PDA

View Full Version : Handful of Questions

Yogibear41
2013-07-25, 09:28 PM
got a handful of questions so instead of making seperate threads tossing them all into one :smallsmile:

1. What is a good gishish prestige class that goes well with rogue/sorcerer that I can qualify for by taking only 2 levels of sorcerer and the rest rogue, needs high skill points and at least medium BAB willing to sacrifice casting levels for it 5/10 is acceptable high hit die is also a +.

2. Are their any feats that can be used to add acid damage to a creatures natural attacks without reducing the to hit chance on its attacks. Low cost or low level magic items and long duration low level spells are also acceptable. 1d6+ would be great but beggars can't be choosers.

3. Are their any spells(lower the level the better) that basically function as a safety deposit box for items? Say you are somewhere and you have some stuff you want to just disappear, but later at a different location you would like to be able to recast the spell and open up the box to get your stuff back?

4. Is their anyway other than troll blooded or a template to gain unlimited fast healing or regeneration at a low level?

5. Are their any feats that can overcome the fatigue gained from troll blooded by a character in the sunlight, essentially negating the negative aspect of that feat?

Thanks for the help :smallsmile:

ericp65
2013-07-25, 09:42 PM
For #3, a bag of holding won't do?

Keld Denar
2013-07-25, 09:51 PM
Unseen Seer is 3/4 BAB and full casting with 6+int skill points. Great class features too. Daggerspell Mage is full BAB, IIRC, and 9/10 casting, but less good than USS and only has 2+int skill points.

Shape Soulmeld (Kuthrik Claws), IIRC, will get you acid damage on natural attacks. You get more for having more essentia. You can get essentia via more feats or taking levels in a class like Totemist or Incarnate.

Hoard Gullet is basically what you want. Its low level, allows you to eat treasure, and latter spit it back out. The duration is long. I think its in Dragon Magic.

There are lots of ways. (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19871786/A_Players_Guide_to_Healing_%28And,_why_you_will_be _Just_Fine_without_a_Cleric_to_heal%29)

Not sure about feats, but there are a few races and more than a dozen classes that give it.

Segev
2013-07-25, 09:52 PM
got a handful of questions so instead of making seperate threads tossing them all into one :smallsmile:

1. What is a good gishish prestige class that goes well with rogue/sorcerer that I can qualify for by taking only 2 levels of sorcerer and the rest rogue, needs high skill points and at least medium BAB willing to sacrifice casting levels for it 5/10 is acceptable high hit die is also a +.Unseen Seer sounds like it's right up your alley, here. Full casting, 3/4 BAB, only requires level 1 arcane, but needs a focus on divination. It's in Complete Mage.

3. Are their any spells(lower the level the better) that basically function as a safety deposit box for items? Say you are somewhere and you have some stuff you want to just disappear, but later at a different location you would like to be able to recast the spell and open up the box to get your stuff back?(Leomund's) Secret Chest. It's in the SRD without the parenthetical name.

4. Is their anyway other than troll blooded or a template to gain unlimited fast healing or regeneration at a low level?Best I can think of is if you can find a way to persist Vigor (the 1st level divine spell, not the psionic power). DMM, maybe? Not sure that counts as "low" level, though.

5. Are their any feats that can overcome the fatigue gained from troll blooded by a character in the sunlight, essentially negating the negative aspect of that feat?Not that I can think of. Perhaps a Warlock or Dragonfire Adept with Devil's Sight and Darkness invocations? The latter shields from the sun; the former sees through the latter.

Kazyan
2013-07-25, 09:54 PM
#2: Corrosive Grasp spell. Bunch of touch attacks for 1d6+1 acid damage; can be delivered with uanrmed strikes and natural attacks because that's how touch spells work.

Yogibear41
2013-07-25, 10:06 PM
Hmm Leomunds Chest is okay, but I was looking for something that I could stash everything, as in down to my birthday suit if I had to, and that spell requires a focus so I will always have to have something on me.

I seem to remeber reading about some spell somewhere where you could store items like that, but on the plane of shadow instead.

Hoard Gullet seems like it would work, anything preventing me from casting that as a human eat all my stuff then say change into a rat via lycanthrope? Spell still stays in effect as normal correct?

Kazyan
2013-07-25, 10:12 PM
Shadow Cache, from Manual of the Planes? Requires nothing from your spell component pouch, either.

Yogibear41
2013-07-25, 10:25 PM
Thats it! Just looked it up though and it says it remains stationary at the point where you create it, does that mean you have to be in the same place to retrieve the items you stored in it?

Kazyan
2013-07-25, 10:29 PM
"You can recover objects placed in the portal throughout the duration of the spell, or by casting another shadow cache later."

Cast Shadow Cache. Stick your stuff in it. Go to the Elemental Plane of Arbitrariness. Cast Shadow Cache. Take your stuff out of it.

Yogibear41
2013-07-25, 10:32 PM
Unseen seer is great except for the d4 hit die, but I guess I can't have it all. When it says able to cast 1 level spells including 2 divinations does that mean that the 2 divinations have to be 1st level? or can I get away with 0 level divinations to qualify? Figure 1st level but never hurts to try lol.

Keld Denar
2013-07-25, 11:26 PM
I'd say that any level would count for USS. There are like, 3 0th level Divinations including Detect Magic and Detect Poison. Add to that True Strike and you're more than covered.

Deophaun
2013-07-25, 11:48 PM
"You can recover objects placed in the portal throughout the duration of the spell, or by casting another shadow cache later."

Cast Shadow Cache. Stick your stuff in it. Go to the Elemental Plane of Arbitrariness. Cast Shadow Cache. Take your stuff out of it.
The problem is, the plane of shadow is coexistant with the material plane. So yes, you do need to cast the spell in the same spot to access your goods.

And you cannot cast it on the Elemental Plane of Arbitrariness, as it says it can only be cast on planes coexistant with the plane of shadow.

TuggyNE
2013-07-26, 05:22 AM
The problem is, the plane of shadow is coexistant with the material plane. So yes, you do need to cast the spell in the same spot to access your goods.

What? That doesn't seem to follow; the Plane of Shadow has rather non-Euclidean geometry, and large distances on the Material can be separated by short distances on the Shadow, so shadow cache might rather easily be able to find the stored stuff from pretty much anywhere.

Deophaun
2013-07-26, 07:05 AM
What? That doesn't seem to follow;
The spell explicitly says that the cache remains stationary where you put it.

TuggyNE
2013-07-26, 08:03 AM
The spell explicitly says that the cache remains stationary where you put it.

Ah. Well, without seeing the text I can't be sure, but that might indeed prevent that.