
2013-08-02, 08:54 AM
doot doot doo...