PDA

View Full Version : Advanced armor Rules & called Hits

searlefm
2013-07-25, 07:01 PM
hello everyone i can remember years ago reading a expatiation book for 3.5 (it is posable this is a 3ed rule) that had variant rules for the games armor system that made it alot more complex as you could have a brass chest peace and leather leg armor.
However i cannot find it in any of my books nor any mention of it online
so if any of you know can you please inform me.

Moving on to question 2 the called hits that i think was in the same book (don't hold me to that tho i am unsure)
where the called shot let player character get up to shenanigans like slitting through during combat and disarming opponents literally(yes in the incredibly bad pun way) or aim for an opponents in full plans face for when they forgot there helmet at somewhat worse odd that a normal attack.

and before i get someone post the rant by one of the lead designers saying that dnd should never have location hits in the game.
instead could you throw every possible references from every book you know that might have it included and i would also like any well thought out home brews on the subject.
so in advanced for everyone that help thank you.

kreenlover
2013-07-25, 09:03 PM
I'd assume unearthed arcana or Dragon mag.

Otherwise check out the pathfinder critical cards. On critical hits it lets you do things like chop their hand off, or poke out an eye, and other fun stuff like that.

PraxisVetli
2013-07-29, 01:13 AM
Perhaps you mean Torn Asunder, the book of critical hits.
It has rules for piece armour, new variants on critical hits (I love and play by them) along with rules on called shot, and critical hit based feats.

searlefm
2013-07-29, 06:33 AM
thank for the add vice i'll read into it